NFL: 2015 Season

If you dont think any of that makes a difference in a teams final record or their offense and defensive stats then you dont know football. So if you want to be realistic about your team, you really need to look beyond the surface numbers.

Here we go again..... You're the only one that knows football that's why you predicted the Pats' demise this year with the Baffalo Bills winning the division even before training camp started.:LOL:

Let's hope your team makes it to the playoffs and come to Foxboro to play the Pats and will see who wins.

Yep I was dead wrong on Buffalo. I blame that on Rex Ryan. He has everything he needs there to win. I also said KC would be really good and Atlanta stunk even after they started 5-0.
Dont worry, Im not saying your Pats aren't great because they are. Im not saying the Steelers will beat the Pats in Foxboro. The Pats will be the favorite if that happens. All I said was that the Pat's stats are inflated because they've played an easy schedule. That's not an opinion. That's a fact. Go look at the win / loss record of their opponents.

Dont worry, Im not saying your Pats aren't great because they are. Im not saying the Steelers will beat the Pats in Foxboro. The Pats will be the favorite if that happens. All I said was that the Pat's stats are inflated because they've played an easy schedule. That's not an opinion. That's a fact. Go look at the win / loss record of their opponents.

That's a contradiction. If the Pats stats are inflated then the Steelers with the uninflated stats should be better. No?

Last edited:
....If you dont think any of that makes a difference in a teams final record or their offense and defensive stats then you dont know football. So if you want to be realistic about your team, you really need to look beyond the surface numbers.

Here we go again..... You're the only one that knows football that's why you predicted the Pats' demise this year with the Baffalo Bills winning the division even before training camp started.:LOL:.....

Yep I was dead wrong on Buffalo. I blame that on Rex Ryan. He has everything he needs there to win. ....

Excuses, excuses.... so why should we believe you now? :D

That's a contradiction. If the Pats stats are inflated then the Steelers with the uninflated stats should be better. No?

I said if the Steelers play NE in Foxboro, NE will be the favorite. Playing at home is a massive advantage.

I never said either team is better.

After reading today's football post/opinions on this board, I now know where we can find replacements for Al Michaels or Chris Collinsworth if they need to take a day off.

smiley-eatdrink033.gif

After reading today's football post/opinions on this board, I now know where we can find replacements for Al Michaels or Chris Collinsworth if they need to take a day off.

smiley-eatdrink033.gif

You want me to work part time? UGH! No thanks.

smiley-eatdrink033.gif

No thanks. Happily retired and enjoying this discussion

Last edited:
Great discussion, but please refrain from the pro Pats - anti Pats arguments (or any type of arguments for that matter). Generally these arguments lead threads down the drain into thread closures.

Its a boring week. Only one game that matches two winning teams.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I think these last few weeks of the season could be "exciting", given the middle-of-the-pack, record-wise, teams that have turned their seasons around: Seahawks, Jets, Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders, Vikings, and even, maybe, the Giants and Eagles.

I must be a glutton for punishment watching Bears play the last two weeks.

As the season winds down and the excitement begins, it'd be nice to hear a little more about some of the other teams in the league. For someone like me who's a bit more casual of a fan, you can learn a lot through a balanced thread discussion.

As the season winds down and the excitement begins, it'd be nice to hear a little more about some of the other teams in the league. For someone like me who's a bit more casual of a fan, you can learn a lot through a balanced thread discussion.

I think this year is more up in the air than most years. The more dominant teams have a lot of injuries.

AFC
NE...They are getting hit with injury after injury. They seem to survive injuries better than most teams because they have less stars than most teams. They have a team full of good players who play the system perfectly so any one player is replaceable (besides Brady and Gronkowski). If they dont get a few players back by playoff time (mainly Edelman), they will be vulnerable. The WRs are pretty bad. LaFell couldnt catch a cold.

Cincinnati..They just lost their QB at least for the rest of the regular season and maybe for part of the playoffs. They have chronically lost in big games and in the playoffs anyway and I expect the same this year.

Denver..Their defense is the best in the league. Offense is a mess. Manning is hurt and old. Oswieler is getting sacked at double the pace that Manning was. He obviously cant make decisions fast enough due to inexperience. They play Pittsburgh this week and they are 5th in the league in sacks. Osweiler may spend a lot of time on his back this week. It will be interesting to see if Manning comes back or not.

Indy...Train wreck. Weak team in a weak division. No defense and the offense is down to a 3rd string QB.

Houston...Inconsistent but showing potential. Any team with a solid defense has a chance, but no team can survive 9 QB changes during a season and now Hoyer has concussion problems.

KC...They are kind of boring but very well coached and well balanced. Thats a typical Andy Reid team. They've won 7 games in a row so they have to be taken seriously. People underestimate how much turnovers affect a game and KC is 2nd in the league in turnover ratio.

Pittsburgh...They have the most explosive offense in the league but the pass defense has more holes than swiss cheese. Theyve played the toughest schedule in the league and beaten some good teams but also lost a couple games they shouldve won. If they beat Denver this week, they will all but seal a wild card spot.

Jets...Tough team to read. They are top 10 in offense AND defense but dont seem to scare a whole lot of teams. Maybe because they have a journeyman QB but he can really wing the ball all over the field. Their remaining schedule (Dallas, NE and Buffalo) is the toughest of the teams fighting for a wild card spot and I expect them to be the odd man out.

Honestly, I dont see any team other than NE, Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh winning the AFC.

PS..The stupid thing is that I seriously doubt the Patriots needed to do any of those things to win anymore than Chris Davis or Nelson Cruz needed HGH to hit home runs. They both hit a million HRs after coming back from suspension when we have to assume they were no longer on it.

Just like Barry Bonds would have been a lock first-ballot Hall of Famer if there were no strong allegations that he juiced.

Yes, but that was the way it was...Media has driven the perception change...Gaylord Perry was a celebrity in himself for "doctoring the baseball" and media loved to report on the allegations with glee. Now if he was on the mound they would be leading the parade to ban him for it. Im not commenting on this being right or wrong just how perception has changed...
Suh has been vilified for his "dirty play" in this era. In the 70s, Conrad Dobler was a celebrity for being the dirtiest player in NFL.

And Pete Rose still isn't in the Hall.

And Pete Rose still isn't in the Hall.

Yes, times have changed...Paul Hornung gambled, was suspended a year from playing and is in Hall of Fame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back to the games, the Panthers' game at the Giants will be interesting on Sunday. I wonder if the Giants will upset the undefeated Panthers as they did the Patriots back in 2007. Their defense is not as good as the 2007 team but Eli is a big game QB and his team is fighting the Redskins and Eagles for a playoffs spot. I smell an upset....

Last edited:
Never tracked or paid much attention to the Panthers in the past but personally, I'd like to see them go all the way. Looking at their remaining regular season scheduled it would seem like a good possibility. The playoff games could be a very different story. Although, as they say, on any given day, any team can be beat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom