NFL: 2014 Season

Wow, Dallas won again today. Maybe not as impressive as last weeks win but still a good showing. They have the best record in the NFL (6 and 1) at this point. Who would have guessed.

The bad Bears are back. Lose badly and yell and scream at each other in the locker room after the game. And chastise the fans for booing them on the field.

The bad Bears are back. Lose badly and yell and scream at each other in the locker room after the game. And chastise the fans for booing them on the field.

The only thing missing is a QB controversy. All they have is Bad Jay/Good Jay :LOL:

Here we go again. I'm starting to go on the Peyton Manning bandwagon again. The Broncos looked dominant against the 49ers.

Here we go again. I'm starting to go on the Peyton Manning bandwagon again. The Broncos looked dominant against the 49ers.

Agree, they were awesome. They even took Peyton out in the forth quarter since they were so far ahead. (Bet he didn't like being taken out)

I did get a good laugh when his teammates wouldn't let Peyton have the record breaking football by playing keep-away with it. They looked like a bunch of kids playing around (Really big kids) I'm not sure why he wanted it so badly since I understand it's going into the hall of fame anyway.

I don't follow the NFL as closely as some, but it's obvious that, so far this season, the old adage "that's why they play the games" applies.

Agree, they were awesome. They even took Peyton out in the forth quarter since they were so far ahead. (Bet he didn't like being taken out)

I did get a good laugh when his teammates wouldn't let Peyton have the record breaking football by playing keep-away with it. They looked like a bunch of kids playing around (Really big kids) I'm not sure why he wanted it so badly since I understand it's going into the hall of fame anyway.

Yeah. Saw the part of his teammates playing keep away. I hope Peyton at last had a chance to hold the historic ball again before the NFL HOF guy hauled it away.

"A Tale of Two Cities" with Texas teams this week - It was the best of times (for Dallas), it was the worse of times (for Houston)...

Actually, the Houston/Pittsburgh game wasn't that bad (if you didn't watch the last few minutes of the second quarter.) I understand it's not a record, but I've personally never seen so many points scored by one pro team in such a short time.

Last edited:
"A Tale of Two Cities" with Texas teams this week - It was the best of times (for Dallas), it was the worse of times (for Houston)...

Actually, the Houston/Pittsburgh game wasn't that bad (if you didn't watch the last few minutes of the second quarter.) I understand it's not a record, but I've personally never seen so many points scored by one pro team in such a short time.
I recall a Monday Night Football game quite a few years ago (10?) when the Seahawks were up by some 21 points at the final two-minute warning. They were high-fiving and congratulating each other during the commercial break. Then, during the final two minutes of the game, the opposing team (Cowboys?) got those 21 points, plus! And won the game! A tough lesson in: you haven't won until it's over.

OMG, Tomorrow is going to be a very long day & night of watching football. Starting at 8:30am (Central time) with the Lions and Falcons playing in London. Then the regular games all afternoon and ending late Sunday night with the Packers and the Saints.

The problem is that NASCAR will conflict with the afternoon games and the World Series will conflict with the evening game.:facepalm:

I guess I better put some new batteries in the TV remote control and an extra 6 pack of beer on ice for tomorrow.

I predict Bears victory over Pats today. Of course that depends on which team shows up......Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde!

I predict Bears victory over Pats today. Of course that depends on which team shows up......Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde!

Hope your prediction is correct but I doubt it. I just have that feeling Brady is going to carve them up like a thanksgiving turkey.

I wonder what "CJ Mosley" (Lions defensive tackel) did to get suspended for two weeks and sent home from London this weekend?

So I guess we now know the solution to the Lion's field goal kicker problem. Give him two tries! Go Lions!

[FONT=&quot]So the Tennessee Titans, who were actually the Houston Oilers, before they move to Tennessee in the late 90s, were “whipped up on” today by Houston’s replacement team “The Houston Texans”. Adding to that insult, the Texans current quarterback (Fitzpatrick) played for the Titans last year . :LOL:[/FONT]

I'm going out for a nice long walk. My blood pressure was going thru the roof by the end of that Seahawks-Panthers game!

Watched a few minutes of the Steelers vs Colts, but those Steeler throw back uniforms about made me barf.

Attachments

• imgres.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 96
Watched a few minutes of the Steelers vs Colts, but those Steeler throw back uniforms about made me barf.

When the Patriots switched their logo, a lot of people weren't happy. They thought the new guy looked like Elvis. I agreed and still do. I like the Minuteman in a three-point stance.

Yes those Killer Bee unis are quite the eye-full but they seem to be working.

Hope your prediction is correct but I doubt it. I just have that feeling Brady is going to carve them up like a thanksgiving turkey.

You were 100% correct. He was 30 for 35 for 350 yards and 5 TDs.

BTW he's 5-0 in his career against the Bears.

Boy was I wrong. To a man I thought they would come out so fired up and play like madmen. Well, I think this coaching staff has to go. Trestman has lost this team. Personally, I thought they should have got on the bus at halftime and went to the airport.

They are awful. Maybe it's for Halloween.

Big matchup next Sunday in Foxborough. The 6-1 Broncos and the 6-2 Patriots. It's Brady against Manning and I WILL be there.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom