NFL: 2015 Season

Seahawks are now 0-2. Who'd have thunk it? Good news though... they face the Bears next weekend.

I posted here about a year ago that the beginning of the end was here for Seattle. The reason was this: Every team pays a massive percentage of their salary cap figure to their QB. Its something like 15-20%. This leaves them with the rest of the salary cap amount to pay the entire rest of the team. If you dont pay that much to your QB its because your QB stinks and you cant win with a lousy QB

The thing is that Seattle became dominant because they have a really good QB but they werent paying him any money. He was the lowest paid QB in the NFL leaving them a massive amount of money to pay the rest of their team. They built an incredible defense with that money.

The beginning of the end of dominance came when they had to finally pay Russell Wilson a huge amount of money which they just did. The problems began immediately. Now they cant pay Kam Chancellor what he believes hes worth because they dont have the money. Chancellor is being a big baby but thats anther story. Over the next couple years they will lose more star players as their contracts expire and they cant pay them. Its inevitable. I believe they already lost a player or two. They have no money to sign any real WRs.

They also made a bad trade for Jimmy Graham. They are primarily a running team and traded a great center (and a first round pick that they couldve used on a WR) for Graham. They dont even throw the ball to Graham and they have damaged their running game.

So, actually I saw this coming and won a lot of money on the game last night. They're still a great team. Just not a dominant team. Money rules in the NFL and you better know how to manage the salary cap.

Seahawks are now 0-2. Who'd have thunk it? Good news though... they face the Bears next weekend.

After week 2, time already for the Bears to think about losing out and getting a good draft pick for next year.

Seahawks will definitely beat the Bears, despite looking lackluster most of the game against the Packers. Seahawks should have done more Russel mode instead of Beast mode.

I'm a Cowboy fan, but did you see that awful game yesterday? A win is a win, but da Boys didn't look like playoff contenders. The Eagles look worse.

Now Romo and Bryant are out for a while. It will probably be a long season, one in which we thought we had a division winner. Not now.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I'm a Cowboy fan, but did you see that awful game yesterday? A win is a win, but da Boys didn't look like playoff contenders. The Eagles look worse.

Now Romo and Bryant are out for a while. It will probably be a long season, one in which we thought we had a division winner. Not now.

That division is sooooo bad that the Cowboys could actually still win it. I thought the Eagles would be a 12-4 type team but Chip Kelly may have over Kellyized the team. He tried to retool everything and it looks like he went overboard. There is no team chemistry and there is no timing at all between Bradford and the fairly mediocre WR core. He let DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin go. 2 pro bowl WRs and now has a rookie and a 2nd year guy with a QB who has only played like 6 games the last 2 1/2 yrs. Talk about rust!

One of the worst played games I can recall. Romo and Dez are out, but I wouldn't write them off yet. Defense looks good and OL is still stout, but pass blocking could have been better. It will be interesting to see who Cowboys pickup as Weeden's backup (Tebow??) and who knows, Weeden might be effective.

....Every team pays a massive percentage of their salary cap figure to their QB. Its something like 15-20%. This leaves them with the rest of the salary cap amount to pay the entire rest of the team. If you dont pay that much to your QB its because your QB stinks and you cant win with a lousy QB....

The Bears have a unique strategy on this... pay big money to a QB that stinks.... and they are finding out that you are correct...... you can't win with a lousy QB.

...The Eagles look worse. ....

The Eagles look dreadful. From the little that I saw Bradford didn't seem bad and I have always thought he had great potential but there is only so much a QB can do when they hike the ball when you are looking the other way and receivers tip the ball to the defense.

It may be time for another reboot... from the top.

... The reason was this: Every team pays a massive percentage of their salary cap figure to their QB. Its something like 15-20%. This leaves them with the rest of the salary cap amount to pay the entire rest of the team.

Unless you're The PATS with a hall of fame QB that is willing to play for substantially less than market value so the TEAM can afford to pay other players.

Unless you're The PATS with a hall of fame QB that is willing to play for substantially less than market value so the TEAM can afford to pay other players.

That always helps, but hes still making a huge percentage of their salary cap space. Its not like hes making $1 million, which is about what Russell Wilson made last year.

Oh well, wait till next season.....

Attachments

• 10-3-saints-fans-3_4.jpg
    10-3-saints-fans-3_4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5

As I mentioned before, it's much easier to take a pay cut if your supermodel wife is worth $400 million. None of these people should be struggling financially but most of them need to support a family for the next 50 years and are the sole breadwinner so they need to get what they can while they can.

I hope the Cardinals are for real. Yesterday's game against the Bears no real test.

Palmer has a great record with the Cardinals. If he can stay healthy, I think they the Cardinals are for real.

After week 2, time already for the Bears to think about losing out and getting a good draft pick for next year.

Seahawks will definitely beat the Bears, despite looking lackluster most of the game against the Packers. Seahawks should have done more Russel mode instead of Beast mode.

Play the Bears, get better. Playing for draft pick no. Back to the cubs and then on to the Bulls. Have a nice thread.

As I mentioned before, it's much easier to take a pay cut if your supermodel wife is worth $400 million. None of these people should be struggling financially but most of them need to support a family for the next 50 years and are the sole breadwinner so they need to get what they can while they can.

Even before he married his supermodel wife in 2009 Brady was not among the top paid QBs in the league.

It's an organization's philosophy to not overpay for any position and a QB who is willing to exchange compensation for winning. Their superior management of the salary cap is what made them the most successful team in the last 15 years.

Last edited:
Baseball needs a salary cap so we can find out who the best teams are, not the richest teams. We already know who they are.

Well, it seems as if the Steelers have not yet found someone to replace their injured kicker. The new and not-improved kicker, Josh Scobee missed two field goal attempts in the Steeler's opener. In their second game, the Steelers opted not to kick for the extra point on their first two touchdowns and went for the two point play (successful both times). On their third touchdown they went for one point with Scobee--and he missed. Hope he improves quickly or just goes away.

Well, it seems as if the Steelers have not yet found someone to replace their injured kicker. The new and not-improved kicker, Josh Scobee missed two field goal attempts in the Steeler's opener. In their second game, the Steelers opted not to kick for the extra point on their first two touchdowns and went for the two point play (successful both times). On their third touchdown they went for one point with Scobee--and he missed. Hope he improves quickly or just goes away.

Scooby Doo (my nickname for Scobee) SUCKS! As a Steeler fan, I want his head on a platter....or just for him to be cut. Either is fine.

I'm pretty sure that was the first time in history that a team went for 2 after the first score of the game. Going for 2 will happen a lot more now that they start at the 2 yd line instead of the 2 1/2 and the extra point is moved way back, but I don't think anyone anticipated a team going for 2 right off the bat. It does add excitement to the game so I like it in general.

is there any team worse than the Texans? we're horrible

Oh, come on... you gotta be better than the Bears.

Noticed that Jax beat Miami yesterday... that was a surprise.

The Bears have the highest negative point differential(by far). You're right up there(or down there) with the Bears as the two worst teams so far.

I wouldn't push panic button yet...I kind of had them 0-2 out the gate. As bad as it has appeared offensively they have managed to stay competitive in both games... This weeks game is a must win game vs. Bucs though.....They could still wind up on periphery of playoff chase with a slight uptick in offense. Their schedule gives them a punchers chance to win 9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's an organization's philosophy to not overpay for any position and a QB who is willing to exchange compensation for winning. Their superior management of the salary cap is what made them the most successful team in the last 15 years.

...and a facet of 'superior management of the salary cap' is finding diamonds in the rough--like 6th round pick Brady, among others--and turning them into great players.

But I do seem to have heard somewhere that Brady got some future 'consideration' for taking the salary hit. Not entirely an altruistic move.

Back
Top Bottom