Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #1321
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbach View Post
Will probably lose a 6th round compensatory pick. There THAT will show them.
Last time, the Pats were fined $500,000. Belicheck was fined $250,000, and their first round pick was taken away. This time it should be worse. Of course they already waited until the draft was over so at worst, if they lose a pick it will be next year.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #1322

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Last time, the Pats were fined $500,000. Belicheck was fined $250,000, and their first round pick was taken away. This time it should be worse. Of course they already waited until the draft was over so at worst, if they lose a pick it will be next year.
The transcript I just read implies that McNally (guy who deflated/inflated the balls) had some gripe against Brady and was trying to hurt Brady's passing stats to get even.

Belichik was exonerated. It claims that Brady was 'generally aware' of soft balls but that could mean "hmmm, nice and soft" rather than a conspiracy; sounds like just the opposite.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #1323
Recycles dryer sheets

As a big Steelers fan, I believe this merits a one game suspension for Brady.

As a comedy fan, I want to see more emails between the Patriot equipment team about Brady, pure comedy gold.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #1324

What an investigation........More probable than not but not conclusive. Typical NFL investigation.

Meanwhile they still won the SB with properly inflated footballs and Brady was the MVP. They will continue to win and Brady will be the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time)....
Old 05-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
What an investigation........More probable than not but not conclusive. Typical NFL investigation.

Meanwhile they still won the SB with properly inflated footballs and Brady was the MVP. They will continue to win and Brady will be the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time)....
"More probable than not", Brady will wear ring #5.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #1326
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Football still months away.

Been too busy in excitement (cough...notice the sarcasm ) of A-Rod tying Willie Mays in career home runs.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #1327

Las Vegas has taken the Pittsburgh / NE game off the board for betting. That tells me there may be a pending suspension of at least one game for Brady. Seems only fitting considering the NFL scheduled that game knowing that they just suspended Le'Veon Bell for 3 games when they could've easily scheduled that big game for later in the season.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #1328
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Football still months away.

Been too busy in excitement (cough...notice the sarcasm ) of A-Rod tying Willie Mays in career home runs.

Sacrilege! A-Rod is no Willie Mays...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:48 PM   #1329
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Sacrilege! A-Rod is no Willie Mays...
No way am I saying A-Rod is better than Willie Mays!

My sarcasm is following the news of cheater A-Rod over the story of deflategate
Old 05-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #1330

So proud of the NFL.
According to the report, there's a "probable more than not probable" reason to believe that Brady had some general knowledge about maybe something could be possibly not quite according to the rules.

I suspect that there is a 90% chance of a 10% chance that Brady could possibly perhaps or maybe be fined or suspended or not at all for maybe knowing or not knowing that there could be a likely or not likely violation or perhaps poor interpretation or lack of full understanding of how to inflate or deflate game balls.

This is perhaps or at least very likely a possible outrage! Maybe.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:09 AM   #1331
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
So proud of the NFL.
According to the report, there's a "probable more than not probable" reason to believe that Brady had some general knowledge about maybe something could be possibly not quite according to the rules.

I suspect that there is a 90% chance of a 10% chance that Brady could possibly perhaps or maybe be fined or suspended or not at all for maybe knowing or not knowing that there could be a likely or not likely violation or perhaps poor interpretation or lack of full understanding of how to inflate or deflate game balls.

This is perhaps or at least very likely a possible outrage! Maybe.

I only have heard a few reports on this.... so what do I really know

But, from what they say, Brady refused to cooperate with the investigation so they were not able to 'prove' that he was involved.... I think that is why they are using the wishy-washy language...

I still think that he WILL get punished.... just do not know how much... some on TV have commented that the rest of the NFL is looking since this is the second time NE has been caught cheating.... and if they go easy then why not do it themselves.... if that is the case, the NFL should go hard.... say a 4 game suspension (with loss of pay) and $1 mill fine for Brady and lose one or two first round draft choices along with a much larger fine for NE.... heck, I think it should be in the $10 mill range (or even higher)... this is not their first offense.... and the people who were involved with the first are also involved with this one....
Old 05-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #1332
Give me a forum ...

What did Brady say when asked if he is a cheater? Something like "I don't think so."

My prediction (not worth much, I know ), is that Brady will deny deny deny, then a few years after his retirement write a book about the details .
Old 05-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
the NFL should go hard.... say a 4 game suspension (with loss of pay) and $1 mill fine for Brady and lose one or two first round draft choices along with a much larger fine for NE.... ...
So, the NFL should go harder on this than they did on those other guys who beat women and children? This is the NFL, not a court of law!!
Old 05-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #1334
Give me a forum ...

CBS This Morning has a discussion on deflate gate.

Next steps for Patriots and NFL in "deflategate" fallout - Videos - CBS News

I'm mixed as far as what punishment, if any should be handed down.

On one had, there's more "evidence" than bounty gate and for that Sean Payton got suspended for the year. On the other hand, the doctoring is similar to throwing a spitball in baseball to get an edge, which is a violation, but not that severe a punishment.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #1335
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
So, the NFL should go harder on this than they did on those other guys who beat women and children? This is the NFL, not a court of law!!
I've been wondering that same question. I have mixed feelings.

🐑
Old 05-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #1336
Give me a forum ...

The deflated ball cheat would not have made a difference in the playoff game the Pats won. But... had the winning difference been only 2 or 3 points, a case could be made that the Pats won because they cheated.

If fans refused to pay good $$'s to watch woman beaters play, that would end very, very soon. Same goes for cheaters.

You get the behavior you tolerate.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #1337
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It is not a court of law... but the NFL has rules to play by... and NE broke those rules... and this is the second time they were caught... who knows what else they have done and not been caught....

We can get into the weeds with the domestic violence problem.... but to me that should not be the concern of the NFL... some are found 'guilty' even if they were not found guilty in a court of law... but the politics and protests have been such that they did change their way... I heard that one player was banned for 10 games for domestic violence... so they are now coming down hard on them... and didn't Adrian Peterson banned for a full season Does not sound like a light sentence.... sure, Rice was handled under the old rules, but they have changed...
Old 05-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #1338

More probable than not?" "Generally knew"?
Good thing this is being tried only in the court of public opinion and not an actual legal proceeding. This would get laughed out of Judge Judy's forum.

BTW I don't blame Brady for not giving his cell phone to the leaky NFL security..........
Old 05-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
More probable than not?" "Generally knew"?
Good thing this is being tried only in the court of public opinion and not an actual legal proceeding. This would get laughed out of Judge Judy's forum.

BTW I don't blame Brady for not giving his cell phone to the leaky NFL security..........
You wouldn't blame Brady or anyone connected to the Pats, not matter what they did. You've made it pretty clear you are a diehard Pats fan. Any impartial person can clearly see that Brady lied and had some involvement or knowledge of the deflated balls.

I hate the Spurs because they always beat my Mavs, but I respect the Spurs. They are a great team and play with class. I hate the Pats and have no respect for them at all. They have been caught cheating multiple times which means they have most likely cheated many more times and not been caught.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:49 PM   #1340

Quote:
Personally I think the NFL should stay out of out the field issues that have nothing to do with football. How many professions are there where people are punished at work for domestic violence or other non work related issues?