NFL: 2015 Season

The Texans "beat" themselves today... They should have taken Hoyer out of the game "much" sooner. Well at least the Seahawks got beat today too, even if it did take OT. :)

Last edited:
Ouch! 0-1 to start the season. And GB next week ain't gonna be no picnic either.

Could not have been better for us Packer fans. Now, if we lose against Seattle, we still have the same record. Yes, you would have the tie breaker. Should be a very good game.

Carroll said in the post-game interview, at 1:10, that he didn't call for the onside kick. It was supposed to have been kicked way farther down the field, but the play wasn't executed correctly.

Carroll may not have called for an onside kick, but that wasnt mis-execution. Mis-execution would be attempting to kick the ball 40 yards but it goes 25 yards. He intentionally popped the ball straight up into the air about 10 yards almost like a chip shot in golf. The refs even thought he kicked it down into the ground to make it pop up. He must've thought someone called for an onside kick.

Wow...another stupid call by Pete Carroll. Onside kick to start overtime? Horrible!

Someone sent me this after the Super Bowl and I got a chuckle out of it... it sounds like poor Pete is solidifying his credentials for the position (except fewer people today). :D

As a NE fan we suffered through Pete for too many years so you Seahawk fans have our sympathies.

Pete Carroll, former head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, is reported to be very near to signing on as a special consultant to The Pope in Vatican City. The Pope looks to recruit Carroll to be a spokesman for the Catholic Church because he is the first man in history that made 100 million people jump up and yell "Jesus Christ!" at the same time.

One thing is for sure, we will find out this year if Murray made the OL or if the OL made Murray.

One game doesnt prove anything but so far the pendulum is leaning towards it being Murray who made the OL great.

Murray averaged 4.7 yd/carry
Cowboy RBs last night avg was 3.5 yd/carry
a 25% drop

2104 Cowboys were #2 rushing team (147 per game)
2015 Cowboys are 19th so far (80 last night)

And that's against a pretty bad Giants team who was 30th against the rush last season.

I bet the Cowboys dont have 3 OL in the pro bowl again this season.

One game doesnt prove anything .

I'd agree with that, but you are premature to be declaring victory. Lets see where things are mid-season. Any how, with Dez out, that may put more pressure on the running game & OL, and more throws to the backs. Dunbar is good in that regard.

I'm not saying about how good or bad the Cowboys are. I'm just saying the Cowboys attitude that any RB can run behind that OL was a big mistake.

Last edited:
I'm not saying about how good or bad the Cowboys are. I'm just saying the Cowboys attitude that any RB can run behind that OL was a big mistake.

I understood that, but it is too early to determine whether they were wrong or right.

I understood that, but it is too early to determine whether they were wrong or right.
+1, for any team. Our team was fortunate to win their first game, could have gone either way...lots and lots more football to be played. Just glad the season has started again! Still one of my favorite ads...

Last edited:
How about the real "Johnny Football" as in Marcus Mariota? Four TD's, no interceptions in the first half. Of course, he played against the Bucs, but still a pretty impressive debut.

TAMPA – Amid the euphoria that circulated through the visitor's locker room at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, Taylor Lewan wasn't quite sure what to make of Marcus Mariota's perfect passer rating.

Mariota left his NFL rookie debut after three quarters, with his team up 42-7, with 4 TD passes and with that all-too-difficult-to-define passer rating of 158.3.

Bell: Marcus Mariota perfect, if only for a day

I will say that there's no way the Cowboys are going 12-4 again. The running game wont be as good. The defense is missing a few key players. Sean Lee will be hurt by game 6. But most importantly their schedule is much tougher than last year. First place teams play a first place schedule which is always much tougher.

I'll put them at 10-6, battling to the very last game to win the division.

How about the real "Johnny Football" as in Marcus Mariota? Four TD's, no interceptions in the first half. Of course, he played against the Bucs, but still a pretty impressive debut.

Bell: Marcus Mariota perfect, if only for a day

No arguing over whether Rogers or Brady is the MVP. For at least one week it wasn't either of them(they were both top 5), it was some guy named Mariota...whoever that is.

Bears vs Packers...

Same old Culter, finding the worse time to throw an interception. Same old Rodgers, carrying the Packers on his shoulders.

Passing 4 straight times on the 2 yard line when the Packers couldn't stop Forte must have been the ghost of Trestman past.

But.. at least the new look Bears look like a team worth watching this year.

John Fox brings structure to the team instead of the chaos of the last two years.

Murray had 1.1 yd average against the Falcons. What is your conclusion now?

Murray had 1.1 yd average against the Falcons. What is your conclusion now?

Touche....I knew that was coming.

The Eagles were behind the whole game though so he barely got used. Its just one game but so far I would call it a draw. Both Murray and the Cowboys OL looked worse without the other.

He did score 2 TDs though

Last edited:
Broncos took the Chiefs last night as I expected $$$.:dance: Mistakes were made on both sides but is was an interesting and entertaining game. Manning seemed to do pretty well for an old man, once he warmed up.:)

Last edited:
Seahawks are now 0-2. Who'd have thunk it? Good news though... they face the Bears next weekend.

Seahawks are now 0-2. Who'd have thunk it? Good news though... they face the Bears next weekend.

Do they even have to show up for that game? It should just be a gimme.

Back
Top Bottom