Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #341
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Thank God for football. (And NASCAR) since I'm done with baseball this year. I'm rooting for the 49'ers tonight. (Just because I don't like the Seahawks) No money on tonight's game, just me and a 6 pack that's left over from my baseball watching plans.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #342
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Thank God for football. (And NASCAR) since I'm done with baseball this year. I'm rooting for the 49'ers tonight. (Just because I don't like the Seahawks) No money on tonight's game, just me and a 6 pack that's left over from my baseball watching plans.

I remain, as I have been since the 70s, a fan of the New England Patriots. Baseball's World Series is my "end of summer". Then on to football.

But I have a few bottles of beer to deflate during that series.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:04 AM   #343
Give me a forum ...

That and if you're a Red Sox baseball fan, most years you can shift to Patriots football in September.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #344
Give me a forum ...

Guilty as charged (Bosox). You need an AL team, too. And I worked and lived for a few years very close to Fenway Park.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #345
Full time employment: Posting here.

Dear Chargers,
Please let me know what it takes for you to move to LA.
BBQ-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #346
Give me a forum ...

Signed,

A Chargers fan.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #347
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Last week Sheldon Richardson of the Jets guaranteed a victory against The Pats and their safety Gilchrist said that Brady is like Kirk Cousins. If I'm Todd Bowles who unlike Rex Ryan seems to be a quiet and a no nosense coach I will remind them to keep quiet next time they play the Patriots. As John Elway said "don't poke the bear".
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #348
Give me a forum ...

Well I thought I could never be more embarrassed by the Texans than I have been by some of their past games. But again, they proved me wrong by hitting a new low today. Today's first quarter was absolutely the worse I've ever seen them play and I've seen some bad ones.

Maybe they have a new game strategy they are testing out. Make your opponent score so many points in the first quarter, they are too tired to play the rest of the game.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #349

Rex Ryan is the worst football coach in history. In less than half a season, how do you take one of the best defenses in the NFL and ruin it to the point that you give up 34 points to Jacksonville?
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #350
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Rex Ryan is the worst football coach in history. In less than half a season, how do you take one of the best defenses in the NFL and ruin it to the point that you give up 34 points to Jacksonville?
He probably read Bill O'Brien's book "how ruin a team" in one season.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #351

Quote:
He probably read Bill O'Brien's book "how ruin a team" in one season.
I agree the team is a mess and I was wrong about Bill O'Brien. I thought coming from the Belichick tree he would have better control of his team but Ryan Mallett missing the team's flight to Miami because he was caught in traffic also missing practice earlier in the year because he overslept Mallett would have been severely disciplined in NE for the first offense and released after the second. Let's see how O'Brien handles this.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #352
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
No argument here... he has a storied history of failure.... talks a good game and not at all lacking in confidence... but unable to deliver the goods. Jets missed the post season in the last 4 years.. there is a reason for that and its not personnel.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #353
Give me a forum ...

Well we still have 5 undefeated teams in the NFL and it's nearing mid season. I have the opportunity to get in on an undefeated pool and I think I'm going to "jump in". Undefeated will mean all regular and post season games including the SB. If none make it all the way, the pool will be "deflated". (I suspect they may ask Tom B for some help to deflate the pool, if needed)

I'd like to see the Broncos go all the way, but I feel more comfortable at this time with picking the Packers or the Patriots. Of course the Bengals and Panthers are contenders too. Probably none of them will make it but who knows.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #354
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
I'd like to see the Broncos go all the way, but I feel more comfortable at this time with picking the Packers or the Patriots. Of course the Bengals and Panthers are contenders too. Probably none of them will make it but who knows.
How about the undefeated Packers vs the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl? The '72 Dolphins would all have to be put on suicide watch.
ChiliPepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
No argument here... he has a storied history of failure.... talks a good game and not at all lacking in confidence... but unable to deliver the goods. Jets missed the post season in the last 4 years.. there is a reason for that and its not personnel.
And suddenly the Jets are 4-2 without Ryan. He instantly ruined one team with tons of potential and the team he left in shambles instantly looks like a possible playoff team.

Just look at the defenses. Hes a defensive coach.

Jets went from 6th in defense last year with Ryan to 3rd so far this year without him
Bills went from 4th last year without him to 16th this year with him.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
I agree the team is a mess and I was wrong about Bill O'Brien. I thought coming from the Belichick tree he would have better control of his team but Ryan Mallett missing the team's flight to Miami because he was caught in traffic also missing practice earlier in the year because he overslept Mallett would have been severely disciplined in NE for the first offense and released after the second. Let's see how O'Brien handles this.
He cut Mallett outright.

Compare that to how the Cowboys handle their problems...like Hardy. They want to extend his contract. Reason like this are why teams like the Pats, Steelers and Broncos always win and teams like Cleveland, Oakland and Dallas always lose. Dallas won 20 years ago before Jerry Jones ruined them, but you know what I mean.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:12 AM   #357
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
And suddenly the Jets are 4-2 without Ryan. He instantly ruined one team with tons of potential and the team he left in shambles instantly looks like a possible playoff team.

Just look at the defenses. Hes a defensive coach.

Jets went from 6th in defense last year with Ryan to 3rd so far this year without him
Bills went from 4th last year without him to 16th this year with him.
Cool... we found something we can agree on... that's progress!
Though adding Revis was a big help to the Jets defense.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #358
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Green Bay will likely beat both Denver and Carolina in the next 2 weeks so the number of undefeated teams will be going down soon.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #359
Give me a forum ...

No way Denver is going undefeated. The offense is too impotent.

GB, Pats and Carolina each seem to be real possibilities to me.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
No way Denver is going undefeated. The offense is too impotent.

GB, Pats and Carolina each seem to be real possibilities to me.
And....we agree again.

Although, the odds of anyone going undefeated are minuscule. Its just too tough to play 100% all season and a lot of teams are very evenly matched. One slip up and any team can lose to a lesser team. Pittsburgh beats Arizona one week and then loses to 1-5 KC the next. It happens all the time.