NFL: 2014 Season

My picks are Pats (though I think the Ravens will play them tough as they usually do), Seahawks (in a romp), Broncos and Packers. I predict that the last two will be tight games.

Of possible upsets, I think Indy upsetting Denver is most likely but as a Pats fan, Baltimore makes me uneasy.... I would have rather played Indy.

Patriots over Ravens

Seattle over Panthers

Broncos over Colts

Packers over Cowboys

Will the top two seeds from each conference win and face each other in the championship game? It hasn't happened in 10 years.

I think it will happen this year.........

My picks are Pats (though I think the Ravens will play them tough as they usually do), Seahawks (in a romp), Broncos and Packers. I predict that the last two will be tight games.

Of possible upsets, I think Indy upsetting Denver is most likely but as a Pats fan, Baltimore makes me uneasy.... I would have rather played Indy.

Agree with you on the Ravens. They make me uneasy too but I think this PATS team is the most complete team on both sides since the 2003-2004 season and will prevail.

Ravens, Seahawks, Broncos, and Cowboys are the winners.

Seattle is a lock to cover the spread. But I feel good about my two upset picks as well.

I think the home teams win every game this weekend. I'm a bit nervous about the Packer game though. The 'Boys have been unstoppable on the road this season so if Rodgers isn't close to 100% with his calf strain for the entire game then Green Bay's in trouble. I will be rooting against NE and Seattle but definitely wouldn't bet against them.

Patriots over Ravens

Seattle over Panthers

Broncos over Colts

Packers over Cowboys (cold in green Bay)

I'm generally wrong on sports picks...so we'll see.

Patriots over Ravens

Seattle over Panthers

Broncos over Colts

+1 on all that...

Most likely upset is Ravens over Pats, based somewhat on recency bias, as they looked pretty good defensively against the Steelers, though Bell was out.

Cowboys will be playing at Lambeau, not the Jerry Dome, and it will be in the mid-teens, so... Of course, they could be so cold that someone steps on AR's leg... :LOL: Edge Packers.

The Luck-lead Colts are comeback kids, but Luck is also subject to really dumb interceptions and fumbles. Slight edge Broncos.

Least likely upset would be Carolina over Seattle. Seattle can definitely be beaten, but they appear to be peaking about the right time.

Go Pats! It has been WAY too long since they won a Super Bowl, DW is getting impatient! :bat::rant:

Its too easy to pick all the home teams, even though rarely do all of them win. I'd say the most likely upset is Indy over Denver. Next most likely would be Dallas over GB, although I don't see it happening. NE and Seattle look like they have the easiest games to me.

Patriots over Ravens

Seattle over Panthers

Broncos over Colts

I'm picking Pats over Ravens

Colts over Broncos - upset at mile high

Seahawks over Panthers

Packers over Cowboys - could be close, but I don't see Cowboys beating Packers, Rodgers' gimpy calf or not.

Go Pats! It has been WAY too long since they won a Super Bowl, DW is getting impatient! :bat::rant:

If they don't win this year, you're going to be waiting a very long time. This is Brady's last hurrah and once hes gone it could easily be 10+ years before they find another franchise QB. Its the hardest thing to do in pro sports. There are very few to go around

If my team, and it's QB (Dang3Russ, The Hobbit), get knocked out, I will probably be rooting for the Pats...mainly because of Brady. I can't bring myself to hate the guy.

Pats beating Seahawks in Super Bowl would probably be my least painful scenario in which the Seahawks lose in the playoffs.

I am OK with any out come provided the Pats and Hawks go down

Patriots over Ravens

Seattle over Panthers

Broncos over Colts

I want another Ice Bowl! The other 3 games aren't as important(to me) but GB over Dallas is. Need to go set up DVR now.

I hope you got that one right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Made a slight adjustment. I despise Belichick

Me too. I don't really have anything personal against Tom Brady, and in a way I grudgingly respect him, his commitment to winning and not being a big jerk off the field, but I get tired of the media prostration over The Great One. I also get tired of him acting like he was shot when a defensive player gets within two yards of him after he releases a pass. This is the NFL, not the Oscars, Tom.

But Belichick? No, if the Pats are the Evil Empire, he is Darth Vader.

I'd also add that a decade of ridiculous success (after decades of mostly disappointment apart from the Celtics) have soured me on a lot of Boston fans.

Last edited:
I want another Ice Bowl! The other 3 games aren't as important(to me) but GB over Dallas is. Need to go set up DVR now.

I hope you got that one right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

What is the latest on Rodgers' calf? I didn't get the last hourly update:LOL:

I don't want to see the Ravens get past this round. Kind of nostalgic for Manning and Brady. Would just like to see some good games.

You're entitled of your opinion but he's a winning coach and we would like to keep him.

A hall of fame QB makes lots of coaches look good. Lets see if hes a winning coach when Brady is gone.

He's 41-55 in his coaching career before Brady took over the starting job for the Pats. Not exactly a winning coach. Not to mention hes a cheater.

This should be an interesting 4 games this weekend. My money (so to speak :)) is on the Patriots and Seahawks and especially on the Broncos and Cowboys this weekend.

Of most interest to me is the Cowboys VS Packers game. I think the Cowboys haven't lost on the road this year, unfortunately the Packers haven't lost at home this year either. Both teams have 12-4 regular season records. Something has to give. I think the Packers clearly have the advantage. Rodgers is amazing, they have the home field advantage and have had an extra week of rest but I still would like to see the Cowboys win.

Anyone else care to make their picks known before the games start?

Good luck on the picks, Car Guy. I always bow out after wildcard. Betting pollutes my interest level. After cashing in my season long bets winnings, and my annual wild card weekend in Vegas I'm done with a profit for the year. Only game I will watch is the Cowboys. Now it's time focus on my $1500 season long NHL point total bets of Calgary 72 over and Maple Leafs 87 over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A hall of fame QB makes lots of coaches look good. Lets see if hes a winning coach when Brady is gone.

He's 41-55 in his coaching career before Brady took over the starting job for the Pats. Not exactly a winning coach. Not to mention hes a cheater.

He passed Curley Lambeau for third place. Made it to 5 Superbowls and will be a first ballot hall of fame coach. He also won 11 games with Matt Cassel as his QB the year Brady was injured in the first quarter of the first game and as good as Brady is he will win with another QB.

Having been a PATS fan for 40 years and lived through so many losing seasons until Parcells brought some respectability but no SB I wouldn't want any other coach than BB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom