Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #701
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
Ndamukong Suh is a piece of garbage who should've been kicked out of the league in 2011. He is habitually dirty and the league doesn't do enough to put an end to it. He makes me sick.
+1 he's a totally classless buffoon. POS.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2014, 06:10 AM   #702
Give me a forum ...

I just heard on the news that Suh is suspended for the Lions first playoff game. A good first step. How about the rest of the season and next season too?

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:36 AM   #703
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I just heard on the news that Suh is suspended for the Lions first playoff game. A good first step. How about the rest of the season and next season too?
+1. And the team should be fined for all of these altercations. Then maybe the coach/owners will start cracking down on bad behavior.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #704
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Ndamukong Suh is a piece of garbage who should've been kicked out of the league in 2011. He is habitually dirty and the league doesn't do enough to put an end to it. He makes me sick.
And one of the most highly paid players!

The NFL & owners are all about the money period. Nothing else gets their attention unless it impacts their revenue/profits. It would be nice if they ever did anything proactive for the game...

...and get off my lawn.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #705
Give me a forum ...

For those who didn't see Suh stepping on Rodgers ankle.

Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #706
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

This is an interesting, especially the map, which is incomplete https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_10...LIHPw/viewform

and the most hated teams list http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...teams-the-most

EDIT this is a better link for the hated teams http://imgur.com/a/BA1V5

"We live the lives we lead because of the thoughts we think" ...Michael O’Neill
"We can cannot compel others to do our will" ....Norman Goldman
"There never is shortage of the gullible to accept the illogical"...Anonymous
timo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #707
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post

The NFL & owners are all about the money period. Nothing else gets their attention unless it impacts their revenue/profits. It would be nice if they ever did anything proactive for the game...

...and get off my lawn.
From what i've read it seems like he's going to continue to be one of the highest paid players in the league. He will be a free agent after this season and analysts think he will create a bidding war with the result being Suh getting the biggest contract for a defensive player topping JJ Watt's. I don't get it.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #708
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I think he should've been placed on probation through the end of next season. If he does anything like this in the next 12 months he's gone from the league. I don't understand why the league won't go any further than a fine that means almost nothing to Suh or a 1 game suspension.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post

+1

It always makes me laugh when I hear a person deride a particular NFL owner as being bad, etc. IMO All of the NFL owners are in a special class of promoters and swindlers.

"We live the lives we lead because of the thoughts we think" ...Michael O’Neill
"We can cannot compel others to do our will" ....Norman Goldman
"There never is shortage of the gullible to accept the illogical"...Anonymous
timo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:33 AM   #710

Not to be an apologist for Suh, but I think he was merely doing his end-of-the-year rebalancing.

(Actually, I think he should be suspended for the next six games).
Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #711
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I think he should've been placed on probation through the end of next season. If he does anything like this in the next 12 months he's gone from the league. I don't understand why the league won't go any further than a fine that means almost nothing to Suh or a 1 game suspension.

I am not excusing his behavior and agree with you, but as a side bar, you are probably a lot younger than I am I assume. You should have watched how they played in the 1970s. Now they made that stuff G rated. Two of the most interesting plane rides I have ever taken involved sitting next to a former NFL lineman and another with a former NFL head coach. The stories they loved sharing with me from the 70s! The stuff considered dirty today was "how they played the game" back then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #712
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
I am not excusing his behavior and agree with you, but as a side bar, you are probably a lot younger than I am I assume. You should have watched how they played in the 1970s. Now they made that stuff G rated. Two of the most interesting plane rides I have ever taken involved sitting next to a former NFL lineman and another with a former NFL head coach. The stories they loved sharing with me from the 70s! The stuff considered dirty today was "how they played the game" back then.

I'm aware that the league has cracked down on dangerous activity but I think they need to go further. It should never be a players objective to injure another player. A defensive player should try to stop the offensive player as fast as possible. That's all. There's no need to take their head off or try to break their leg or hit them after the whistle.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #713
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I recall reading Jerry Kramer's "Instant Replay" his diary of the Packers '67 season. Remember the "Ice Bowl", SB II year? He did write about some dirty things players did. Also recall him describe getting ready each week for the next opponent, there was lots of mental dislike used in preparation for that next team.

However the games changed, rules changed. I think for the better. Suh will go up against Karma. That will be a match up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #714
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm aware that the league has cracked down on dangerous activity but I think they need to go further. It should never be a players objective to injure another player. A defensive player should try to stop the offensive player as fast as possible. That's all. There's no need to take their head off or try to break their leg or hit them after the whistle.

They also have an economic reason to also, as the players are now "investments". Most were piece of meats back in 70s and the things they had to do while injured to avoid being cut to stay on the team were unbelievable. I guess things are slowly getting better as testicle biting and punching don't seem to be mentioned anymore.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #715
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
That's a very valid point, there's no question our perspectives have changed. But I also agree they need to crack down further, if for no other reason than the head injury horror stories of former NFL players...

Makes one wonder why boxing/extreme fighting etc are still sanctioned sports at all.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #716
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
They also have an economic reason to also, as the players are now "investments". Most were piece of meats back in 70s and the things they had to do while injured to avoid being cut to stay on the team were unbelievable. I guess things are slowly getting better as testicle biting and punching don't seem to be mentioned anymore.

As recently as just a few years ago i've heard about people getting grabbed or punched in the groin when in a pile. There is still too much dirty play through out the league. Most players just aren't as blatant about it like Suh.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #717
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
As recently as just a few years ago i've heard about people getting grabbed or punched in the groin when in a pile. There is still too much dirty play through out the league. Most players just aren't as blatant about it like Suh.

The irony of Suh, is from what I have read, off the field he is a great guy. Usually it seems the jerks on the field are the jerks off the field.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #718
Moderator Emeritus

I played a round of golf with Dick Butkus who was in my foursome several years ago. We were paired in a cart together (since he could barely walk anymore). The things he told me he (and other linebackers) did back in the day make the "events" of today trivial in physical human damage.

He did say the cameras and instant replays are more telling today and that if they were like that back when he played, he and others would have faced dire consequences for their field antics. BTW, he is quite a nice guy and fun to be with in person.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #719
Recycles dryer sheets

Cool story Aja... reminds me of my encounter with O.J. Simpson on a golf course in Mexico - a mere 3 months before he went on his murderous rampage. He was very nice and charming - he was retired from playing, but was still quite a physical specimen.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #720
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
+1 he's a totally classless buffoon. POS.
But what do you really think?