NFL: 2014 Season

Hard to believe that ending. I wonder how the Pats manipulated things to get to that?

I cannot believe that boneheaded call. With the best runningback in the league in your backfield too. WTF was the offensive coordinator thinking?

WADR, the kid who intercepted the pass on the goal line should have been the MVP rather than Brady.

Last edited:
I would have given the MVP to Edelman though...

The best defense in the league lost to the best offense.

After Kearse's juggling catch at the 5 yard line I was thinking no not again is this another David Tyre catch that cost the Pats their fourth Superbowl. But then came the biggest bonehead play that I've ever seen......

Last edited:
Me too. It is funny how the Patriot players exuded confidence in their team in the post game interviews. I can't believe that no one said - OMG, I thought we were toast!

Me too. It is funny how the Patriot players exuded confidence in their team in the post game interviews. I can't believe that no one said - OMG, I thought we were toast!

Either team could have said that, given the fortuitous bounce the football took for Seattle to get them to where they could blow the game.

Lots of playoff 'karma' this year. The Lions got robbed losing to the Cowboys, then the Cowboys arguably got robbed losing to Green Bay. Then the Packers give Seattle the NFC game, then Seattle gives the Super Bowl to the Pats. Any given Sunday...

The video of Brady jumping up and down on the sideline like a little kid after the interception at the end was neat.

The video of Richard Sherman grimacing after seeing the interception at the end was PRICELESS.

I cannot believe that boneheaded call. With the best runningback in the league in your backfield too. WTF was the offensive coordinator thinking?
I don't disagree, but Wilson shouldn't have risked a "boneheaded" throw like that with two (running) downs and a timeout left. Incomplete pass on 2nd down, clock stops, two chances to run it one yard for the win. There's blame to go around?

Last edited:
I find it hard to blame Wilson. The sideline called the play, he threw it but the DB jumped the route.

I have to admit wondering what a more experienced QB like Brady might have done in the same situation and if he might have audibled a different play and take his chances with the POd offensive coordinator.

I find it hard to blame Wilson. The sideline called the play, he threw it but the DB jumped the route.

I have to admit wondering what a more experienced QB like Brady might have done in the same situation and if he might have audibled a different play and take his chances with the POd offensive coordinator.
I am not blaming Wilson alone.

You're making my point? Wilson is young but he's already great IMO. A great QB doesn't make a throw like that no matter what play the coach or OC calls. On 2nd down (two more plays left to go 1 yard), a great QB throws it away faced with that situation, and the coach and OC would expect him to throw it away.

Hats off to all the Seahawks, in post game press, none of them are blaming each other and Carroll and Wilson are taking the blame head on.

I am glad the Pats won, but the Seahawks are undeniably a great team, especially on defense.

Last edited:
The Story's Not Over

Congratulations, Patriot fans.

Wow, what a game! (I hear this morning that it was the most tweeted and most-watched TV event in history! The 12s grow seemingly with every game.) The Seahawks missed it by "that much." One single play. Hey! Every member of the team can fumble the ball once in a awhile, even the coaches.

But what a wild roller-coaster ride this season. I am so proud of the Seahawks. We Seahawk fans who follow this cast of characters closely love 'em.

The result of SB49 was only the cliff-hanger end of another entertaining chapter in this young team's story, which is not yet over. That was only like the end of Season 2 or 3 of Breaking Bad.

Winning back-to-back SBs then losing the third isn't as good a story as winning one in Act I, losing the second by one heartbreaking play in Act II, then coming back to do what in the final act? That's a much more interesting story. What will the next chapter of this fascinating story bring? I can't predict. But I am already looking forward to next season!

Thank you, Seahawks!

Congratulations, Patriot fans.

Wow, what a game! (I hear this morning that it was the most tweeted and most-watched TV event in history! The 12s grow seemingly with every game.) The Seahawks missed it by "that much." One single play. Hey! Every member of the team can fumble the ball once in a awhile, even the coaches.

But what a wild roller-coaster ride this season. I am so proud of the Seahawks. We Seahawk fans who follow this cast of characters closely love 'em.

The result of SB49 was only the cliff-hanger end of another entertaining chapter in this young team's story, which is not yet over. That was only like the end of Season 2 or 3 of Breaking Bad.

Winning back-to-back SBs then losing the third isn't as good a story as winning one in Act I, losing the second by one heartbreaking play in Act II, then coming back to do what in the final act? That's a much more interesting story. What will the next chapter of this fascinating story bring? I can't predict. But I am already looking forward to next season!

Thank you, Seahawks!

Thank you for being a good and gracious sport. It was a great game and probably one of the most exciting ever.

Hopefully our two teams meet again next year as I'm sure it would make for an entertaining and exciting game for sure.

Lots of playoff 'karma' this year. The Lions got robbed losing to the Cowboys, then the Cowboys arguably got robbed losing to Green Bay. Then the Packers give Seattle the NFC game, then Seattle gives the Super Bowl to the Pats. Any given Sunday...

+1

I was thinking the very same thing. Heartbreak Cities.

Wilson is a very talented QB but still young. Another year's experience will make him that more formidable. We'll see what happens. The Seahawks are up against a salary cap that may cause some unwanted changes.

OTOH, given how well some of these no-name, un-drafted guys play.......:D

The Seahawks are up against a salary cap that may cause some unwanted changes.
It's too bad, but it has to be that way, from what I read Wilson and Lynch could both be problems. I don't know much about Lynch, but it wouldn't surprise me if Wilson goes a little easy on the Seahawks (like Michael Jordan did with the Bulls for so long, made a lot on endorsements, Wilson has already started down the endorsement path - nothing wrong with that). The Seahawks appeared to have the beginnings of a dynasty. Who knows, they may still after all the $ shakes out.

Last edited:
Wilson can go a little easy on Seattle and still break their salary cap. He was the lowest starting QB in the league this season and made less than $1 million this season. He will probably get a 10x-15x raise.

The Seahawks appeared to have the beginnings of a dynasty. Who knows, they may still after all the $ shakes out.

I don't know about a dynasty, but it's nice to have a local owner.

Now only if we could get our 'gubmint' to stop drooling on his shoes while they lick them clean. But, I guess most of the do that except for the Packers.

Win or lose, the best play of the game was Kearse's catch at the goal line. Maybe it wasn't the most important play of the game, but it was the best play. IMHO. :D

This young Seahawks team is making history. And we are only in the beginning chapters of their ultimate story. From a Tweet a bit ago:

Attachments

• Greater is Coming.JPG
    Greater is Coming.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
As I've said in earlier posts, I didn't really care for either team in the SB this year but I really don't like the Seahawks so I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I must admit, those were evenly matched teams and it made for a good game. It reminded me of tug-of-war.

Monday morning quarterbacking is easy, but I'll never understand why (I've read the stores of why) Wilson threw that last pass. :nonono: I mean they have Marshawn Lynch and should have been able to easily run it in in a couple of tries with the few feet they had to go. Come-on-man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom