NFL: 2014 Season

Drats! Despite chronic poor time management skills (this ain't the first game this season when SF has squandered its time-outs or been penalized for "delay of game") and other things, the 49ers won. But just barely.

Hey?! Those Chargers are on a hot streak, huh?

Hard to believe it but the Texans won "again" on Sunday and JJ Watt was amazing, again. This time he intercepted a Buffalo pass and then ran it back 80 yards for a touchdown. Can't believe that someone on the Bills couldn't catch him. Not too bad for a 6' 5'' defensive guy that weighs in at almost 300 pounds.

Last edited:
Who Dat? Dem Dallas Cowboys. Best played Cowboys game I have seen in a very long time.

Going to have to eat this one. We decided to go to this game late. They are now 2-2. We have been to both defeats, is there a pattern here?
Yeah, Jack, the pattern is no defense. Actually the defense wasn't too bad last two weeks but injuries caught up with them in this one. Also GB just has their number and I am getting sick of losing to these guys. At some point they are going to have win some of these games to get to where they want to be.

Hard to believe it but the Texans won "again" on Sunday and JJ Watt was amazing, again. This time he intercepted a Buffalo pass and then ran it back 80 yards for a touchdown. Can't believe that someone on the Bills couldn't catch him. Not too bad for a 6' 5'' defensive guy that weighs in at almost 300 pounds.

If someone on the Bills caught him, what would they do with him?

....As for the coin flip in the rematch, I am one of those who has long believed that each team should get at least one possession in OT. If a team scores in any way in OT, then the opposing team gets a series of downs to try to score or it's all over.

+1 If the team winning the flip scores a TD then the opponent gets a kickoff and can extend the game if they score a TD. Similarly if the team winning the flip scores a FG then the opponent gets a kickoff and ties if they score a FG or win if they score a TD.

+1 If the team winning the flip scores a TD then the opponent gets a kickoff and can extend the game if they score a TD. Similarly if the team winning the flip scores a FG then the opponent gets a kickoff and ties if they score a FG or win if they score a TD.
Exactly! What's Roger Goodell's email address?

Vikings are imploding in tonight's game (28-0), and it ain't even half-time yet. :facepalm:

Maybe Chicago isn't so bad after all as the Vikings got wiped by the Packers by a bigger score. Of course, the Vikings are with their 3rd QB.

The Houston Texans take on the Dallas Cowboys tomorrow. A lot of mixed emotions on this one, especially for many that live in Texas. Both have 3 and 1 records at this time. Since I live about half way between Houston and Dallas I'm not sure who to "root for." :confused:

I just wish the NFL and NASCAR would get together and adjust their schedules so their games and race times don't conflict. I would record one on my DVR and watch it later but I like to watch football and racing in real time. I almost spilled my beer a couple of times reaching for the remote to switch between channels. Ah, the hazards of spectators sports.

Last edited:
I just wish the NFL and NASCAR would get together and adjust their schedules so their games and race times don't conflict. I would record one on my DVR and watch it later but I like to watch football and racing in real time. I almost spilled my beer a couple of times reaching for the remote to switch between channels. Ah, the hazards of spectators sports.

You need picture in picture on your tv set. Go Cowboys!

I find that some Bears games are more palatable if I watch them dvr'd. The packers game last week is a perfect example. After they get down by 2 touchdowns, I fast forward through the rest of the game hoping that the Bears catch up. If they do, I watch the rest at regular speed. If not, I keep fast forwarding to the end, minimizing the time in pain.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The Houston Texans take on the Dallas Cowboys tomorrow. A lot of mixed emotions on this one, especially for many that live in Texas. Both have 3 and 1 records at this time. Since I live about half way between Houston and Dallas I'm not sure who to "root for." :confused: ...

Fantastic catch by the Cowboys' Bryant in OT to set them up for the winning field goal.

NO meanwhile comes back to tie late in the game, with 1:29 to go, to try to avoid an improbable 1-4 season in Week #5.

Now I'll be switching back and forth between the local TV stations showing the DEN-AZI (Go Broncos!) and SF-KC (Go Chiefs!) games.

Go Hawks!

Fantastic catch by the Cowboys' Bryant in OT to set them up for the winning field goal.

Dez and Bailey saved the day. I thought the game should have been won in regulation, except for Romo's poor field management in the last 2:20.

Now for a funny:

Attachments

• 10690126_10204966529183380_3758127211348656393_n.jpg
    10690126_10204966529183380_3758127211348656393_n.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Bears blew this one today. Too many penalties, mistakes, and a lack of adjustment from the coaching staff. :mad:

I find that some Bears games are more palatable if I watch them dvr'd. The packers game last week is a perfect example. After they get down by 2 touchdowns, I fast forward through the rest of the game hoping that the Bears catch up. If they do, I watch the rest at regular speed. If not, I keep fast forwarding to the end, minimizing the time in pain.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Today they were up by 2 TDs and blew it in the second half. This offense should be putting up big numbers every week. Same old Bears coaching staff can't make adjustments while their competition finds a way to beat them.:mad:

....Now I'll be switching back and forth between the local TV stations showing the DEN-AZI (Go Broncos!) and SF-KC (Go Chiefs!) games.

Go Hawks!
Well, Denver did its job and defeated Seahawk division rival, and division leader, Arizona--who are now 3-1. SF also did its job to stay near the top of the division (at 3-2), with me hoping they'd have lost. (Maybe those two late season SF vs. SEA games will be as fun, interesting and nail-biting as they're looking to be this early on.)

Should the Hawks prevail tomorrow on "Monday Night Football" vs. Washington, we'll be tied with ARI at 3-1 in the NFC West Division--with a ton more games to come.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
And the real Detroit Lions showed up for the game today... Do you think there is any chance that Jason Hanson is free for next week?

Last edited:
And the real Detroit Lions showed up for the game today...
I'm quite pleased to see that last year's Seahawk star receiver Golden Tate, now of the Lions, is getting the numbers that he always believed he could earn, but not with Seattle's mix-it-up offense. (And definitely not for the $ Seattle offered him as a free agent vs. Detroit.)

Last edited:
The Pats are back!! The offensive line played well tonight and the running game was strong. I'll still be nervous as to whether the team taking the field is the team who played well tonight or the team that KC embarrassed less than a week ago.

The Pats are back!! The offensive line played well tonight and the running game was strong. I'll still be nervous as to whether the team taking the field is the team who played well tonight or the team that KC embarrassed less than a week ago.

There's a Monday smile!

It's still early in the season and already every team has had at least one loss. No chance for a perfect season for any team this year.

Back
Top Bottom