NFL: 2014 Season

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
header-shield.png

The 2014 NFL Season kicks off today, with the Green Bay Packers meeting the Seattle Seahawks--the reigning Super Bowl Champions.

Link to NFL Kickoff Game Tradition (since 2002).

2014: Week #1 'Power Rankings'

Whatever ultimately happens, this should be a fun season!

Go Texans (yeah, right:rolleyes:) :D

Texans ranked #31 out of #32 in Power Rankings. Guess not much is expected of them this year!

I have been a Seahawks fan since I was 8 years old, when I was given a Jim Zorn jersey from someone. I will relish every second of this evening - especially the raising of the Championship banner.

Go Hawks!!!!!

Actually talked DW into going to Bears game this weekend on the lakefront. Weather should be beautiful.

Not cheap through stub hub but some splurges are in the plan.

Here's what one Vegas site has posted:

Odds to Win 2015 Super Bowl XLIX

Denver Broncos 6/1
Seattle Seahawks 6/1
New England Patriots 8/1
Green Bay Packers 11/1
New Orleans Saints 11/1
San Francisco 49ers 12/1
Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
Chicago Bears 26/1
Indianapolis Colts 28/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 28/1
Cincinnati Bengals 30/1
Baltimore Ravens 40/1
Detroit Lions 42/1
San Diego Chargers 45/1
Arizona Cardinals 50/1
Atlanta Falcons 62/1
New York Giants 65/1
Houston Texans 70/1
Kansas City Chiefs 75/1
Washington Redskins 75/1
Carolina Panthers 80/1
Miami Dolphins 80/1
Dallas Cowboys 90/1
Minnesota Vikings 95/1
Tampa Bay Buccanneers 95/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
New York Jets 100/1
St. Louis Rams 100/1
Tennessee Titans 100/1
Oakland Raiders 200/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 250/1

I have been a Seahawks fan since I was 8 years old, when I was given a Jim Zorn jersey from someone. I will relish every second of this evening - especially the raising of the Championship banner.

Go Hawks!!!!!

I got chills listening to the radio on the way home. The crowd went crazy when the 12th man flag was raised and then the team came running out. I raced into the house with the second play of the game. Go Hawks!

36-16 not a bad start

Hawks looked good. I also think that the 49ers are underpriced.

Ha

Thursday the reigning NFL champion threw down the gauntlet and won convincingly.

Today and Monday night, the other 30 challengers take the field.

Go Hawks!

Thursday the reigning NFL champion threw down the gauntlet and won convincingly.

Today and Monday night, the other 30 challengers take the field.

Go Hawks!

I remain a stalwart Patriot. It'd be fun if they met, especially after the whupping the Broncs handed the Patriots last year.

Glad to see that Vegas thinks more of my Lions than the Power Rankings guy does but of course at the end of the day, as the Power Rankings guy says, 'you almost get excited -- before recalling that they're the Detroit Lions'. Oh well! Here's to another exciting year. Last year I got to games in Philadelphia and Miami. Hopefully get to take in a couple more this year.

We'll have to wait and see how good the 9ers are but it looks like there's a good chance of a rematch between Seattle and Denver in the Superbowl. I of course will be rooting for Green Bay but I think they'll come up short in the playoffs.

We'll have to wait and see how good the 9ers are but it looks like there's a good chance of a rematch between Seattle and Denver in the Superbowl. I of course will be rooting for Green Bay but I think they'll come up short in the playoffs.

Pretty sure I read that its been 9 yrs since the reigning Super Bowl champ has even won a single playoff game. Those Super Bowl champs all looked like they would get back the next yr. The odds of both Seattle and Denver both making it back again this yr are astronomical no matter good they appear going into the season.

I'll go out on a limb a bit and say it will be Denver and Philly.

SF is lookin' good right now, but I think it might have more to do with Dallas being GAWDAWFUL.

Dallas had the 3rd worst defense in NFL history last season...then they lost their 3 best defensive players and their 4th best is suspended. They are TERRIBLE!

I remain a stalwart Patriot. 's only on'd be fun if they met, especially after the whupping the Broncs handed the Patriots last year.

Lifelong Pats fan here.

With the way they played against the Dolphins today they better correct most the their problems quickly if they hope to make the playoffs.

I know it's only one game but sooner or later Belichick's moves are going to bite him in the behind (trading Logan Mankins and releasing Tommy Kelly among others).

Back
Top Bottom