Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #241
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Let's go JETS !!!!!
Yeah, right. The only place they are going is to early tee times while other teams are preparing for their playoff games.

pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #242
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Let's go JETS !!!!!
Remember the Titans. As a former NYer, I was a fan back in the early days, and especially during Broadway Joe's era.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #243
Full time employment: Posting here.

NFL Power Rankings: Week #7
Old 10-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #244

Well, Cowboy's Doug Free out for 4-6 weeks with a foot fracture and Joseph Randle was just arrested for shop lifting. Hope this type of trend does not continue.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Joseph Randle was just arrested for shop lifting. Hope this type of trend does not continue.
From what I've read, he'll earn more than 1/2 million this year on his contract. The news report I was reading said, his excuse was, he didn't want to take the time to pay for the items. What is someone like this thinking? If this is all true, he's lucky that stupidity isn't a crime?
Old 10-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
From what I've read, he'll earn more than 1/2 million this year on his contract. The news report I was reading said, his excuse was, he didn't want to take the time to pay for the items. What is someone like this thinking? Or maybe he's not thinking at all. If this is all true, he's lucky that stupidity isn't a crime.
I understand the Cowboys recently implemented a zero tolerance policy for arrests and other misconducts. I am curious to see how that policy gets interpreted in this case. If Murray gets hurt or needs rest, they will certainly need Joseph Randle.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #247

Quote:
I understand the Cowboys recently implemented a zero tolerance policy for arrests and other misconducts. I am curious to see how that policy gets interpreted in this case.
It will be interesting to see how they apply their new zero tolerance policy. Also, I realize that the NFL want's to be seen as "swiftly" taking appropriate and positive actions in these cases. But shouldn't the discipline be held until the person is found guilty in a court of law or admits to the crime/misconduct?
Old 10-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #248
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
From what I've read, he'll earn more than 1/2 million this year on his contract. The news report I was reading said, his excuse was, he didn't want to take the time to pay for the items. What is someone like this thinking? If this is all true, he's lucky that stupidity isn't a crime?
He didn't want to take the time to pay for the items

My first thought when I read this story is why would someone who obviously has a decent paycheck, even if paid the minimum pro football salary do such a stupid thing? I guess the thoughts of "I want, I take" overpower "I'll get caught" at the moment.

Kinda brings back memories of Winona Ryder and her kleptomaniac days
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #249
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I understand the Cowboys recently implemented a zero tolerance policy for arrests and other misconducts. I am curious to see how that policy gets interpreted in this case. If Murray gets hurt or needs rest, they will certainly need Joseph Randle.
Hopefully he won't be joining us on one of the threads about realizing we weren't as critical to our jobs as we thought we were.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #250

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how they apply their new zero tolerance policy. Also, I realize that the NFL want's to be seen as "swiftly" taking appropriate and positive actions in these cases. But shouldn't the discipline be held until the person is found guilty in a court of law or admits to the crime/misconduct?
I think Garrett said he would be fined one weeks pay. I'm not sure what exactly that translates to, but probably at least $20K.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #251

Wow, Dallas won again today. Maybe not as impressive as last weeks win but still a good showing. They have the best record in the NFL (6 and 1) at this point. Who would have guessed.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #252

The bad Bears are back. Lose badly and yell and scream at each other in the locker room after the game. And chastise the fans for booing them on the field.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #253
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
The bad Bears are back. Lose badly and yell and scream at each other in the locker room after the game. And chastise the fans for booing them on the field.
The only thing missing is a QB controversy. All they have is Bad Jay/Good Jay
Old 10-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #254
Give me a forum ...

Here we go again. I'm starting to go on the Peyton Manning bandwagon again. The Broncos looked dominant against the 49ers.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Here we go again. I'm starting to go on the Peyton Manning bandwagon again. The Broncos looked dominant against the 49ers.
Agree, they were awesome. They even took Peyton out in the forth quarter since they were so far ahead. (Bet he didn't like being taken out)

I did get a good laugh when his teammates wouldn't let Peyton have the record breaking football by playing keep-away with it. They looked like a bunch of kids playing around (Really big kids) I'm not sure why he wanted it so badly since I understand it's going into the hall of fame anyway.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #256
Give me a forum ...

I don't follow the NFL as closely as some, but it's obvious that, so far this season, the old adage "that's why they play the games" applies.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #257
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Agree, they were awesome. They even took Peyton out in the forth quarter since they were so far ahead. (Bet he didn't like being taken out)

I did get a good laugh when his teammates wouldn't let Peyton have the record breaking football by playing keep-away with it. They looked like a bunch of kids playing around (Really big kids) I'm not sure why he wanted it so badly since I understand it's going into the hall of fame anyway.
Yeah. Saw the part of his teammates playing keep away. I hope Peyton at last had a chance to hold the historic ball again before the NFL HOF guy hauled it away.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #258

"A Tale of Two Cities" with Texas teams this week - It was the best of times (for Dallas), it was the worse of times (for Houston)...

Actually, the Houston/Pittsburgh game wasn't that bad (if you didn't watch the last few minutes of the second quarter.) I understand it's not a record, but I've personally never seen so many points scored by one pro team in such a short time.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #259

The game will become 100% better when the league gets rid of facemasks.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #260
Full time employment: Posting here.

NFL Power Rankings: Week #8
Come on, let's go, Hawks!