NFL: 2015 Season

I will argue this position and will not accept evidence to the contrary:
NFC East is rock bottom.

How about the AFC south?

In the last 4 years the COLTS the division winners are 19-2 against their division rivals and 19-20 against the rest of the NFL........

Last edited:
I think the Pats cheated again, by cross-wiring Colt's coaches comm system so that Pete Carroll was calling the plays... :biggrin:

+1
I was going to post the same thing!

Attachments

• NFL.png
    NFL.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 11
New topic:

A couple weeks ago someone said Mike Tomlin was a bad coach and I disagreed. I've always thought hes done a great job but the last 3 weeks Ive changed my mind. Hes made more bad decisions than Ive ever seen.

Why he signed Vick I will never know. Hes terrible and has been terrible for a very long time other than one great year in Philly. His career stats are terrible. Here's what I cant understand. It was obvious that they didnt trust Vick. They ran a high school offense because they didnt want him to throw. The last game he only threw 8 passes in 2 1/2 quarters. He went 3/8 for 6 yards. Then he got hurt (didnt look hurt to me and got no treatment on the sideline). 3rd stringer Landry Jones comes in and suddenly they completely opened up the offense. Jones went 8/12 for 168 yd and 2 TDs in a quarter and a half.

If Tomlin doesnt trust Vick but trusts Jones enough to let him execute the full offense, then why the hell wasn't Jones in there in the first place?

He didn't cut Scobee after he missed 2 FGs and an extra point in the first game vs NE. That's 7 points. The Steelers lost by 7 points. I not saying we wouldve won if he wouldve hit those kicks but it sure as hell wouldve been closer. Scobee goes on to lose the Balt game by missing 2 more FGs. Then he finally signs a new kicker who goes 4 for 4 including a 48, 47 and 51 yard FG in the hardest stadium in the NFL to kick in. One of them was in the rain. Tomlin didnt even try out any new kickers until after the Balt game.

I might have to start a Fire Tomlin campaign.

New topic:

A couple weeks ago someone said Mike Tomlin was a bad coach and I disagreed. I've always thought hes done a great job but the last 3 weeks Ive changed my mind. Hes made more bad decisions than Ive ever seen...

I might have to start a Fire Tomlin campaign.

It would be an honor to be the first to sign the petition:
rEDDUCK

Hawks blew another 4th quarter lead. %$#*!

1. NE
  2. GB
  3. CIN
  4. CAR
  5. DEN
  6. ATL
  7. NYJ
  8. PIT
  9. ARI
  10. MIN
  11. PHI
  12. BUF
  13. IND
  14. NYG
  15. STL
  16. SEA
  17. SD
  18. OAK
  19. WAS
  20. CLE

It's their fourth loss after holding a lead in the fourth quarter. Actually the fifth if you include the SB. Would have been the sixth if the call went against them in the Detroit game. The defense that won them plenty of games in the past is not as good anymore.

I think they may be psychologically damaged from that SB loss.

Seattle did lose a couple defensive starters from last year which hurt, but I think Seattle's demise is greatly exaggerated. They've played 6 games and 3 of their opponents are undefeated. That's a pretty tough opening schedule. They still have to play the Steelers (with Big Ben back) and the Cardinals twice. Their schedule is ridiculously tough this year. They play 7 games vs teams that made the playoff last year.

The schedule plays a huge part in final records of the teams.

Look at Carolina which is 5-0. Theyve played Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans, TB, and Seattle. They played a great game vs Seattle but come on. Look at those first 4 teams. Not hardly fair.

Last edited:
All teams lose key players to free agency or season ending injuries all the time but good teams tend to overcome these obstacles. They also lost their defensive coordinator Quinn to Atlanta but Pete Carroll comes from the defensive side of the ball.

I still think that they're not the same team as they were the last couple of years when it was almost impossible to beat them if they built a healthy lead in the fourth quarter.

Not a Seahawks fan (or hater), but they started last year at 3-3. In 2013-14 their defense was scary good, hard to believe that's just over. Lots of teams have gotten off to shaky starts and dine well after all, Pats & Giants come to mind...

NE and GB are the front runner at this early point. That's too easy though. Lets say Brady and Rodgers get hurt. Now who gets to the SB?

In the AFC, I really like Buffalo but I think inexperience at QB will kill them in the playoffs. Pittsburgh had a real shot but now, unless Vick plays like he did a few years ago for Philly, they will be swimming upstream all season. The Colts look terrible. Manning can barely throw the ball 15 yards with any oomph.

I would have to pick Kansas City. They have a top RB, a QB who makes very few mistakes and a very good defense, even though Rodgers shredded them..

In the NFC, I'll take Arizona.

Pulled from the "worst prediction in history" files

Seattle did lose a couple defensive starters from last year which hurt, but I think Seattle's demise is greatly exaggerated. They've played 6 games and 3 of their opponents are undefeated. That's a pretty tough opening schedule. They still have to play the Steelers (with Big Ben back) and the Cardinals twice. Their schedule is ridiculously tough this year. They play 7 games vs teams that made the playoff last year.

The schedule plays a huge part in final records of the teams.

Look at Carolina which is 5-0. Theyve played Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans, TB, and Seattle. They played a great game vs Seattle but come on. Look at those first 4 teams. Not hardly fair.
Plus, I heard on local news yesterday, the Seahawks have the most grueling travel schedule of all NFL teams--traveling some 30K miles this season. Go Hawks! (vs. 49ers tonight).

Thank God for football. (And NASCAR) since I'm done with baseball this year. I'm rooting for the 49'ers tonight. (Just because I don't like the Seahawks) No money on tonight's game, just me and a 6 pack that's left over from my baseball watching plans.

Last edited:
Thank God for football. (And NASCAR) since I'm done with baseball this year. I'm rooting for the 49'ers tonight. (Just because I don't like the Seahawks) No money on tonight's game, just me and a 6 pack that's left over from my baseball watching plans.

I remain, as I have been since the 70s, a fan of the New England Patriots. Baseball's World Series is my "end of summer". Then on to football.

But I have a few bottles of beer to deflate during that series. :D

That and if you're a Red Sox baseball fan, most years you can shift to Patriots football in September.

Guilty as charged (Bosox). You need an AL team, too. And I worked and lived for a few years very close to Fenway Park.

Dear Chargers,
Please let me know what it takes for you to move to LA.

Last week Sheldon Richardson of the Jets guaranteed a victory against The Pats and their safety Gilchrist said that Brady is like Kirk Cousins. If I'm Todd Bowles who unlike Rex Ryan seems to be a quiet and a no nosense coach I will remind them to keep quiet next time they play the Patriots. As John Elway said "don't poke the bear".

Last edited:
Well I thought I could never be more embarrassed by the Texans than I have been by some of their past games. But again, they proved me wrong by hitting a new low today. Today's first quarter was absolutely the worse I've ever seen them play and I've seen some bad ones.

Maybe they have a new game strategy they are testing out. Make your opponent score so many points in the first quarter, they are too tired to play the rest of the game. :nonono:

Rex Ryan is the worst football coach in history. In less than half a season, how do you take one of the best defenses in the NFL and ruin it to the point that you give up 34 points to Jacksonville?

Rex Ryan is the worst football coach in history. In less than half a season, how do you take one of the best defenses in the NFL and ruin it to the point that you give up 34 points to Jacksonville?
He probably read Bill O'Brien's book "how ruin a team" in one season.

Back
Top Bottom