Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #161
gone traveling

The Jets get a turnover in good field position late in the first half, a bit over a minute to go. Geno Smith, outside the pocket and short of the line of scrimmage, decides to slide (keeping the clock running) instead of flipping the ball out of bounds. How long has he been playing QB

Cutler was great when he had time. Which wasn't too often. It seems like the pass protection has been lousy ever since his arrival in Chicago.
Mr. Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #162
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Nope, I'm 48 points back and have Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Martellus Bennett. I need a high scoring game. One of us is in trouble.
So did you come back...?

Thanks to Culter/Bennett and Jefferies (yes he had all 3) I got crushed. I could have handled 1...not all 3. Apparently I played a Bear's Fan (he also had Hester for nostalgic reasons I assume)
Old 09-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #163
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainsBeGone View Post
The Bronco's offense is going to have to show up for both 1/2's of the game to beat Seattle. Don't think they can win if they don't, and they almost let their first two games get away from them. Exciting to watch, but not good for the blood pressure!
They did! Except there was also an OT.

What a game. An instant classic!
The last six minutes of regulation were as good as it gets.

Since I moved go my new apartment, I no longer have DirecTV and a DVR. I had to resort to old school and break out my 24-year-old VCR to record the last half and the OT. No HD quality there. There's got to be a way to connect to my laptop to retain HD and preserve these games for later. Or I might just have to subscribe to that NFL package I mentioned here elsewhere.
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
What a game. Now that would have made an exciting super bowl.

But I want to know, who in their right mind calls tails on the OT coin flip . I'd call heads all the way.
Except there'd be folks who'd argue the Seahawks didn't deserve the win because of the officiating. I prefer the outcome of the actual SB, when the Hawks fulfilled the season motto of" Leave No Doubt 24/7."

As for the coin flip in the rematch, I am one of those who has long believed that each team should get at least one possession in OT. If a team scores in any way in OT, then the opposing team gets a series of downs to try to score or it's all over.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
You didn't get your wish, Birdie. Go Cardinals!
Nope, I didn't! Drats!
Arizona is looking pretty good, at least in the standings. I haven't been able to catch a game of theirs on TV yet. From what little I know about the Cardinals, they have been playing mostly with backup players, right? Yet, they are only one of three undefeated teams after Week 3. Congratulations!

NFL Power Rankings: Week 4
Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #166
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_diver View Post
So did you come back...?

Thanks to Culter/Bennett and Jefferies (yes he had all 3) I got crushed. I could have handled 1...not all 3. Apparently I played a Bear's Fan (he also had Hester for nostalgic reasons I assume)
Nope, made a good run at it but came up short. First loss this year.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #167

NFL London kicks off this weekend, with three regular-season games to be played over the next six weeks, starting with Raiders vs. Dolphins.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #168

Any thoughts on Packers vs. Bears. Cutler is 1-8 against Pack.
ripper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #169
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
I think whichever team that commits to the run will win the game.

The game won't be Rodgers vs Cutler but Lacy vs Forte.

Of course I could be totally wrong as the game could be pass, pass, pass and then pass some more.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #170
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
I am struggling with this. Know we have struggled with Rogers. Even with injuries I feel kind of confident. There, I said it.

May the force be with us..............................
Old 09-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #171
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pine View Post
I am struggling with this. Know we have struggled with Rogers. Even with injuries I feel kind of confident. There, I said it.

Packer Oline has really struggled so maybe the DLine can get pressure and help cover up for the devastated Bear secondary. I am afraid Rogers gets going Sunday. Will Bears receivers be healthy enough? As Chicago offense has not hit peak form yet either. I'm rooting for Bears, but I have reason as I have $1200 on them to at least win 8 this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #172

Im looking at both teams putting up big offensive numbers. May come down to who has the ball last.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #173
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Im looking at both teams putting up big offensive numbers. May come down to who has the ball last.

Or which team decides to pick the ball up laying on the ground that everyone is ignoring and run it in for a touchdown....that was one crazy play last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #174

Ex-Seahawk Golden Tate had a nice game, with his fourth 100-yard receiving game of his career.

I'm looking forward to the Saints-Cowboys game later tonight.

In the meantime, I'm hoping division rival SF loses to the Eagles. So far, early in the 1st quarter, it's looking good.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #175
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:

Going to have to eat this one. We decided to go to this game late. They are now 2-2. We have been to both defeats, is there a pattern here?
Old 09-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #176

Drats! Despite chronic poor time management skills (this ain't the first game this season when SF has squandered its time-outs or been penalized for "delay of game") and other things, the 49ers won. But just barely.

Hey?! Those Chargers are on a hot streak, huh?
Old 09-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #177
Give me a forum ...

Hard to believe it but the Texans won "again" on Sunday and JJ Watt was amazing, again. This time he intercepted a Buffalo pass and then ran it back 80 yards for a touchdown. Can't believe that someone on the Bills couldn't catch him. Not too bad for a 6' 5'' defensive guy that weighs in at almost 300 pounds.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #178
gone traveling

Who Dat? Dem Dallas Cowboys. Best played Cowboys game I have seen in a very long time.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #179

Quote:
Going to have to eat this one. We decided to go to this game late. They are now 2-2. We have been to both defeats, is there a pattern here?
Yeah, Jack, the pattern is no defense. Actually the defense wasn't too bad last two weeks but injuries caught up with them in this one. Also GB just has their number and I am getting sick of losing to these guys. At some point they are going to have win some of these games to get to where they want to be.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Hard to believe it but the Texans won "again" on Sunday and JJ Watt was amazing, again. This time he intercepted a Buffalo pass and then ran it back 80 yards for a touchdown. Can't believe that someone on the Bills couldn't catch him. Not too bad for a 6' 5'' defensive guy that weighs in at almost 300 pounds.
If someone on the Bills caught him, what would they do with him?