NFL: 2015 Season

The Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 as soon as Rex left
The Bills went from 9-7 to 8-8 as soon as Rex got there and their defense went from #4 overall to #20.

Hes still a moron, but luckily the Bills did help the Steelers out.

Not a Rex fan myself but let's give him a couple of years before we crucify him.

It was another Steelers fan that called him a moron. Not me

I see that now, but, gee, I'm sort of giddy with the Steelers making the playoffs. I have a feeling that the euphoria will not be reactivated once the play-offs start.

Let's give Bill O'Brien credit. To do it with a QB carousel is good coaching.

He and his coaches deserve credit for the incredible defensive turnaround during bye week...unbelievable... But his moronic handling of inserting Mallet as starter at halftime of first game and then declaring him starter was one of the worst coaching decisions of the year...Credit does go to him for manning up and acknowledging it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to publicly thank the Texans for overcoming a 2-5 start to cover my 8.5 over season win bet winning today and getting to 9-7. Thats a $1000 more added to my stash!

It's always nice to know where some of my money is going. :facepalm: Actually, I'm about even for the year (again) but I sure didn't expect the Texans to get this far. Good game today and a pretty fair defensive effort, especially with JJ.

Last edited:
It's always nice to know where some money is going. :facepalm:

I found out the hard way about 10 years ago, its much easier picking season win total bets than it is betting the spread. I went 2-1 this year. My biggest winner was actually Panthers 8.5 over which netted me $1200. I had a third smaller $500 bet that was disastrous though, Chargers 8 over. Still a profitable year. The good thing about season win totals is you can be right and win for the wrong reasons..I definitely believed at beginning of season they would win 9, but no way in hell did I know the season would unfold the way it did,

I found out the hard way about 10 years ago, its much easier picking season win total bets than it is betting the spread.

I probably have bets on 2 or 3 games per week (most weeks). Makes the individual games a little more exciting to me. As I said, I'm about even for the regular season. Now let's see how I do in the playoffs. Good luck to you....

I probably have bets on 2 or 3 games per week (most weeks). Makes the individual games a little more exciting to me. As I said, I'm about even for the regular season. Now let's see how I do in the playoffs. Good luck to you....

Last 4 years I have went to Vegas on Wildcard weekend and have absolutely cleaned up going 12-2, ATS. I had a bad feeling "reversion to the mean" was going to come this year. It don't take many $500- $1000 losing bets to ruin a trip. Im skipping the trip this year and pocketing the profits. Will wait for April to collect my football and hockey winnings, and then put the cash to work on Masters weekend bets, next years NFL season totals, and NHL first round series bets.

Last 4 years I have went to Vegas on Wildcard weekend and have absolutely cleaned up going 12-2, ATS. I had a bad feeling "reversion to the mean" was going to come this year. It don't take many $500- $1000 losing bets to ruin a trip. Im skipping the trip this year and pocketing the profits. Will wait for April to collect my football and hockey winnings, and then put the cash to work on Masters weekend bets, next years NFL season totals, and NHL first round series bets.

You bet on the Masters? That takes courage.

No betting on baseball?

The game I enjoyed the most today was the Broncos against the Chargers. Peyton is back. It was clear to me that he won the game today for Denver, even if he only played in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Not sure he can hold up but he looked very good today and the fans sure liked his return.

You bet on the Masters? That takes courage.

No betting on baseball?

If you love championship golf betting majors is tense 4-5 hours. Every shot counts. You don't bet who wins the tourney, you bet daily pairings. They will post a dozen or so pairings, say, Tiger vs. Phil. And you bet who beats who that day. Or you can bet who will beat who over the 4 days. I like waiting mostly until Sunday and then bet against the chokers like Jim Furyk who are in the title hunt. Another strategy that works good is going against someone who went low on Saturday to get in title hunt. Very hard to back that up again on Sunday.
Baseball used to be my favorite sport, but it is so painfully boring to me anymore, so I just bet NFL, Hockey, and the majors in golf.

Just wanted to point out that the Texans did win 9 games... so much for the people complaining about a losing team going to the playoffs....

IMO, the current system is working just fine.... only one 10 win team did not make it and they could have won their last game to go....

IMO, the current system is working just fine.... only one 10 win team did not make it and they could have won their last game to go....

Of course, if the other 10-win team (the Jets) *did* win, they would have been an 11-win team and a different 10-win team (Steelers) would be out.

That said, only one non-playoff team had a better record (Jets at 10-6) than a division champion in their conference (Texans at 9-7). In the NFC, all six of the best records made it. That's not as bad as it is in many other years. I remember a year when the Patriots (I think it was NE) went 11-5 and missed the playoffs while an 8-8 divisional champ made it.

Last edited:
so much for the people complaining about a losing team going to the playoffs....

My issue is with a division winner with an inferior record hosting a playoff game.

But I don't care either way since my team has won the division for 11 of the last 13 years and we've tied the division winner the other two.

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out that the Texans did win 9 games... so much for the people complaining about a losing team going to the playoffs....

Im glad Washington and Houston both won and ended 9-7. I hate seeing non winning teams win their division. I still think something needs to be revamped though.

Packers vs Vikings. The Packers almost won another miracle comeback on a last second hail mary. Be careful what you wish for. I think the Vikings, by winning the division will have their hands full with Seattle. The Vikings, had they lost, may have been better off going back to GB.

The game I enjoyed the most today was the Broncos against the Chargers. Peyton is back. It was clear to me that he won the game today for Denver, even if he only played in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Not sure he can hold up but he looked very good today and the fans sure liked his return.

It looked to me like the offense had more jump and spark when he came into the game. That first series was more some great runs and a few short passes.. nothing impressive but effective nonetheless. I felt a bit sorry for Brock but Peyton did a good job coming in from the bench.

I dont know if the whole team got a boost from Manning coming back or what but Manning really didnt do much. The running game exploded. Manning was only 5 for 9 passing. Denver had 5 turnovers with Osweiler in there and none with Manning and only one of the turnovers was Osweiler's fault.

Denver is now in a real pickle in the off season. Osweiler is a free agent and will get several big offers to be a starter. No way Denver can keep both of them with a salary cap. Now that Manning came back, do they keep him and lose Osweiler and then have nothing soon after? Or say bye bye to Manning like the Packers did to Favre?

I dont know if the whole team got a boost from Manning coming back or what but Manning really didnt do much. The running game exploded. Manning was only 5 for 9 passing. Denver had 5 turnovers with Osweiler in there and none with Manning and only one of the turnovers was Osweiler's fault.

Denver is now in a real pickle in the off season. Osweiler is a free agent and will get several big offers to be a starter. No way Denver can keep both of them with a salary cap. Now that Manning came back, do they keep him and lose Osweiler and then have nothing soon after? Or say bye bye to Manning like the Packers did to Favre?

I'd imagine Johnny Football will be available shortly... :)

My gut says this is Peyton's last year, but I'm frequently wrong. I don't think he'll resurface on another team. Who knows maybe post playoffs he'll ER!:D

I'd imagine Johnny Football will be available shortly... :)

He will be a Cowboy next year. Jerry Jones cant resist a public relations circus under any circumstances.

He will be a Cowboy next year. Jerry Jones cant resist a public relations circus under any circumstances.

Interesting since he did not draft him when he had the chance.....

But if he does take him, at least he does not have to pay 1st round money on the guy.... can hire him for the minimum.... I do not think other teams are going to go out of their way to pick him up....

My gut says this is Peyton's last year, but I'm frequently wrong. I don't think he'll resurface on another team. Who knows maybe post playoffs he'll ER!:D

He barely survived the axe this season, taking a grudging pay cut. Except for rumors, he has kept mostly quiet I believe about next year. Bottom line he would have to take an additional cut probably anywhere. His body hopefully will tell his wallet, it isnt worth the additional year, probably on a different team.

Back
Top Bottom