NFL: 2015 Season

...and a facet of 'superior management of the salary cap' is finding diamonds in the rough--like 6th round pick Brady, among others--and turning them into great players.

But I do seem to have heard somewhere that Brady got some future 'consideration' for taking the salary hit. Not entirely an altruistic move.

Looks like Brady actually got a pay raise as long as his skills don't go down significantly.
Source: Tom Brady restructures deal to help Patriots free up cash, earns extra $3 million in process | The Blitz | with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Boston Herald

Scooby Doo (my nickname for Scobee) SUCKS! As a Steeler fan, I want his head on a platter....or just for him to be cut. Either is fine.

I'm pretty sure that was the first time in history that a team went for 2 after the first score of the game. Going for 2 will happen a lot more now that they start at the 2 yd line instead of the 2 1/2 and the extra point is moved way back, but I don't think anyone anticipated a team going for 2 right off the bat. It does add excitement to the game so I like it in general.

Finally, finally, we completely agree on something. Actually, I agree with everything you said in your post. Try to keep up the good work. :)

Unless the men of steel have an exceptional kicker they should go for two every time.

By season's end we just might then see other teams follow suit.

is there any team worse than the Texans? we're horrible

I've followed the Texans since they were founded (~2002). I've seen most of their games and the first two this season are among their worse.

Last edited:
I have season tickets to the Texans and told my wife I can not go watch the games. Makes me sick I spent that much money to watch their performance

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Texans are just another team that hasn't figured out you cant win without a franchise QB. Or maybe they have but there's only about 10 to go around and if you don't land one, its like musical chairs and you are the guy with no chair.

If you don't have a franchise QB, your only other chance is to build a smothering defense. Trying to have balanced offense and defense without a franchise QB doesn't work. Trying to spend a bunch of money to put superstar offensive skill players around a marginal QB doesn't work.

Franchise QB or smothering defense is the only way.

Texans are just another team that hasn't figured out you cant win without a franchise QB. Or maybe they have but there's only about 10 to go around and if you don't land one, its like musical chairs and you are the guy with no chair.

If you don't have a franchise QB, your only other chance is to build a smothering defense. Trying to have balanced offense and defense without a franchise QB doesn't work. Trying to spend a bunch of money to put superstar offensive skill players around a marginal QB doesn't work.

Franchise QB or smothering defense is the only way.

True, but OLine has been a mess. Get their QB some time and running lanes and things can change. Heck even wild Brandon Weeden stepped off the sidelines cold and pitched 8 straight completions when Romo went down. They also aren't getting the T-overs early on like the D did last year. A little disappointed they didn't let Hoyer start 3 games before panicking. He is certainly no franchise QB, but many people do not know this stat. During his Cleveland years he was 7-5 as starting QB. When he was hurt or not starting the teams record was something like 7-29. Things can change quickly in NFL. Get the must win at home vs. Bucs this weekend and all is not lost yet. Lose this one....ya its about over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things can change quickly in NFL. Get the must win at home vs. Bucs this weekend and all is not lost yet. Lose this one....ya its about over.

Agreed and I am considering a "small bet" on them (just out of a little remaining hope and loyalty) It's about the only thing that will give me some interest in watching the game.

Agreed and I am considering a "small bet" on them (just out of a little remaining hope and loyalty) It's about the only thing that will give me some interest in watching the game.

Offense moves the ball just enough to keep D from getting worn down... 17-10... Texans get the win and Car-Guy covers the spread by a half point and everybody goes home a winner! :)

not a big gambler but at this point I wouldn't be taking the Texans regardless of the spread - our offense is horrendous

now the Houston Cougars on the other hand.....15 points at home vs Tx State...

Alas, the Seahawks seem to actually believe the hype that surrounds them.

Being a Bears fan, I hate when the Packers win. But I did enjoy Rodgers picking on Sherman making him look slow more than once.

That said, the Bears are in for a whopping by the Seahawks come Sunday. Gotta be a realist. :(

These rankings are just as dumb as the old college rankings. Teams aren't way better or way worse just because they lost or won a game. They are as good as they are. All these ranking tell us is that the person making them doesn't know who is better than who and changes his mind every week. Does anyone really think Atlanta is better than Seattle? Atlanta is 2-0 because they played the Giants who stink and the Eagles who are playing terrible right now. Atlanta will finish 8-8 at best. They arent the 10th best team just because they won their first 2 games.

You make a good point.... while I'm no fan of the Seahawks, there are at least 3-4 teams ranked ahead of them who have no business being ranked ahead of them. They lead GB at the end of the third quarter but are ranked 10 places lower? Crazy.

I don't see the Bears on that list, but they should move up into the top 10 after they beat the Seahawks next week.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I don't see the Bears on that list, but they should move up into the top 10 after they beat the Seahawks next week.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Now, if they traded for Matt Cassel like the Cowboys, then maybe. :)

I'd much rather have Cassel than Cutler. Even when Cutler is healthy.

Last edited:
Cassel has the 4th lowest Total QBR of any QB since 2012. He did a credible job in NE when Brady was out because he had a team with 16-0 caliber talent. If thats not bad enough, Weeden has the absolute worst Total QBR since 2012. Good luck Jerry Jones.

These rankings are just as dumb as the old college rankings. Teams aren't way better or way worse just because they lost or won a game. They are as good as they are. All these ranking tell us is that the person making them doesn't know who is better than who and changes his mind every week. Does anyone really think Atlanta is better than Seattle? Atlanta is 2-0 because they played the Giants who stink and the Eagles who are playing terrible right now. Atlanta will finish 8-8 at best. They arent the 10th best team just because they won their first 2 games.

Cowboys dropped due to loss of Romo, no surprise. Also lost McClain, so now they are down 4 starters from beginning of season.

Steelers plan to keep going for the 2 pt conversion, even when they dont need to. Last weeks game was the first time in 17 yrs that any team has gone for 2 in the first quarter.

Cowboys dropped due to loss of Romo, no surprise. Also lost McClain, so now they are down 4 starters from beginning of season.

Cowboys should've dropped further. They are in real trouble due to injuries and the loss of Murray. They didn't play very well at all in the first 2 games anyway.

Back
Top Bottom