NFL: 2015 Season

+1
Not knowing what day it is is the life I aspire to

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I'm finding that the only days I really do need to remember are "taking out the trash days" and "doctor appointment days". Anyhow, FI by 2024, hopefully you will not need to know what day it is before 2024 comes around. In any case, 2024 will come around more quickly than you can imagine.

Furthermore, I think that the Steelers have one of the worst head coaches in the league (this being the NFL thread). I know he's won two Super Bowls, but he did it with Bill Cowher's team.

I'm finding that the only days I really do need to remember are "taking out the trash days" and "doctor appointment days". Anyhow, FI by 2024, hopefully you will not need to know what day it is before 2024 comes around. In any case, 2024 will come around more quickly than you can imagine.

Furthermore, I think that the Steelers have one of the worst head coaches in the league (this being the NFL thread). I know he's won two Super Bowls, but he did it with Bill Cowher's team.

Most people would say Tomlin is one of the top 10 coaches. He may have had a lot of Cowhers players in his first SB win but his second was 5 yrs after Cowher retired. There were very few Cowher players left by then.

I'll say this. We will find out how good Tomlin is when Rothlisberger is gone. I say the same thing about Bellichik. The true test is how good he is without Brady.

I'll say this. We will find out how good Tomlin is when Rothlisberger is gone. I say the same thing about Bellichik. The true test is how good he is without Brady.

The Patriots went 11-5 in 2007 with Matt Casell as their starting QB...

Last edited:
The Patriots went 11-5 in 2007 with Matt Casell as their starting QB.

A 5 game drop off from 16-0 the season before with Brady. Lets see what he does with a 12-4 quality team that loses Brady the next season (whenever that happens which will be pretty soon). If losing Brady costs them 5 games, they will be 7-9. Time will tell.

Well I need to get back into the football season routine. I'll be stocking up on beer and chips and placing my final bets today. Tomorrow (Sunday) is going to be awesome with the (week 1) games stating at noon (central) and lasting until ~11pm.

Last edited:
A 5 game drop off from 16-0 the season before with Brady. Lets see what he does with a 12-4 quality team that loses Brady the next season (whenever that happens which will be pretty soon). If losing Brady costs them 5 games, they will be 7-9. Time will tell.

Brady has 3 years left on his contract. I suspect he'll finish it out then retire. Brady took less money so NE could bring in more talent around him. They have the best "supporting class" of any team. They will likely be a playoff team even without Brady. Not many top level QBs are willing to take such a big pay cut. It helps to have a wife worth $400 million.

I seriously doubt the Pats would make the playoffs right now without Brady. If you pick the teams with the top 10 QBs, and make them play the whole season with their backup QB, almost every one of those teams would flounder and not make the playoffs.

I would say Seattle has the best supporting class of any team. NE's defense is very avg. They have no CBs. Pittsburgh just put up 464 yards on them. Rothlisberger threw for 351 yds. NE won because Brady shredded Pitts defense which is pretty avg also. You seriously think that NE wouldve won that game without Brady?

You seriously think that NE wouldve won that game without Brady?

No. I said NE would probably be a playoff team without Brady. That doesn't mean they'd win the AFC without him. Pittsburg is probably the 3rd best team in the AFC as is so NE without Brady would not likely be better than Pittsburg. They may still be able to get a wild card though with a 9-7 or 10-6 record.

The PATS went 10-6 when Brady returned from his injury the following year. My point is Belichick has proven he can win without Brady for a full season.

Corporateburnout, for God's sake, please don't let facts get in the Hatriot's way.

I have seen the Patriots look ragged early in the season many years and improve over the course of the season and position themselves to contend in the post-season.

Corporateburnout, for God's sake, please don't let facts get in the Hatriot's way.

I have seen the Patriots look ragged early in the season many years and improve over the course of the season and position themselves to contend in the post-season.

The facts are that the Pats had the only 16-0 season ever in 2007. They were freakishly good and Brady had a career year. The following year with almost all the same players they dropped off 5 games to 11-5 without Brady. Brady is probably the best QB of all time, due to the fact that he wins every year with average WRs and different average WRs every year. Im not sure why you would argue that.

When hes gone, the Pats will struggle just like every team struggles when they dont have a franchise QB. The Pats have 11-5 or 12-4 talent right now and if Brady retired at the end of the season they would go 8-8 at best next year. Its the same for the Steelers (my team) without Rothlisberger. Just about the only way you go from one franchise QB to another immediately is to suck like the Colts did when Peyton was injured all season and they got the first pick. The Pats wont suck in Brady's last season so they wont get a top pick to use a QB on and they will struggle for a few years. That's no disrespect to the Pats. Its just how the NFL works. Its almost impossible to win without a franchise QB.

The whole point was that Brady made Belichick's career. Not the other way around.

Facts:

Belichick coached Cleveland for 4 years and went 36-44 and had only one winning season.
He coached NE in 2000 and went 5-11 in the only season that Brady didn't start any games. His only losing season in NE. Brady came along soon after and suddenly Belichick is a genius?

Lets see what he does when Brady leaves and see if hes still a genius.

....Brady is probably the best QB of all time, due to the fact that he wins every year with average WRs and different average WRs every year. ....

At least we can agree on something. :D

I think Brady and Belichick feed off of each other..... the Pats would not be as good a team without Brady and at the same time Brady would not be as great a QB without Belichick (and the NE coaching staff).

At least we can agree on something. :D

I think Brady and Belichick feed off of each other..... the Pats would not be as good a team without Brady and at the same time Brady would not be as great a QB without Belichick (and the NE coaching staff).

+1.

I could not have said it any better.

Whether or not Belichick is a great coach, you are completely fooling yourself if you think the Pats will make the playoffs in the first season that Brady is gone. I'm relishing in every game that Rothlisberger plays because I know what could be next and you should be doing the same thing.

Whether or not Belichick is a great coach, you are completely fooling yourself if you think the Pats will make the playoffs in the first season that Brady is gone. I'm relishing in every game that Rothlisberger plays because I know what could be next and you should be doing the same thing.

If they have a 1000+ yrd rusher and a decent defense, then they have a pretty good chance with an average quarterback. Cincinnati got a wild card last year with a mediocre quarterback and an 1100 yrd rusher.

Last edited:
If they have a 1000+ yrd rusher and a decent defense, then they have a pretty good chance with an average quarterback. Cincinnati got a wild card last year with a mediocre quarterback and an 1100 yrd rusher.

Maybe but NE doesnt have an 1100 yard rusher and I would say Dalton is better than mediocre

Maybe but NE doesnt have an 1100 yard rusher and I would say Dalton is better than mediocre

But they may have a 1100 yds rusher 3 years from now. I haven't seen Dalton play much, i'm just going by his stats. 16th most Yds, 17th most TDs, T3rd Most Ints. Seems mediocre to me.

I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't been moved to the political or religious war forum. Go Rams!

Well I need to get back into the football season routine. I'll be stocking up on beer and chips and placing my final bets today. Tomorrow (Sunday) is going to be awesome with the (week 1) games stating at noon (central) and lasting until ~11pm.

Yay! It's why we still still have not cut the cord: For the NFL red zone.

I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't been moved to the political or religious war forum. Go Rams!
Your Rams have given my Seahawks a run for the money over their recent games. Tomorrow, Sunday morning here, St. Louis vs. Seattle, I say: Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Your Rams have given my Seahawks a run for the money over their recent games. Tomorrow, Sunday morning here, St. Louis vs. Seattle, I say: Go Hawks!

As a Seattle fan, are you over the Super Bowl debacle yet? That was one of the most heart breaking plays in sports history (not trying to rub it in).

As a Seattle fan, are you over the Super Bowl debacle yet? That was one of the most heart breaking plays in sports history (not trying to rub it in).
As you might have read in the 2014 Season thread, I got over it within days. I'm having a difficult time watching the Seahawk offense against this tough Rams team this today, however.

Wow...another stupid call by Pete Carroll. Onside kick to start overtime? Horrible!

Back
Top Bottom