NFL: 2014 Season

The Patriots will be fine. They have made me happy since I started watching football in the late 70s, win or lose. I think Chuck Fairbanks was the coach back then.

My one year wonder 1986 Bears blew them out in SBXX. They now have a dynasty. Sensational front office and coaching staff. They rarely lose at home which is a treat for fans.

Bears won a game at home. Whoopee. Again they played sloppy and had lots of mistakes but managed to beat a team I guess that is worse than them. Next week they play Bucs at home and old coach Lovie Smith. Bucs are 2-8. Another bottom feeder but I bet they will be hard pressed to win this one also.

Those Bears were amazing. That was a painful day for me.

A friend and I discussed who would win: the Bears or the 70s Steelers? We both said PGH.

Edit: wrong quote from ripper1. You know what I meant.

Last edited:
I thought the Pats looked really good last night other than that fluffball interception that Brady threw towards the end of the second quarter. I'm guessing that he would really like that one back but luckily it didn't affect the end result.

Early in the season I thought the Seahawks looked like supermen and the team to beat but it now looks like they will be lucky to make the post-season. Sorry for them and their fans but Pete Carroll going through tough times doesn't break my heart.

Denver seems to have suddenly become human again as well.

Still a long ways to go and a lot of football to be played.

The PATS now have the upper hand in the AFC after last night. They dominated the game and won by 22 points with Brady having an mediocre game by his standards. It's been 10 years since they won their last SB but they finally have a very good defense to complement their superior offense.

They still have a tough schedule with the Lions at home, The Packers away and the Chargers away and not to mention the Dolphins and Jets who regardless of their record always play the PATS tough.

Lots of football left but right now they look like the best team in the AFC.

The Packers game in two weeks may be a preview of the Superbowl.

Bears won a game at home. Whoopee. Again they played sloppy and had lots of mistakes but managed to beat a team I guess that is worse than them. Next week they play Bucs at home and old coach Lovie Smith. Bucs are 2-8. Another bottom feeder but I bet they will be hard pressed to win this one also.

This game went pretty much like I thought. Their defense is not nearly as exposed versus a below average QB. They dominated this game more than score showed. If they had taken the 3 in first half at the goal line the game would never have been in doubt in 4th qt. I think they get to 5-6 next week, but it will be an uphill climb to finish 8-8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the Pats looked really good last night other than that fluffball interception that Brady threw towards the end of the second quarter. I'm guessing that he would really like that one back but luckily it didn't affect the end result.

Early in the season I thought the Seahawks looked like supermen and the team to beat but it now looks like they will be lucky to make the post-season. Sorry for them and their fans but Pete Carroll going through tough times doesn't break my heart.

Denver seems to have suddenly become human again as well.

Still a long ways to go and a lot of football to be played.

NFL= Not For Long

NFL= Not For Long

The Rams are proof of that... If someone knew prior to beginning of the year that Rams would have 3 wins against last years top 4 teams after 10 games, I doubt many would guess their record would be 4-6.

This game went pretty much like I thought. Their defense is not nearly as exposed versus a below average QB. They dominated this game more than score showed. If they had taken the 3 in first half at the goal line the game would never have been in doubt in 4th qt. I think they get to 5-6 next week, but it will be an uphill climb to finish 8-8.

Well, lets see, next week they have Tampa. Not a walk in the park and could lose to their old coach Lovie and ex qb McCown. They finish with Vikings who may or may not have Peterson back. Even then on the road and could drop that one. In between they have Lions twice, Cowboys, and Saints.......0-4 there against proven quarterbacks. So I say they will be 5-11 or 6-10. This from a team offense that should have been averaging 30pts. a game. Of course defense and special teams have been horrible. Quite an underachieving group. Actually an embarrassment to the city of Chicago.

The Jets and Bills game (or the Snow Bowl) has been postponed until Monday night and moved to Detroit. Two Monday night games coming up this week.

Sounds pretty rough up there. I heard they had up to 6 feet of snow and drifts to 10 feet in Buffalo. What happened to global warming?

Last edited:
The Jets and Bills game (or the Snow Bowl) has been postponed until Monday night and moved to Detroit. Two Monday night games coming up this week.

Sounds pretty rough up there. I heard they had up to 6 feet of snow and drifts to 10 feet in Buffalo. What happened to global warming?

They may be headed for melting and a flood, so who knows what that will due to upcoming games, or it might get cold again and then chance for more snow.

I was listing to the radio in the car yesterday and it reported that the real bad part is very concentrated and that if you went a few miles that one might go from lots of snow to very little snow. They also said that global warming is part of what is making this "lake effect" snow so bad.

And The Washington Post says: "The lake effect wall of snow left wildly varying snow totals across the region: one side of Cheektowaga, N.Y., had at least 51 inches of snow Tuesday; the other side of town recorded just 2 inches."

I was listing to the radio in the car yesterday and it reported that the real bad part is very concentrated and that if you went a few miles that one might go from lots of snow to very little snow. They also said that global warming is part of what is making this "lake effect" snow so bad.

:eek:

They may be headed for melting and a flood, so who knows what that will due to upcoming games, or it might get cold again and then chance for more snow.

They're saying that the game against the Browns on Nov 30th may have to be moved as well.

Anybody watch end of Chiefs-Raiders game last night? Craziest thing I ever seen. Two Raider linebackers continuing their sack dance celebration 20 yards behind Chiefs line of scrimmage while Chiefs were lined up to snap ball. They had no clue a game was even going on. Justin Tuck from D Line saw them still dancing behind Chiefs line and called timeout to save a penalty right before ball was snapped. He told them both in the next huddle he was going to fight them both after the game, he was so mad!

Anybody watch end of Chiefs-Raiders game last night? Craziest thing I ever seen. Two Raider linebackers continuing their sack dance celebration 20 yards behind Chiefs line of scrimmage while Chiefs were lined up to snap ball. They had no clue a game was even going on. Justin Tuck from D Line saw them still dancing behind Chiefs line and called timeout to save a penalty right before ball was snapped. He told them both in the next huddle he was going to fight them both after the game, he was so mad!

That's why they lost 16 games in a row before last night.

That's why they lost 16 games in a row before last night.

One of the 2 offending idiots did have a good line to media though I seen. He said... "We have been coached to act like we have been here before. I proved obviously that I haven't been here before."

The Raiders.... I didn't have any money on that game and I figured it was going to be another blowout so I didn't watch it :facepalm:

I didn't see the game last night, as it was on the NFL TV channel (which I don't get OTA), but found a video of that play. That was nutty. Like those when the guy drops the ball in celebration, just before crossing the goal line, for what would have been a TD. :facepalm:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ation-saved-by-timely-time-out-052525332.html

It was worse than dropping the ball before the touchdown (which occurs with alarming frequency :facepalm:). Those two guys were totally oblivious to the fact that the offense was getting ready to run another play and that they would have been offsides. One guy realized and was running back to the defensive side but two guys were totally into themselves celebrating. Knuckleheads.

Last edited:
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and guess that they thought it was 4th down not 3rd down and thought the game was over...

or they were knuckleheads :p

I was surprised they moved the game from Buffalo. I have a friend who lives in Orchard Park and they got alot of snow but this is football after all and they have 3 days to clean up. Then I saw the video of the stadium and can see why they made the call. Ironically, it's supposed to be 50s on Sunday and 60 on Monday. And rain. Just what they need!

Video: Ralph Wilson Stadium Snow

Back
Top Bottom