Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #421
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Atlanta is still #8 after losing 3 of their last 4 games? They lost to New Orleans, TB, and SF and almost lost to Tenn in that stretch. Those teams have a combined record of 13-22.

Look at who they've beaten...Philly, Giants, Dallas, Houston, Wash and Tenn. The best team they've beaten all season is the Giants who are 5-4. No way Atlanta is #8.

And how the hell did they get a schedule that easy?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Atlanta is still #8 after losing 3 of their last 4 games? They lost to New Orleans, TB, and SF and almost lost to Tenn in that stretch. Those teams have a combined record of 13-22.

Look at who they've beaten...Philly, Giants, Dallas, Houston, Wash and Tenn. The best team they've beaten all season is the Giants who are 5-4. No way Atlanta is #8.

And how the hell did they get a schedule that easy?
I would also rank them 8th. If you put them down further you would have to put a team with a worse record ahead of them. They beat the Giants so the only other teams you could possibly put above them are Jets and Steelers.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I would also rank them 8th. If you put them down further you would have to put a team with a worse record ahead of them. They beat the Giants so the only other teams you could possibly put above them are Jets and Steelers.
The best record doesn't equal the best team. Why cant you move a team with a worse record above them? The Jets and Steelers are both better than Atlanta. Oakland might be also.

Most times in a ranking poll like this a team will fall at least a few spots when they lose. Atlanta has lost 3 out of 4 games against bad teams and only fallen from #5 to #8.

I predict Atlanta goes 2-5 the rest of the way and finishes ....They play Carolina twice, Indy, Minn, Jax, TB and N.O. That would put them at 8-8
Old 11-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #424
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepr View Post
And he is appealing.. I am sure it will be reduced to no suspension...
  • Suh's one game suspension was reduced to a fine when he stepped on Rogers' leg.
  • Greg Hardy went from 10 to 4 games,
  • Ben Roethlisbergerwent from 6 to 4
  • Bountygate all went away
Guess I was wrong, it was upheld.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:53 AM   #425
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

NFL: 2015 Season

:-p

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1447246425.020369.jpg

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #426

Wow, the AFC South is horrible, Indy's win over Denver (which I predicted) notwithstanding. And with Andrew Luck out for 2-6 weeks for Indy, they'll probably be down with the rest of that woeful bunch. Especially if the Colts are "out of Luck" for closer to 6 weeks, that division can be won with a 7-9 record, and maybe even 6-10. Heck, the Texans and even the Titans may not be out of it.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #427

Not sure about that Ziggy. Part of the reason the Colts have looked so bad is that Luck has had a shoulder injury since game 1. They went 2-0 with Hasselback at QB. They won that last game vs Denver with a mostly healthy Luck. In other words, their pitiful performances were mostly due to bad QB play which was due to trying to play thru an injury.

I see the Colts going 4-3, possibly 5-2 the rest of the way making them 8-8 or 9-7.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #428

I'll bet the 8-0 Bengals are shaking in their boots just thinking about playing the 3-5 Texans this coming Monday night. Seriously, I hope they don't think it will be too much of a cakewalk and end up blowing a perfect season (so far) against the Texans.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #429
Give me a forum ...

Patriots hung on barely against the Giants. Well, actually a game winning FG.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #430
Give me a forum ...

Go Gostkowski! Go Pats! That was a fortunate win...

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #431
Give me a forum ...

I only watched bits and pieces of that game, thinking the Pats would pretty much win one sided. Then peeking at the score on computer saw the game was going down the wire, thinking here we go again with the Giants. Caught the last few plays and the winning FG.

No partying for the undefeated Dolphins yet .
Old 11-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #432

I knew the Giants were going to break my heart if they had to settle for a FG on their final possession. I said on my FB page when the Giants had 1st and goal down 24-23, "If the Giants settle for 3 here, they lose 27-26. Period."

I can not describe how much (in a sports context) I despise the Brady-Belichick Patriots. My one chance to salvage a crappy weekend with a relatively unimportant thing, but one that would make me happy, and the Jints crapped out against the Evil Empire.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

Old 11-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
No partying for the undefeated Dolphins yet .
I have no use for the '72 Dolphins partying every time there are no more unbeatens.

I want them to see it happen while most of them are still alive.

But please, NOT the Patriots while Belichick and Brady are there. Why can't Brady break down and wash out like Peyton is starting to do? Am I to be tormented with 5 more years of that guy? Please.... no.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Go Gostkowski! Go Pats! That was a fortunate win...
Yes it was (a lot of luck), especially after Brady threw that late goal line interception. Lucky they have Gostkowski to pull Brady's A** out of the fire.

Even so, it was a great game.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #435

Peyton Manning is embarrassing himself. He sucks so bad it's hard to fathom. He led the NFL in INTs before today and then threw 4 more today. He broke the all time passing record. Time to ride off into the sunset.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Yes it was (a lot of luck), especially after Brady threw that late goal line interception. Lucky they have Gostkowski to pull Brady's A** out of the fire.
I was hoping that he would screw up the kick like Crosby did against the Lions today. But the Evil Empire always has clutch kickers, and they kick me in the gut while they are kicking the football.

What irritates me is that Brady will be made the hero for driving (against a soft defense) into long FG position on the last possession. The deification of Brady by the sports media will continue....

Old 11-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #437

And then there is Johnny Manziel. How do you go 33-45 for 372 yards and score 9 points? Even when the Browns couldn't run the ball to save their lives? Yes, the three turnovers didn't help, but still.....

Oh, and the Saints defense. Can I even call it a defense?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Peyton Manning is embarrassing himself. He sucks so bad it's hard to fathom. He led the NFL in INTs before today and then threw 4 more today. He broke the all time passing record. Time to ride off into the sunset.
He had a rib injury and a foot injury. After the game he said he probably should have taken himself out, but being the competitor he is, he did not. 20-20 hindsight.

Brock Osweiler looked pretty good in relief the last quarter and half, but it was way too late to make a difference.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #439
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I have no use for the '72 Dolphins partying every time there are no more unbeatens.

I want them to see it happen while most of them are still alive.

But please, NOT the Patriots while Belichick and Brady are there. Why can't Brady break down and wash out like Peyton is starting to do? Am I to be tormented with 5 more years of that guy? Please.... no.
Full disclosure, I was rooting for the Giants as I'm not a Pats fan.

But like you said, I too have no use for the '72 Dolphins clinging on the glory days of one season.

That said, I do think the undefeated season streak for 3 teams are still alive is pretty cool. Kinda like a consecutive hitting streak in baseball that grows each game.

I haven't followed the Bengals. But do think the Pats and Panthers have a legit chance to go undefeated. For the Pats, the Giants might have been their biggest challenge.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #440
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
I'll bet the 8-0 Bengals are shaking in their boots just thinking about playing the 3-5 Texans this coming Monday night. Seriously, I hope they don't think it will be too much of a cakewalk and end up blowing a perfect season (so far) against the Texans.

Bengals and most successful NFL teams usually lay a clunker somewhere. If Texans defense were to play like they were supposed to this year, its within real of slim possibilities. Although I don't see it happening they would have a shot at 8-9 wins. Though Clowney is out..Going to hospital Monday to see if he has a heart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk