NFL: 2015 Season

My gut says this is Peyton's last year, but I'm frequently wrong. I don't think he'll resurface on another team. Who knows maybe post playoffs he'll ER!:D
If he doesn't win the superbowl for this season, (he wants two SB wins) I suspect he will suffer from the OMY syndrome, again.:)

Last edited:
If he doesn't win the superbowl for this season, (he wants two SB wins) I suspect he will suffer from the OMY syndrome, again.:)

Here would be the reality he will face if he does.... Favre got millions shoved in his face to continue. Heck the Rams even tried to get him to QB a year after he retired. Nobody is going to shove that kind of money his way to continue. He is too broken down to risk big money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JIMO, the current system is working just fine.... only one 10 win team did not make it and they could have won their last game to go....

Agree, I don't see an issue with the current system and don't see a need for a change. Winning your division is a main goal for the season and over time, I think the weaker and stronger divisions sort themselves out.

Here would be the reality he will face if he does.... Favre got millions shoved in his face to continue. Heck the Rams even tried to get him to QB a year after he retired. Nobody is going to shove that kind of money his way to continue. He is too broken down to risk big money.

I think he wants another SB so bad, he'd take "another" cut in pay to try again, "if "he doesn't win the SB this year. However, I don't think he'd be happy playing as a backup, so that could be the real issue for him. As far as money, he has already taken a "small pay cut" this season (~4m) which is peanuts for him off his base salary. Heck, forget the base salary, he's making between 10 and 15m a year just in endorsements. Most of us could live pretty well just on his sideline income.:)

Last edited:
I think he wants another SB so bad, he'd take "another" cut in pay to try again, "if "he doesn't win the SB this year. However, I don't think he'd be happy playing as a backup, so that could be the real issue for him. As far as money, he took a "small cut" this year (~4m) which is peanuts for him off his base salary. Heck, forget the base salary, he's making between 10 and 15m a year just in endorsements. Most of us could live pretty well just on his sideline income.:)

I hope he doesn't follow through. He got to do his "Joe Montana" second act thing relatively good in Denver. He runs the risk of doing a "Johnny Unitas" act next year. I have no memory of Johnny U being a good QB. My only memories of him was being pitiful as a Charger and getting benched.

I hope he doesn't follow through. He got to do his "Joe Montana" second act thing relatively good in Denver. He runs the risk of doing a "Johnny Unitas" act next year. I have no memory of Johnny U being a good QB. My only memories of him was being pitiful as a Charger and getting benched.

Now that's a different story. He's not the Peyton Manning of a few years ago. No argument there. However, he's still pretty good, IMO. He may not be the passer he once was but I doubt there are many playing the game that can read a defense and adjust as well. BTW, I agree, Denver needs to think about their future after Peyton, no matter if that is next season or the year after. They need another world class "potential" QB to take his place, soon.

Last edited:
Now that's a different story. He's not the Peyton Manning of a few years ago. No argument there. However, he's still pretty good, IMO. He may not be the passer he once was but I doubt there are many playing the game that can read a defense and adjust as well. BTW, I agree, Denver needs to think about their future after Peyton, no matter if that is next season or the year after. They need another world class "potential" QB to take his place, soon.

Thats the problem. Osweiler is a free agent and will get large offers to be a starter somewhere. Theres no way Denver can resign him AND keep Manning. Not with a salary cap. So if they keep Manning to make one more run at a SB with him, they lose Osweiler and the next year they will have neither of them. Usually that ends with a 10 year stretch of horrible football.

Thats the problem. Osweiler is a free agent and will get large offers to be a starter somewhere. Theres no way Denver can resign him AND keep Manning. Not with a salary cap. So if they keep Manning to make one more run at a SB with him, they lose Osweiler and the next year they will have neither of them. Usually that ends with a 10 year stretch of horrible football.

Agree, that is a problem. However, even if Peyton would agree to take a huge pay cut, (he doesn't need his base salary anyway) so they can keep Osweiler, he (Osweiler) may not stay if he's told he's going to warm the bench.

Last edited:
Agree that is a problem. However, even if Peyton would agree to take a huge pay cut, (he doesn't need his base salary anyway) so they can keep Osweiler, he (Osweiler) may not stay if he's told he's going to warm the bench.

That would be what I think. Osweiler won't likely stay if he's going to remain a backup in Denver, so if the Broncos view him as their future at QB, they probably can't keep Manning around past this year.

That would be what I think. Osweiler won't likely stay if he's going to remain a backup in Denver, so if the Broncos view him as their future at QB, they probably can't keep Manning around past this year.

I can't think of a more capable pair to make this decision than Gary Kubiak and John Elway. They both have experience on the other side of the negotiations and emotions. Elway has said his goal is to have a playoff contender every year. Not just the next year. So far, I think he has done a pretty good job in this area.

Another thing that needs to change but wont due to money. The kickoff. Its the most useless play in football. A complete waste of time. The vast majority of kickoffs are touchbacks and nothing happens. When the ball does get returned its almost always within a few yards of the 20 anyway. They moved the extra point back (which used to be the most boring play in football) to add some excitement to the game since nobody ever missed and now more teams go for 2 points, but they will never eliminate the most boring play in football because there is a commercial before a kickoff and then another one after the kickoff.

Don't tell the KC Chiefs that.... 106 yard Kickoff return for a touchdown to start the playoffs...

Don't tell the KC Chiefs that.... 106 yard Kickoff return for a touchdown to start the playoffs...

1st play of the game, "and" it took them 11 seconds to score.

I remember when the Texans drafted Clowney with the overall #1 pick and I thought they were dumb to pick him instead of Bridgewater when they really had a big QB problem more than anything else.

Clowney has been a zero. Houston's QBs have been mostly terrible and never worse than today. I have to think they would have been an 11-12 win team that would be feared with that defense, if they had Bridgewater at QB instead of the fetid wreckage they have been trotting out all year (and won 9 games despite it).

That defense deserves a LOT better. Ignore today's point total by KC. Some of that was special teams, some of that was short field caused by QB turnovers, much of that was giving up after Watt was injured. They deserved a helluva lot better. And if Houston doesn't go ALL IN this off-season to address the QB fiasco, there may be a mutiny in the fan base.

Another thing that needs to change but wont due to money. The kickoff. Its the most useless play in football. A complete waste of time. The vast majority of kickoffs are touchbacks and nothing happens. When the ball does get returned its almost always within a few yards of the 20 anyway. They moved the extra point back (which used to be the most boring play in football) to add some excitement to the game since nobody ever missed and now more teams go for 2 points, but they will never eliminate the most boring play in football because there is a commercial before a kickoff and then another one after the kickoff.

and seven kickoff returns for touchdowns in 2015 regular season, more than in 2014. I saw an opening kickoff return once at a NE Patriots pre-season game.... pretty exciting.

Last edited:
Since it's the 50th Super Bowl I vote that KC and Green Bay play again. Can't say I'm counting on it but getting a post season win after all these years is a good start.

7 whole kickoff returns for TDs? Out of how many kick off returns. The other 99% are boring and a waste of time.

7 whole kickoff returns for TDs? Out of how many kick off returns. The other 99% are boring and a waste of time.

Maybe only 7 TDs but many more long returns. I can't see why you want to eliminate the kickoff. If you think it's boring why not modify the rules to make it more exciting. What would you propose if it is eliminated, spot the ball on the 20 YD line?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Can't believe what Cincinnati did to themselves.

+1 They had the game won at least twice and blew it. What a bunch of morons. It's going to be a long off season after losing because of a elementary lack of discipline. I feel sorry for their fans. Some players and coaches need to be fired.

Maybe only 7 TDs but many more long returns. I can't see why you want to eliminate the kickoff. If you think it's boring why not modify the rules to make it more exciting. What would you propose if it is eliminated, spot the ball on the 20 YD line?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Yes

+1 They had the game won at least twice and blew it. What a bunch of morons. It's going to be a long off season after losing because of a elementary lack of discipline. I feel sorry for their fans. Some players and coaches need to be fired.

+1. How many ways can implode be spelled? :facepalm:.

Vontaze Berfect and Pacman Jones are both thugs. They got exactly what they deserved.

However, if the refs hadnt screwed up earlier none of that ending would've mattered. Steeler LB Shazier tackled a Bengal RB who fumbled. Shazier picked it up an was running with 2 blockers and no Bengals anywhere near him for an easy TD when a ref blew the whistle blowing the play dead. I guess he thought the runner was down by contact but hes supposed to let the play run unless hes absolutely sure. No whistle was blown until Shazier had already run 25+ yards with the ball. The replay showed it was a clear fumble but since the whistle was blown, the Steelers got the ball at the recovery spot which was about 70 yards from the TD they shouldve had.

The Bengals are the dumbest team in the NFL and Marvin Lewis is now 0-7 in the playoffs and deservedly so. Two stupid personal fouls penalties on the last drive to put the Steelers in a perfect position for the winning field goal. If I was a Bengals' fan I would ask for Lewis to be fired for his inability to control his players' emotions and for another one and done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom