Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #361
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I just got offered free box seats for Lambeau Field(Packers) for the Nov 16th game. Anyone ever been in a luxury box before?
Been to Lambeau several times, couple of times in a luxury box. A great experience, although my feeling is that sitting in the stadium seating tends to offer much more of the heart and soul of the game. Lambeau Box seats will not leave you disappointed though; quick in and out via the elevators, food and drink depends on the hosting party but usually generous, sheltered from the elements, good view of the playing field, no long restroom lines like for regular stadium goers, multiple TV screens to watch replays - kind of like sitting in someone else's living room with a dozen or so others enjoying the game.

Go Pack!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #362
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Worst 3 contracts in the NFL (no particular order)

Jay Cutler
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton

Old 11-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #363
Full time employment: Posting here.

Bears fan. Launch the whole front office. Draft a QB and sit Jay. Unfortunately, can't fire the owners. Whatever, am on to Bulls and Blackhawks and Cubs in the spring.

Y'all enjoy the thread and the rest of your seasons.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pine View Post
Bears fan. Launch the whole front office. Draft a QB and sit Jay. Unfortunately, can't fire the owners. Whatever, am on to Bulls and Blackhawks and Cubs in the spring.

Well said. It's obviously gotten to the point where they've thrown in the towel and they're just collecting their paychecks. I'm embarrassed to go out in public with a Bears cap on. But your'e right - Bulls and Hawks are on until June so we'll be ok. I'll take a pass on the Cubs though.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #365
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pine View Post

Remembering the good old days when it was just Good Rex, Bad Rex.

Now it's just Bad Jay, and well... Bad Jay
Old 11-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #366

Cutler's biggest problem is his attitude and lack of leadership skills, The QB position is one that requires leadership skills. Look at Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers. Their teams excel in part due to their leadership.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #367
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Remembering the good old days when it was just Good Rex, Bad Rex.

Now it's just Bad Jay, and well... Bad Jay

I continued to believe there was more upside to him, but it appears I'm wrong.... Guaranteed big contract? Check.... Hot wife? Check...Everything else? Whatever....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #368
Give me a forum ...

A part of me wanted a shutout and a score like 60-0. Hoping, that would've brought out the firing squad.

But now, the spin probably will be like "Look at the bright side, we got a kickoff return for a TD"
Old 11-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #369

The NFL has become an arena football league with the new rules they're enforcing with the illegal contact. With so many flags against defenders for barely touching an offensive players we're having 5 TD passes by Manning, 6 TD passes by Rogers in the first half game and scores in the 40's and 50's.

I am for player safety but these contacts hardly affect the safety of the players.

I guess offense brings money........I miss the low scoring tough defensive games of the past.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
The NFL has become an arena football league with the new rules they're enforcing with the illegal contact. With so many flags against defenders for barely touching an offensive players we're having 5 TD passes by Manning, 6 TD passes by Rogers in the first half game and scores in the 40's and 50's.

I am for player safety but these contacts hardly affect the safety of the players.

I guess offense brings money........I miss the low scoring tough defensive games of the past.
I understand you POV but I disagree. I feel that if a rule is being broken then there needs to be a penalty. The refs(league) have been too lax on enforcing the rules for too long. I think there are more things that could be called. One in particular that i've always hated is when a player jumps on a downed player for no reason. Or when someone scores a touchdown and then is leveled by a defender well after the play is over. It happens all the time and is rarely flagged for unnecessary roughness.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #371
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
The NFL has become an arena football league ...
+2.

I miss the days when defenses weren't afraid to tackle.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #372

Quote:
I miss the days when defenses weren't afraid to tackle.
They have barely "tackled" for years. Well, yes, the defensive line and many linebackers did, but the DBs don't often tackle, they launch themselves like missiles (head or shoulders first) and try to knock down the runner like a bowling pin.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I understand you POV but I disagree. I feel that if a rule is being broken then there needs to be a penalty. The refs(league) have been too lax on enforcing the rules for too long. I think there are more things that could be called. One in particular that i've always hated is when a player jumps on a downed player for no reason. Or when someone scores a touchdown and then is leveled by a defender well after the play is over. It happens all the time and is rarely flagged for unnecessary roughness.
My point is that the illegal contact rule needs to change and not the enforcement.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #374

NFL Power Rankings: Week #11
  1. NE
  2. ARZ
  3. DEN
  4. PHI
  5. DAL
  6. IND
  7. SEA
  8. DET
  9. GB
  10. KC...
Old 11-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #375

These are sad days for Bears fans, past great Bears players, George Halas......the list goes on. This proud blue collar town where the Monsters of the Midway used to play. Where the 1963 Champion Bears beat the Giants to the 1986 Bears that demolished the Boston Patriots were predicated on defense and bring your A game guts and blood type player......These sissies flat out quit after they got down early and the Packers were on the sideline laughing....If someone pops you in the mouth and you taste blood, what is your response......I can go on but I don't want to get kicked off by the Mods....BEAR FANS WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #376

Quote:
A part of me wanted a shutout and a score like 60-0. Hoping, that would've brought out the firing squad.

But now, the spin probably will be like "Look at the bright side, we got a kickoff return for a TD"
Bears town my ass.....this is a Blackhawks town
Old 11-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Cutler's biggest problem is his attitude and lack of leadership skills, The QB position is one that requires leadership skills. Look at Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers. Their teams excel in part due to their leadership.
Cutler is a problem but this defense would be hard pressed to stop a high school team from scoring at will.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #378
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
Cutler is a problem but this defense would be hard pressed to stop a high school team from scoring at will.
I say the # 1 prob is Tucker. He should have been fired last year. #2 is Cutler. No more excuses..same mistakes over and over. #3 Trestman -- he's more stubborn than Lovie in some ways.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:40 AM   #379

Quote:
... bring your A game guts and blood type player......These sissies flat out quit after they got down early and the Packers were on the sideline laughing....If someone pops you in the mouth and you taste blood, what is your response......I can go on but I don't want to get kicked off by the Mods....

Ah, yes. This should toughen the Bears up. Leading by example is a great teaching method.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #380

Quote:
These are sad days for Bears fans, past great Bears players, George Halas......the list goes on. This proud blue collar town where the Monsters of the Midway used to play. Where the 1963 Champion Bears beat the Giants to the 1986 Bears that demolished the Boston Patriots were predicated on defense and bring your A game guts and blood type player......These sissies flat out quit after they got down early and the Packers were on the sideline laughing....If someone pops you in the mouth and you taste blood, what is your response......I can go on but I don't want to get kicked off by the Mods....BEAR FANS WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!!!
The demise of the Bears is very disappointing. Fans are burning their jerseys. I saw Dan Hampton going nuts in an interview. I think they need an entirely new coaching staff. These coaches do not have the players ready for the game. And yes- the players are sissies.

Quote:
Bears town my ass.....this is a Blackhawks town
Yep - the Blackhawks have far more emotion and will to win than the Bears. Chicago sports fans identify themselves more through the hard working Blackhawks than Bears