Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #601
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Kayaker View Post
I just had a gander at the NFL team stats... Seahawks #1 in rushing offence, #1 in pass defence, #5 in rush defence... #1 defence overall. ...
What is offence? What is defence?

Is spelling different on the left coast?

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #602
Recycles dryer sheets

We spell things a bit different in Canada.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #603
Give me a forum ...

And you only have 3 downs (rather than 4 downs) to advance the ball 10 yards if I recall correctly. Or is it 10 meters?

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #604
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Does 12 players on a side matter? 110 yard field and wider too?
Dimsumkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
All you say is true in terms of their storied past. But what have they done for you lately?

It sounds like if you Chicago fans say they suck then that is ok, but if someone else piles on then you have a problem. I really don't give a sh!t.......... the Bears are irrelevant today.

Should we discuss the Cubs next?

BTW, I thank you. In verifying your statement that the Bears have the most victories ever (which is true) I found this webpage.

NFL: 32 Teams All Time Football Record | The Roosevelts
You know how that goes.....If you argue or have a fight with your sibling then someone else tries to chime in then you want to bite their head off. Just human nature I guess. So I really don't care if you don't give a ****. And no I don't want to discuss the Cubs or White Sox. But if you would like to discuss the Blackhawks...........
ripper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
Great storied franchise no doubt but I'm surprised that the fans especially the season ticket holders have not demanded a refund for the awful showing this team had this season and especially on Monday night.

How does an organization justify giving Cutler such a lucrative contract? What has he done to justify getting $22.5 Million this year and $15.5 next year guaranteed?

Should Cutler make more than Brady. I guess that explains why NE has been a successful organization in the last 20 years when their franchise QB makes less money to allow the team to surround him with talent to continue to win.
I'm surprised they keep filling up the seats. Just like the lovable losers up north (Cubs). I guess it just gives somebody something to do. Of course if the White Sox don't win the place is like half empty.
NFL: 2014 Season
Old 12-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #607
Give me a forum ...

NFL: 2014 Season

Get the dinner ate early tonight as prime time tonight brings a classic in the making with Titans vs. Jags... Clipboard Jesus under center for Titans. Betting against Ol Clipboard on his infrequent starts has been more profitable than shorting oil!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #608
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Get the dinner ate early tonight as prime time tonight brings a classic in the making with Titans vs. Jags... Clipboard Jesus under center for Titans. Betting against Ol Clipboard on his infrequent starts has been more profitable than shorting oil!

Well, I never liked the Titans "just because" Bud Adams moved the Houston Oilers to Tennessee back in ~1997. So I'll go with Jasksonville tonight. I'm not betting big money on this one since neither team has much of my attention. I guess tonight's game is a fight for last place in the AFC South.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #609
Give me a forum ...

I'm waiting for Los Angeles to have a pro football team again.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #610
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
I'm waiting for Los Angeles to have a pro football team again.
So while waiting, do your root for the Rams or Raiders? Or have you disowned them both?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post

More football follies tonight. Gee, I wonder if the Bears could be these guys.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #612
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Well, I never liked the Titans "just because" Bud Adams moved the Houston Oilers to Tennessee back in ~1997. So I'll go with Jasksonville tonight. I'm not betting big money on this one since neither team has much of my attention. I guess tonight's game is a fight for last place in the AFC South.

Good luck! I hope you got it at minus 3, as the bettors have pushed it up here today. Everybody on forum ( and deservedly so) gives Cutler at verbal bashing for his pay/ success ratio, but at least he was taking a beating for his money. Clipboard Jesus has stole 17 million plus the past few years for keeping his long locks shiny and the clipboard safe.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #613
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I think we need to rate the cheerleaders, as they are more impressive than the team stats
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #614
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
I think we need to rate the cheerleaders, as they are more impressive than the team stats
Clearly we need to start a poll like we had for the best QB. Or we could just say they are all great, except for the the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. They are outstanding.

This post really needs a smiley face, but I couldn't find one that was drooling.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #615
Moderator Emeritus

The Bears don't have cheerleaders anymore - I think that explains their problems
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #616
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
I'm surprised they keep filling up the seats. Just like the lovable losers up north (Cubs). I guess it just gives somebody something to do. Of course if the White Sox don't win the place is like half empty.
Well, how about the Redskins, a drought for entire decades, the 50s and 60s, as well as being pretty pathetic throughout the 21st Century. Still a sold out stadium every game. As much as I hate the Skins, their fans are real fans.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #617
Recycles dryer sheets

"Clipboard Jesus" has to one of the best sports monikers of all time.

I remember when he started games for my team... let's just say his talent isn't "biblical".
Old 12-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #618
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Kayaker View Post
"Clipboard Jesus" has to one of the best sports monikers of all time.

I remember when he started games for my team... let's just say his talent isn't "biblical".

Like I said, betting against Clipboard Jesus is more profitable than shorting oil. But hey, I will give him credit. He tied up his hair into a ponytail tonight and played a pretty good game. He will get him another contract from somebody next year somehow and steal some more money standing on the sidelines.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #619
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Well, how about the Redskins, a drought for entire decades, the 50s and 60s, as well as being pretty pathetic throughout the 21st Century. Still a sold out stadium every game. As much as I hate the Skins, their fans are real fans.
I suspect fans become a function of ticket prices. This is why the Cowboy games are so silent from a fan noise perspective. The real Cowboy fans cannot afford the price of admission
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #620
Give me a forum ...

Wow, three days of pro football in a row starting late this afternoon. I hope the second game tonight doesn't go into overtime and/or the post game shows don't run too late. I'll need to unwind after the game, get some sleep, eat breakfast and make coffee before the pregame shows start up on Sunday morning.