Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #841
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
I am OK with any out come provided the Pats go down
Made a slight adjustment. I despise Belichick
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #842
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Patriots over Ravens

Seattle over Panthers

Broncos over Colts

Packers over Cowboys (cold in green Bay)

I'm generally wrong on sports picks...so we'll see.
I want another Ice Bowl! The other 3 games aren't as important(to me) but GB over Dallas is. Need to go set up DVR now.

I hope you got that one right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #843
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Me too. I don't really have anything personal against Tom Brady, and in a way I grudgingly respect him, his commitment to winning and not being a big jerk off the field, but I get tired of the media prostration over The Great One. I also get tired of him acting like he was shot when a defensive player gets within two yards of him after he releases a pass. This is the NFL, not the Oscars, Tom.

But Belichick? No, if the Pats are the Evil Empire, he is Darth Vader.

I'd also add that a decade of ridiculous success (after decades of mostly disappointment apart from the Celtics) have soured me on a lot of Boston fans.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
I want another Ice Bowl! The other 3 games aren't as important(to me) but GB over Dallas is. Need to go set up DVR now.

I hope you got that one right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
What is the latest on Rodgers' calf? I didn't get the last hourly update
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #845

Quote:
You're entitled of your opinion but he's a winning coach and we would like to keep him.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #846

I don't want to see the Ravens get past this round. Kind of nostalgic for Manning and Brady. Would just like to see some good games.
6miths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
You're entitled of your opinion but he's a winning coach and we would like to keep him.
A hall of fame QB makes lots of coaches look good. Lets see if hes a winning coach when Brady is gone.

He's 41-55 in his coaching career before Brady took over the starting job for the Pats. Not exactly a winning coach. Not to mention hes a cheater.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #848
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
This should be an interesting 4 games this weekend. My money (so to speak ) is on the Patriots and Seahawks and especially on the Broncos and Cowboys this weekend.

Of most interest to me is the Cowboys VS Packers game. I think the Cowboys haven't lost on the road this year, unfortunately the Packers haven't lost at home this year either. Both teams have 12-4 regular season records. Something has to give. I think the Packers clearly have the advantage. Rodgers is amazing, they have the home field advantage and have had an extra week of rest but I still would like to see the Cowboys win.

Anyone else care to make their picks known before the games start?

Good luck on the picks, Car Guy. I always bow out after wildcard. Betting pollutes my interest level. After cashing in my season long bets winnings, and my annual wild card weekend in Vegas I'm done with a profit for the year. Only game I will watch is the Cowboys. Now it's time focus on my $1500 season long NHL point total bets of Calgary 72 over and Maple Leafs 87 over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #849

Quote:
A hall of fame QB makes lots of coaches look good. Lets see if hes a winning coach when Brady is gone.

He's 41-55 in his coaching career before Brady took over the starting job for the Pats. Not exactly a winning coach. Not to mention hes a cheater.
He passed Curley Lambeau for third place. Made it to 5 Superbowls and will be a first ballot hall of fame coach. He also won 11 games with Matt Cassel as his QB the year Brady was injured in the first quarter of the first game and as good as Brady is he will win with another QB.

Having been a PATS fan for 40 years and lived through so many losing seasons until Parcells brought some respectability but no SB I wouldn't want any other coach than BB.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
...I'm picking...

Pats over Ravens

Colts over Broncos

Seahawks over Panthers

Packers over Cowboys...
I'm picking the same as easysurfer.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #851
Recycles dryer sheets

The Boys and the Pack should be the best game depending on how banged up Rogers really is. If he's healthy it should be a shootout, if not I don't see that the Packers D can consistently stop Murray and Bryant.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #852
Give me a forum ...

Seattle over Panthers

Colts over Broncos

Ravens over Patriots

Packers over Cowboys.

I also thought gasoline prices would be nearer to $5 a gallon by the end of last year.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #853
Give me a forum ...

I'll go with...all the bye teams.

Pats over Ravens

Broncos over Colts

Seahawks over Panthers

Packers over Cowboys...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:19 PM   #854
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Good luck on the picks, Car Guy. I always bow out after wildcard. Betting pollutes my interest level. After cashing in my season long bets winnings, and my annual wild card weekend in Vegas I'm done with a profit for the year. Only game I will watch is the Cowboys. Now it's time focus on my $1500 season long NHL point total bets of Calgary 72 over and Maple Leafs 87 over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, I may need it.

As I mentioned before, I'm a Cowboys fan and really hope they beat Green Bay but it's probably going to be a tough one. Hopefully its good game and isn't decided or tainted by poor officiating.

Congratulations on the profits for the year and good luck on your NHL bets.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #855
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If they don't win this year, you're going to be waiting a very long time. This is Brady's last hurrah and once hes gone it could easily be 10+ years before they find another franchise QB. Its the hardest thing to do in pro sports. There are very few to go around
No way. Brady is still in his prime (albeit over the hump) so I don't see him going anywhere or retiring anytime in the next few years. He'll continue to play as long as he thinks they can win. Super competitive guy who likes to win.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #856

I didn't mean to say Brady will retire next year. Only that the window is closing rapidly.

He was ranked 21st in yards per attempt this year. He cant throw deep anymore.
Combine that with the fact that he was ranked 14th in completion percentage (which should be much higher when you aren't throwing deep very often). Those aren't "in his prime" numbers anymore. He still finds the open guy most every time and makes very few mistakes which makes him better than most QBs but his physical skills are fading quickly.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #857
Give me a forum ...

Frankly, I hope both PM and TB retire in the next year or two. Take your rings, records, and money, and get off the field while you can still motor under your own power.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #858

Honestly I can't believe that PM is still playing, let alone at the level he is, given all he has been through. Before and for months after his neck surgery he looked like a robot with his neck totally immobilized. It amazes me that he risked very serious injury in the first place and that he has stood up to the punishment since his return.
6miths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #859
Dryer sheet aficionado

GO HAWKS!
Trix55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #860

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6miths View Post
Honestly I can't believe that PM is still playing, let alone at the level he is, given all he has been through. Before and for months after his neck surgery he looked like a robot with his neck totally immobilized. It amazes me that he risked very serious injury in the first place and that he has stood up to the punishment since his return.
In interviews when he first got to Denver, he said he asked the doctors if there was any additional risk to his continued playing. They told him his neck was stronger now than before all the surgery. He has taken quite a few hits and they don't seem to bother him any more than they would another QB.
Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote