NFL: 2015 Season

Well, IMO, the Texans made history again today with one of the worse games I've ever seen them play. And I've seen them play some bad ones. They can't seem to pass or run or kick but they really excel at getting penalties, throwing interceptions, missing field goals and fumbling the ball. Heck, one of their players even striped the ball from their own teammate this time. You know it's pretty bad when your opponent lets their backup QB play since they are so far ahead. Either that or the Falcons QB (Matt Ryan) was just worn out by the 4th quarter from running up and down the field scoring touchdowns. What an embarrassment for Houston. And to think they play again on national TV this Thursday night. :facepalm: Hopefully they will do a little better against the Colts on Thursday. :nonono:

Last edited:
Wow - Cleveland shot themselves in the head! SD wins - but ugly.

Teams like Cleveland always seem to find a way to lose

Speaking of penalties the Buffalo Bills committed 17 penalties for almost 150 yards and at one point had two consecutive personal foul penalties for hits after the play was over lost by 2 touchdowns but Rex Ryan was proud of how they played.:cool:

Meanwhile his former team looked good in London.

Last edited:
The Ryan brothers are two of the worst coaches in NFL history. I seriously wonder how they still have jobs. I looked up Rob Ryan's defenses once. He's been the Defensive coordinator for Oakland, Cleveland, Dallas and now New Orleans. His defensive rankings are in the bottom half of the league every year...then he gets fired and someone else hires him.

The Steelers lost their field goal kicker, Shaun Suisham. I think he is irreplaceable.

He's a very good kicker, but come on, irreplaceable? He's a friggin kicker.
They will find a veteran to replace him with. Shayne Graham, Billy Cundiff and Jay Feely are all unsigned. Not to mention some rookies that are in other teams' camps that wont make the team.

Furthermore, I think that the Steelers have one of the worst head coaches in the league (this being the NFL thread). I know he's won two Super Bowls, but he did it with Bill Cowher's team.

Scooby Doo costs the Steelers the game. Mike Tomlin needs his head examined. Why did he not cut this guy when he missed 2 FGs on week1? Why did he not cut him when he missed an extra point in week 2? The Eagles' kicker is out for the season and the next day they signed Caleb Sturgis who used to kick for Miami. There are always plenty of kickers floating around.

Why did we sign Vick. Of the 44 QBs that have thrown 100 passes the last 2 years, Vick has the absolute lowest Total QB rating. Why did Tomlin go for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter with a bad QB when he could punt and bury the Ravens.

Why did Tomlin let Vick throw on 4th and 1 in OT when he has one of the best RBs in football. Vick is terrible.

Im sick over this game. I didnt expect to win all of our games with Vick in there, but this one was given away with stupid decisions.

Anyhow, told you so...says one Steeler fan to another:)

And, Tomlin, as of right now, has two of the best running backs in the NFL, not just one.

But hey, the Steelers finally released Scooby Can't and signed kicker Chris Boswell.

That was one fast overtime...bam...done...goodnight Cowboys!

I've decided to treat myself to a steak dinner following every Bears win this season. Good thing I don't eat much red meat. But they won today. Go Bears!

Most people would say Tomlin is one of the top 10 coaches. He may have had a lot of Cowhers players in his first SB win but his second was 5 yrs after Cowher retired. There were very few Cowher players left by then.

I'll say this. We will find out how good Tomlin is when Rothlisberger is gone. I say the same thing about Bellichik. The true test is how good he is without Brady.

Scooby Doo costs the Steelers the game. Mike Tomlin needs his head examined. Why did he not cut this guy when he missed 2 FGs on week1? Why did he not cut him when he missed an extra point in week 2? The Eagles' kicker is out for the season and the next day they signed Caleb Sturgis who used to kick for Miami. There are always plenty of kickers floating around.

Why did we sign Vick. Of the 44 QBs that have thrown 100 passes the last 2 years, Vick has the absolute lowest Total QB rating. Why did Tomlin go for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter with a bad QB when he could punt and bury the Ravens.

Why did Tomlin let Vick throw on 4th and 1 in OT when he has one of the best RBs in football. Vick is terrible.

Im sick over this game. I didnt expect to win all of our games with Vick in there, but this one was given away with stupid decisions.

Looks like you found your answer... Rothlisberger is gone (temporarily).

Anyhow, told you so...says one Steeler fan to another:)

And, Tomlin, as of right now, has two of the best running backs in the NFL, not just one.

But hey, the Steelers finally released Scooby Can't and signed kicker Chris Boswell.

Gotta give props. You nailed this one about Suisham's injury hurting badly. I still say there are lots of kickers floating around, but Tomlin obviously picked the wrong one....and even worse, why the hell did he hang on to him so long?

I almost threw my remote at my brand new 4K TV when Tomlin went for it on 4th and 2 instead of punting. Ive never questioned his coaching before but he was as bad as Scooby Doo was in this game.

Its a QB league.

Steelers 0-1 without Roethlisberger
Cowboys 0-2 without Romo
Saints 0-1 without Brees (they stink anyway but still)
Colt 1-0 without Luck, but does it count when you need OT to beat Jacksonville?

The Ryan brothers are two of the worst coaches in NFL history. I seriously wonder how they still have jobs. I looked up Rob Ryan's defenses once. He's been the Defensive coordinator for Oakland, Cleveland, Dallas and now New Orleans. His defensive rankings are in the bottom half of the league every year...then he gets fired and someone else hires him.

Speaking of the Ryan brothers...Rex Ryan is supposed to be a defensive coach. People said he had no play makers on the Jets. He came to Buffalo and they gave him plenty of play makers to go with a shut down defense.. What did he do? After 4 games, he has turned their defense from #2 in the NFL to #20.

I take back what I've previously said about Buffalo. Rex Ryan is too stupid to win with that team (or any team). Give Buffalo to a real coach and they go to the playoffs.

That's one of the reasons why I refrain from making predictions before the season starts. Rex is an overrated loud mouth that does not back it up consistently on the field.

That's one of the reasons why I refrain from making predictions before the season starts. Rex is an overrated loud mouth that does not back it up consistently on the field.

I've always believed that, but he's never had much talent on his team. Now he does and he still sucks. There's no way a team with as much talent as Buffalo has should've lost at home to the Giants.

I've always believed that, but he's never had much talent on his team. Now he does and he still sucks. There's no way a team with as much talent as Buffalo has should've lost at home to the Giants.

With the talented team he has he should definitely be competing with the Patriots for the division and he may still do so but only if he starts holding his players accountable for their lack of discipline by committing stupid penalties (13 unsportsmanlike in 4 games) instead of empowering them by claiming "I’ll take a team that will fight over a team that won’t, that’ll sit back and take it."

Last edited:

Certainly not a football fan compared to others on this thread, but "yeah, that". Have never been impressed with either.

Last edited:
I recall a few years ago the Pats staged a last minute comeback and the Saints snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and the camera cut over to a thoroughly disgusted and embarrassed Rob Ryan. Priceless.

Seattle does not look good. It took a bad call by the officials for them to beat the Lions at home.

Seattle does not look good. It took a bad call by the officials for them to beat the Lions at home.

They traded a great center for a great TE but then fail to throw the ball to the great TE and cant run like they used to be able to because they no longer have a great center and the great TE cant block. Another great call by Pete Carroll.

Neither team looked very good IMO, but I sure thought the Lions were going to pull it out in the final minutes. Tough break. At least they can claim that they have the unenviable position of having the worse record in the NFL at 0 and 4 .:nonono:

So, the Lions got jobbed by the refs again? I read about the bad call, but the articles I read didn't have a video link to the actual play :mad:.

So, the Lions got jobbed by the refs again? I read about the bad call, but the articles I read didn't have a video link to the actual play :mad:.

It was the wrong call but in my opinion people are making way too big a deal of it. No flag being thrown had no bearing on the result of the play. Refs could call holding on almost every play but they rarely call it if it is on the back side of the play and the holding doesnt give the RB an advantage.

Do we really want flags thrown every single time there's a penalty? The game would take 6 hours.

In this particular play, the Seattle defender batted the ball out of the back of the end zone which is illegal but there was not a Lion player within 6 yards of him and the ball bounced right up into his arms. The Seattle player easily couldve just grabbed the ball with nobody to stop him but he batted out if the end zone instead most likely because he didnt know the rule.

It was the wrong call but in my opinion people are making way too big a deal of it. No flag being thrown had no bearing on the result of the play. Refs could call holding on almost every play but they rarely call it if it is on the back side of the play and the holding doesnt give the RB an advantage.

Do we really want flags thrown every single time there's a penalty? The game would take 6 hours.

In this particular play, the Seattle defender batted the ball out of the back of the end zone which is illegal but there was not a Lion player within 6 yards of him and the ball bounced right up into his arms. The Seattle player easily couldve just grabbed the ball with nobody to stop him but he batted out if the end zone instead most likely because he didnt know the rule.

And the ref was standing on the end line right behind the Seattle player who batted it out of bounds. The ref blew it. Lions definitely got jobbed. Note, I'm a bears fan so I wasn't exactly pulling for the Lions to win.

Back
Top Bottom