Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #321
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
And BTW....dont tell me when to move on to the next topic. Youre not my father. I will talk about any topic I see fit. If you dont want to read it, feel free to ignore me. I will be doing the same from now on.
Just a friendly suggestion once you've already made your POV clear, especially the Pats bashing. But it's your right to repeat your POV over and over and over if you want, since you know better than the league, the officials, the commentators, other fans and anyone else. If we see things differently I can live with that no problem. Can you?

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #322
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Here we go again. I dont know better.
The commentators said the ball shouldve gone to the Colts after they saw that last replay.
The analysts on ESPN that pick apart every game said the ball should gone to the Colts.
Other fans talking on Twitter and other places said the ball shouldve gone to the Colts.

You said the Pats got a gift. Pb4uski said he agrees after seeing the final replay the Pats got a break (or whatever other words he used). You just cant stand that I hate the Pats so you continue with this nonsense of trying to make me wrong somehow about ho shouldve had the ball, even though Ive said the Pats are better than the Colts and that this play probably didnt matter to the outcome of the game.

The Pats are playing better than any other team in the league right now. What else do you want me to say? They still got lucky on that play

Old 10-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #323
Give me a forum ...

Yes, they did get lucky on that play but one bad call does not equate to the Colts being "screwed" as you claimed... like you said... bad calls happen all the time and this one did not decide the game ... they later screwed themselves with that screwball fake punt.

I don't see a lot of posters jumping to your defense... so maybe it is you... ever think of that?
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #324

I also already said that I shouldnt have used the word "screwed" since mistakes are made all the time. I also said more than once that this wasnt a game changing play.

Go ahead and have whatever last word you want and lets move on please.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:20 AM   #325
Give me a forum ...

I hadn't seen that... but you did retract your screwed comment and I missed it.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #326
Give me a forum ...

No mas...

Old 10-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #327

I will argue this position and will not accept evidence to the contrary:
NFC East is rock bottom.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by target2019 View Post
NFC East is rock bottom.
How about the AFC south?

In the last 4 years the COLTS the division winners are 19-2 against their division rivals and 19-20 against the rest of the NFL........
Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I think the Pats cheated again, by cross-wiring Colt's coaches comm system so that Pete Carroll was calling the plays...
+1
I was going to post the same thing!
Old 10-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #330
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by target2019 View Post
NFC East is rock bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
How about the AFC south?

In the last 4 years the COLTS are 19-2 against their division rivals and 19-20 against the rest of the NFL........
Numbers suggest AFC South?
Attached Images
File Type: png NFL.png (214.7 KB, 11 views)

Old 10-20-2015, 12:22 PM   #331

New topic:

A couple weeks ago someone said Mike Tomlin was a bad coach and I disagreed. I've always thought hes done a great job but the last 3 weeks Ive changed my mind. Hes made more bad decisions than Ive ever seen.

Why he signed Vick I will never know. Hes terrible and has been terrible for a very long time other than one great year in Philly. His career stats are terrible. Here's what I cant understand. It was obvious that they didnt trust Vick. They ran a high school offense because they didnt want him to throw. The last game he only threw 8 passes in 2 1/2 quarters. He went 3/8 for 6 yards. Then he got hurt (didnt look hurt to me and got no treatment on the sideline). 3rd stringer Landry Jones comes in and suddenly they completely opened up the offense. Jones went 8/12 for 168 yd and 2 TDs in a quarter and a half.

If Tomlin doesnt trust Vick but trusts Jones enough to let him execute the full offense, then why the hell wasn't Jones in there in the first place?

He didn't cut Scobee after he missed 2 FGs and an extra point in the first game vs NE. That's 7 points. The Steelers lost by 7 points. I not saying we wouldve won if he wouldve hit those kicks but it sure as hell wouldve been closer. Scobee goes on to lose the Balt game by missing 2 more FGs. Then he finally signs a new kicker who goes 4 for 4 including a 48, 47 and 51 yard FG in the hardest stadium in the NFL to kick in. One of them was in the rain. Tomlin didnt even try out any new kickers until after the Balt game.

I might have to start a Fire Tomlin campaign.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #332
Full time employment: Posting here.

NFL Power Rankings: Week 7

Hawks blew another 4th quarter lead. %$#*!
NFL Power Rankings: Week 7 (Top 20)
  1. NE
  2. GB
  3. CIN
  4. CAR
  5. DEN
  6. ATL
  7. NYJ
  8. PIT
  9. ARI
  10. MIN
  11. PHI
  12. BUF
  13. IND
  14. NYG
  15. STL
  16. SEA
  17. SD
  18. OAK
  19. WAS
  20. CLE
Old 10-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #333

Quote:
New topic:

A couple weeks ago someone said Mike Tomlin was a bad coach and I disagreed. I've always thought hes done a great job but the last 3 weeks Ive changed my mind. Hes made more bad decisions than Ive ever seen...

I might have to start a Fire Tomlin campaign.
It would be an honor to be the first to sign the petition:
rEDDUCK
Old 10-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
Hawks blew another 4th quarter lead. %$#*!
  1. NE
  2. GB
  3. CIN
  4. CAR
  5. DEN
  6. ATL
  7. NYJ
  8. PIT
  9. ARI
  10. MIN
  11. PHI
  12. BUF
  13. IND
  14. NYG
  15. STL
  16. SEA
  17. SD
  18. OAK
  19. WAS
  20. CLE
It's their fourth loss after holding a lead in the fourth quarter. Actually the fifth if you include the SB. Would have been the sixth if the call went against them in the Detroit game. The defense that won them plenty of games in the past is not as good anymore.

I think they may be psychologically damaged from that SB loss.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #335

Seattle did lose a couple defensive starters from last year which hurt, but I think Seattle's demise is greatly exaggerated. They've played 6 games and 3 of their opponents are undefeated. That's a pretty tough opening schedule. They still have to play the Steelers (with Big Ben back) and the Cardinals twice. Their schedule is ridiculously tough this year. They play 7 games vs teams that made the playoff last year.

The schedule plays a huge part in final records of the teams.

Look at Carolina which is 5-0. Theyve played Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans, TB, and Seattle. They played a great game vs Seattle but come on. Look at those first 4 teams. Not hardly fair.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #336

All teams lose key players to free agency or season ending injuries all the time but good teams tend to overcome these obstacles. They also lost their defensive coordinator Quinn to Atlanta but Pete Carroll comes from the defensive side of the ball.

I still think that they're not the same team as they were the last couple of years when it was almost impossible to beat them if they built a healthy lead in the fourth quarter.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #337
Give me a forum ...

Not a Seahawks fan (or hater), but they started last year at 3-3. In 2013-14 their defense was scary good, hard to believe that's just over. Lots of teams have gotten off to shaky starts and dine well after all, Pats & Giants come to mind...

Old 10-20-2015, 06:02 PM   #338
Give me a forum ...

For some reason I thought of our good friend utrecht when i saw this article:

Patriots aren't 'America's Team' but Tom Brady's stardom carries over to Europe where Pats have popularity

Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #339

Quote:
NE and GB are the front runner at this early point. That's too easy though. Lets say Brady and Rodgers get hurt. Now who gets to the SB?

In the AFC, I really like Buffalo but I think inexperience at QB will kill them in the playoffs. Pittsburgh had a real shot but now, unless Vick plays like he did a few years ago for Philly, they will be swimming upstream all season. The Colts look terrible. Manning can barely throw the ball 15 yards with any oomph.

I would have to pick Kansas City. They have a top RB, a QB who makes very few mistakes and a very good defense, even though Rodgers shredded them..

In the NFC, I'll take Arizona.
Pulled from the "worst prediction in history" files
Old 10-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #340
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Seattle did lose a couple defensive starters from last year which hurt, but I think Seattle's demise is greatly exaggerated. They've played 6 games and 3 of their opponents are undefeated. That's a pretty tough opening schedule. They still have to play the Steelers (with Big Ben back) and the Cardinals twice. Their schedule is ridiculously tough this year. They play 7 games vs teams that made the playoff last year.

The schedule plays a huge part in final records of the teams.

Look at Carolina which is 5-0. Theyve played Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans, TB, and Seattle. They played a great game vs Seattle but come on. Look at those first 4 teams. Not hardly fair.
Plus, I heard on local news yesterday, the Seahawks have the most grueling travel schedule of all NFL teams--traveling some 30K miles this season. Go Hawks! (vs. 49ers tonight).