Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #1141
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I
The league is the only entity that can really change anything. Do those who dislike Belicheck have the same animosity for Goodell and the NFL?

How about their stance on head injuries? Seems they're still going to any length to cover that up too. Mad about that?
Personally, I don't hate or love or have anti Belicheck feelings. And that goes for any other coach/player/owner, etc. They are not that important to me and my life. And, I have no idea what those who dislike Belicheck are thinking.

You're right about it being up to the league. Hopefully, they will do a better job than baseball did with performance enhancing drugs.

I can only speak for myself - cheaters ruin the game for me whether I am playing or watching. My 2 cents. YMMV.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #1142
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
I hope Seattle loses. I can't bear another SB looking at those ugly uniforms. Go Packers.
Guess you'll just have to look at those "ugly uniforms" a little bit more, as the NFC team this year gets to wear their home uniforms in the SB.

Despite the NFL deciding, a year ago in December 2013, to bathe this year's SB49 logo in Denver Bronco orange, blue and white. (Just kidding, of course.)
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #1143
Give me a forum ...

Probably the best quote about the deflategate so far:

Quote:
How on earth does the NFL, which regulates everything from shoe color to the way players gyrate in the end zone, let teams keep 12 footballs in their own possession during the game. That’s like a teacher leaving the room during an exam.

The Patriots should be disqualified from the Super Bowl | For The Win
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bellichick.jpg (10.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 081211_0205_Potterville1.jpg (20.2 KB, 8 views)
NFL: 2014 Season
Old 01-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #1144
Give me a forum ...

NFL: 2014 Season

NFL has a lot to answer for

Old 01-21-2015, 03:35 PM   #1145
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Like I said earlier, Belichick is a cheater. Always has been. Always will be. This is the third time hes been caught. I only wonder how many other times they've cheated and not been caught? The last time they were caught cheating, they were fined $500,000 and their first round draft pick was taken away from them. The NFL needs to strip them of their entire draft this season and ban Belichick for life. No matter what happens, the fans will always remember the 2004-2014 Patriots as cheaters and their records and Super Bowl wins will always be tainted.
^^^^^^[mod edit] BS^^^^^

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #1146
Recycles dryer sheets

ESPN is all over this story. Just watched a video in which Mark Brunell (ex QB) and Jerome Bettis claimed just how big an advantage a slightly deflated ball is. I was actually surprised at how adamant they were in proclaiming how much easier it is to throw, catch, and even hold on to a ball when tackled when it is slightly softer.

If it is PROVEN that the Patriots are guilty of this, I hope they NAIL THEM. I wonder if Brady was in on it?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #1147

Sean Peyton (coach of the Saints) was suspended for an entire season and his defensive coordinator was banned indefinitely. The defensive coordinator organized and/or took part in paying bounties for defensive players knocking opponents out of games. All Peyton did was know about it and not stop it. They didn't cheat. All they did was encourage their players to play overly rough in a rough game.

Belichick needs to be banned indefinitely and the Pats need to forfeit their entire 2015 draft. Their last punishment of $500,000 fine and loss of their first round pick didn't deter them so this one needs to be harsher.
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Kayaker View Post
ESPN is all over this story. Just watched a video in which Mark Brunell (ex QB) and Jerome Bettis claimed just how big an advantage a slightly deflated ball is. I was actually surprised at how adamant they were in proclaiming how much easier it is to throw, catch, and even hold on to a ball when tackled when it is slightly softer.

If it is PROVEN that the Patriots are guilty of this, I hope they NAIL THEM. I wonder if Brady was in on it?
Brady has been picking up and throwing a ball every day over and over again for the past 30 years. He's probably throw a million passes in his lifetime. He knows a football like the back of his hand. There's no way he didn't know the balls were under inflated.
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #1149

Quote:
Brady has been picking up and throwing a ball every day over and over again for the past 30 years. He's probably throw a million passes in his lifetime. He knows a football like the back of his hand. There's no way he didn't know the balls were under inflated.
Under inflated, over inflated, snowballs, mudballs.....Patriots still were going to beat the hell out of Colts..
ripper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #1150

Rest easy Seattle and get over your lucky win against Packers. Lightning does not strike twice. Although maybe it does in Seattle where it rains all the time.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:52 PM   #1151

Quote:
Rest easy Seattle and get over your lucky win against Packers. Lightning does not strike twice. Although maybe it does in Seattle where it rains all the time.
Yeah, yeah, alright already. We get it! The Seahawks, in their "ugly uniforms," win only by sheer luck, while the Pats win by coaching brilliance and a highly-talented team led by the Golden Boy who can do no wrong.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #1152
Give me a forum ...

This thread is getting ugly. Bye, people who get too emotionally involved in watching grown men get paid too much to play a game. I'll be back next year when the fantasy season starts again.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #1153
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
.....Belichick needs to be banned indefinitely and the Pats need to forfeit their entire 2015 draft. Their last punishment of $500,000 fine and loss of their first round pick didn't deter them so this one needs to be harsher.
Yeah, don't get your hopes up on that happening. To me there is a huge difference between offering bounties for players to injure other players and taking a couple pounds of air out of some footballs.
Besides, the refs who handle games balls on every play hardly noticed?

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #1154
Give me a forum ...

I suppose the footballs will be examined closely for the next game and the two teams will play.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #1155
Give me a forum ...

If I owned the Seahawks I would hire a few very experienced footballers to watch everything that goes on to make sure no cheating takes place.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
This thread is getting ugly. Bye, people who get too emotionally involved in watching grown men get paid too much to play a game. I'll be back next year when the fantasy season starts again.
Yeah go back to the fire and money forum.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #1157

After the balls were inflated to specification at halftime the PATS shut out the Colts 28-0 and Brady was 8 for 8 in the third period.

And the logic of comparing coaches asking their players to deliberately inflict injuries on opposing players to taking a couple of pounds of air out of a football is a real sound logic......
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
Yeah, yeah, alright already. We get it! The Seahawks, in their "ugly uniforms," win only by sheer luck, while the Pats win by coaching brilliance and a highly-talented team led by the Golden Boy who can do no wrong.
Now you got it, bye bye birdie.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:22 PM   #1159
Recycles dryer sheets

Well, that escalated quickly.

I'm outta here too...hope it's a great game!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #1160

Quote:
Now you got it, bye bye birdie.

For me, this is all just friendly ribbing among fans of opposing teams of the biggest game in American sports. I know it's only entertainment by people who get paid a lot to entertain me. Reminds me of when I was a kid and had passionate debates with friends who preferred the Rolling Stones over my Beatles.

By the way, did you know that the popular 1964 song was based on the theme song for the 1963 movie Bye Bye Birdie?