Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #401
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyman View Post
The Patriots will be fine. They have made me happy since I started watching football in the late 70s, win or lose. I think Chuck Fairbanks was the coach back then.
My one year wonder 1986 Bears blew them out in SBXX. They now have a dynasty. Sensational front office and coaching staff. They rarely lose at home which is a treat for fans.
ripper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

NFL: 2014 Season
Old 11-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #402
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

NFL: 2014 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
Bears won a game at home. Whoopee. Again they played sloppy and had lots of mistakes but managed to beat a team I guess that is worse than them. Next week they play Bucs at home and old coach Lovie Smith. Bucs are 2-8. Another bottom feeder but I bet they will be hard pressed to win this one also.

Those Bears were amazing. That was a painful day for me.

A friend and I discussed who would win: the Bears or the 70s Steelers? We both said PGH.

Edit: wrong quote from ripper1. You know what I meant.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #403
Give me a forum ...

I thought the Pats looked really good last night other than that fluffball interception that Brady threw towards the end of the second quarter. I'm guessing that he would really like that one back but luckily it didn't affect the end result.

Early in the season I thought the Seahawks looked like supermen and the team to beat but it now looks like they will be lucky to make the post-season. Sorry for them and their fans but Pete Carroll going through tough times doesn't break my heart.

Denver seems to have suddenly become human again as well.

Still a long ways to go and a lot of football to be played.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #404

The PATS now have the upper hand in the AFC after last night. They dominated the game and won by 22 points with Brady having an mediocre game by his standards. It's been 10 years since they won their last SB but they finally have a very good defense to complement their superior offense.

They still have a tough schedule with the Lions at home, The Packers away and the Chargers away and not to mention the Dolphins and Jets who regardless of their record always play the PATS tough.

Lots of football left but right now they look like the best team in the AFC.

The Packers game in two weeks may be a preview of the Superbowl.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #405
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Bears won a game at home. Whoopee. Again they played sloppy and had lots of mistakes but managed to beat a team I guess that is worse than them. Next week they play Bucs at home and old coach Lovie Smith. Bucs are 2-8. Another bottom feeder but I bet they will be hard pressed to win this one also.

This game went pretty much like I thought. Their defense is not nearly as exposed versus a below average QB. They dominated this game more than score showed. If they had taken the 3 in first half at the goal line the game would never have been in doubt in 4th qt. I think they get to 5-6 next week, but it will be an uphill climb to finish 8-8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I thought the Pats looked really good last night other than that fluffball interception that Brady threw towards the end of the second quarter. I'm guessing that he would really like that one back but luckily it didn't affect the end result.

Early in the season I thought the Seahawks looked like supermen and the team to beat but it now looks like they will be lucky to make the post-season. Sorry for them and their fans but Pete Carroll going through tough times doesn't break my heart.

Denver seems to have suddenly become human again as well.

Still a long ways to go and a lot of football to be played.
NFL= Not For Long
Old 11-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #407
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
NFL= Not For Long

The Rams are proof of that... If someone knew prior to beginning of the year that Rams would have 3 wins against last years top 4 teams after 10 games, I doubt many would guess their record would be 4-6.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
This game went pretty much like I thought. Their defense is not nearly as exposed versus a below average QB. They dominated this game more than score showed. If they had taken the 3 in first half at the goal line the game would never have been in doubt in 4th qt. I think they get to 5-6 next week, but it will be an uphill climb to finish 8-8.

Well, lets see, next week they have Tampa. Not a walk in the park and could lose to their old coach Lovie and ex qb McCown. They finish with Vikings who may or may not have Peterson back. Even then on the road and could drop that one. In between they have Lions twice, Cowboys, and Saints.......0-4 there against proven quarterbacks. So I say they will be 5-11 or 6-10. This from a team offense that should have been averaging 30pts. a game. Of course defense and special teams have been horrible. Quite an underachieving group. Actually an embarrassment to the city of Chicago.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #409

NFL Power Rankings: Week #12
  1. NE
  2. ARZ
  3. GB
  4. DEN
  5. DAL
  6. KC
  7. PHI
  8. DET
  9. IND
  10. SEA (Holding on in the Top 10 by a fingernail.)
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #410
Give me a forum ...

The Jets and Bills game (or the Snow Bowl) has been postponed until Monday night and moved to Detroit. Two Monday night games coming up this week.

Sounds pretty rough up there. I heard they had up to 6 feet of snow and drifts to 10 feet in Buffalo. What happened to global warming?
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #411
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
The Jets and Bills game (or the Snow Bowl) has been postponed until Monday night and moved to Detroit. Two Monday night games coming up this week.

Sounds pretty rough up there. I heard they had up to 6 feet of snow and drifts to 10 feet in Buffalo. What happened to global warming?
They may be headed for melting and a flood, so who knows what that will due to upcoming games, or it might get cold again and then chance for more snow.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #412
Give me a forum ...

I was listing to the radio in the car yesterday and it reported that the real bad part is very concentrated and that if you went a few miles that one might go from lots of snow to very little snow. They also said that global warming is part of what is making this "lake effect" snow so bad.

Quote:
And The Washington Post says: "The lake effect wall of snow left wildly varying snow totals across the region: one side of Cheektowaga, N.Y., had at least 51 inches of snow Tuesday; the other side of town recorded just 2 inches."

Old 11-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #413
Moderator Emeritus

Bears have Thanksgiving day game at the Lions. This could lead to some indigestion.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #414
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Bears have Thanksgiving day game at the Lions. This could lead to some indigestion.
Yes, I have heard that lions have difficulties digesting bear meat.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
They are going to get "STUFFED."
Old 11-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #416
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I was listing to the radio in the car yesterday and it reported that the real bad part is very concentrated and that if you went a few miles that one might go from lots of snow to very little snow. They also said that global warming is part of what is making this "lake effect" snow so bad.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
They may be headed for melting and a flood, so who knows what that will due to upcoming games, or it might get cold again and then chance for more snow.
They're saying that the game against the Browns on Nov 30th may have to be moved as well.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #418
Give me a forum ...

Anybody watch end of Chiefs-Raiders game last night? Craziest thing I ever seen. Two Raider linebackers continuing their sack dance celebration 20 yards behind Chiefs line of scrimmage while Chiefs were lined up to snap ball. They had no clue a game was even going on. Justin Tuck from D Line saw them still dancing behind Chiefs line and called timeout to save a penalty right before ball was snapped. He told them both in the next huddle he was going to fight them both after the game, he was so mad!

Old 11-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Anybody watch end of Chiefs-Raiders game last night? Craziest thing I ever seen. Two Raider linebackers continuing their sack dance celebration 20 yards behind Chiefs line of scrimmage while Chiefs were lined up to snap ball. They had no clue a game was even going on. Justin Tuck from D Line saw them still dancing behind Chiefs line and called timeout to save a penalty right before ball was snapped. He told them both in the next huddle he was going to fight them both after the game, he was so mad!

That's why they lost 16 games in a row before last night.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #420
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
That's why they lost 16 games in a row before last night.

One of the 2 offending idiots did have a good line to media though I seen. He said... "We have been coached to act like we have been here before. I proved obviously that I haven't been here before."