Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #861
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

It's a good thing I don't bet

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #862
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Now this is what I'm talking about in a playoff game. Trick play to make it 28-28. Two 14 point deficits made up. Yeah baby!

Old 01-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #863
Give me a forum ...

Pats were lucky to win that. They'll have to play better on both sides of the ball to keep their season alive.

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #864

Yes lucky. Sometimes that is what it takes. Coming back twice from 14 points down is huge as well as the deflation of the turnover and touchdown just before the half. Happy to see the Ravens out but a gritty performance and you have to like Harbaugh's strategising right down to the end.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #865

I was really happy to see some unsportsmanlike conduct calls made by the refs. Players spend too much of the game posturing and running their mouths. Those calls took control and got the players to play football. It was a good game and the officials did a fine job.
My bet on the Ravens beat the spread. Yea!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #866

Not a Ravens fan but they made me very sad today. Can't stand the Brady-Belichick Patriots.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:00 PM   #867

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeyy_joe View Post
I was really happy to see some unsportsmanlike conduct calls made by the refs. Players spend too much of the game posturing and running their mouths. Those calls took control and got the players to play football. It was a good game and the officials did a fine job.
My bet on the Ravens beat the spread. Yea!
Agree, it was a good and exciting game although I was surprised the final score was as close as it was.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #868

Ravens played very good but the Great Brady single handedly won the game and now holds the all time record in most playoff wins with 19 and broke Montana record for most playoff TD with 46.

Bring on the Broncos or the Colts. Go PATS
Old 01-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #869

Yep. Single handedly. Brady threw the ball and caught the ball. One of his passes even bounced off of Edelmans hands all the way down field into Amendola's hands. I'm sure Brady would've caught that TD also if Amendola hadn't gotten into his way. He also intercepted Flacco twice while sitting on the bench. Brady is a freak!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #870
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Frankly, I hope both PM and TB retire in the next year or two. Take your rings, records, and money, and get off the field while you can still motor under your own power.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

I read an interesting article in SI about Brady. Retirement is not in his plans at all. He has basically a full time "business" devoted to his training and lifestyle. He is very serious when he says he plans to play until he is 45. Whether he can or not Father Time will decide. I remember George Blanda waddling out onto the field in his late 40s to try and bail out Daryle Lamonica when I was a young un. One thing is sure he has a better fitness training regimen than Blanda had. I'm sure this was a part ego comment, but John Elway said last year physically he could still play the position, but the body just can't handle being hit anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 PM   #871
Moderator Emeritus

I'm 2 for 2 today and that is a first for me. Now I just jinxed the rest of my prediction.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:43 AM   #872
Give me a forum ...

Not surprised to see Seattle take apart Carolina. Good O and better D, I'm indifferent on Seattle, but when they're on - wow. Shocking what they did to the Broncos last SB.

I'm 2 for 2 too, but I picked all 4 favs, how hard is that. Still picking GB and Denver, we'll see. I don't root against anyone, bad form IMHO.

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:47 AM   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Yep. Single handedly. Brady threw the ball and caught the ball. One of his passes even bounced off of Edelmans hands all the way down field into Amendola's hands. I'm sure Brady would've caught that TD also if Amendola hadn't gotten into his way. He also intercepted Flacco twice while sitting on the bench. Brady is a freak!
Well I meant to say almost single handedly. He completed 67% of his passes threw for 3 TDs and ran for a fourth on a day when the running game produced 14 yards and the Ravens knew he would be throwing on every down. Clutch.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #874

Brady did have a great game. The Pats had a great game plan. Balt cant stop the pass and the Pats threw the ball 51 times and only ran it 13 times. I dont think they ran it a single time in the second half.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #875
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Pats were lucky to win that. They'll have to play better on both sides of the ball to keep their season alive.
+1 They eked out a good win to advance but were not particularly impressive on either side of the ball.
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
+1 They eked out a good win to advance but were not particularly impressive on either side of the ball.
The defense was not impressive at all especially in the first half when the Ravens drove up and down the field. The offense on the other hand with the exception of the Brady's interception was good and scored 35 points.

I think they will do fine against either the Colts or the Broncos both of whom they defeated soundly early in the season but if they make it to the Superbowl they will have a tough time beating a Seattle or a Green bay team if the defense does not improve.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #877
Recycles dryer sheets

• Onions diced and ready (check)
  • Chipotle dip prepared (check)
  • Bratwurst marinating in Vanilla Stout (check)
  • Charcoal grill ready to light (check)
Will soon be sitting back and watching the Packers show the Cowboys how a roundup really works.

This posting neither advice to purchase or sell stock in the Green Bay Packers. Thesues does have a position in the stock mentioned.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
  • Onions diced and ready (check)
  • Chipotle dip prepared (check)
  • Bratwurst marinating in Vanilla Stout (check)
  • Charcoal grill ready to light (check)
Will soon be sitting back and watching the Packers show the Cowboys how a roundup really works.

This posting neither advice to purchase or sell stock in the Green Bay Packers. Thesues does have a position in the stock mentioned.

Awesome! What time should I come over?
Old 01-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #879
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Awesome! What time should I come over?
Firing up the grill in about an hour...
Old 01-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
Firing up the grill in about an hour...
I'm already in Wisconsin so I should be able to get there fast.