NFL: 2015 Season

NE beat Buffalo in a game that I thought Buffalo would win, but NE gave up 32 points to what has always been an anemic offense.

The score was 37-13 NE late in the fourth so most of Buffalo's points were in garbage time.

Last edited:
19 points is a lot of garbage time points. You can call it garbage time. I will call it Buffalo knew they had to open it up and NE couldn't stop them. Buffalo had an outside chance of tying the game. I doubt GB thought Seattle could come back in last years Championship game but GB watched the SB from home. You think Belicick was happy with the defense in the 4th quarter?

19 points is a lot of garbage time points. You can call it garbage time. I will call it Buffalo knew they had to open it up and NE couldn't stop them. Buffalo had an outside chance of tying the game. I doubt GB thought Seattle could come back in last years Championship game but GB watched the SB from home. You think Belicick was happy with the defense in the 4th quarter?

All he cares about is the W.

It's only 3 games into the season so it's too early to predict what is going to happen. Any major injury to a critical player as you should know with your QB may change the whole season so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Last edited:
All he cares about is the W.

If that was true he would be a horrible coach. He cares about everything. You can bet on Tuesday they were working on their prevent defense or whatever defense they use when they have a good lead.

If that was true he would be a horrible coach. He cares about everything. You can bet on Tuesday they were working on their prevent defense or whatever defense they use when they have a good lead.

Horrible coach:LOL::LOL::LOL:

He is 3-0 and Rex is 2-1 that's want counts. Division wins are the most important.

Last edited:
Why do you twist everything I say? I said if all he cared about was a win he would be a horrible coach. He doesn't only care about a win. No coach only cares about a win. They are always trying to improve and fix mistakes even when they win. Giving up 19 points in less than a quarter and allowing your opponent a chance to win a game you had well in hand is a big mistake. So you can bet, he addressed that and worked on their prevent defense in practice last week.

Why do you twist everything I say? I said if all he cared about was a win he would be a horrible coach. He doesn't only care about a win. No coach only cares about a win. They are always trying to improve and fix mistakes even when they win. Giving up 19 points in less than a quarter and allowing your opponent a chance to win a game you had well in hand is a big mistake. So you can bet, he addressed that and worked on their prevent defense in practice last week.

I got your point but I'll bet you Belichick was more upset with his and his offensive coordinator's play calling rather than his defense giving up 19 points in the fourth quarter. Two failed fourth down conversions when they should have punted the ball and continuing to throw the football causing a Brady's strip sack fumble rather than run it to milk the clock.

As I stated earlier it's too early to make prediction after only three games. I like to wait for a larger sample of about 9 or 10 games before I make my predictions.

The longer you wait to make a prediction, the less it means. Go out on a limb. Who do you pick for the SB right now?

Doesn't Belichick decide if they go for it on 4th down? I would be surprised if he doesnt.

The longer you wait to make a prediction, the less it means. Go out on a limb. Who do you pick for the SB right now?

Doesn't Belichick decide if they go for it on 4th down? I would be surprised if he doesnt.

I said: Belichick was more upset with his and his offensive coordinator's play calling.

My prediction is that the Pats and Packers will be playing in the SB barring any major injuries to key players especially Brady and Rodgers.

...and a facet of 'superior management of the salary cap' is finding diamonds in the rough--like 6th round pick Brady, among others--and turning them into great players.

But I do seem to have heard somewhere that Brady got some future 'consideration' for taking the salary hit. Not entirely an altruistic move.

An article in SI today that states how underpaid Brady is and how he got a $3 million raise over the next three years but gave up $24 million in guaranteed money to allow the team to sign other players.

Tom Brady is the NFL's most Underpaid Player | The MMQB with Peter King

Offense moves the ball just enough to keep D from getting worn down... 17-10... Texans get the win and Car-Guy covers the spread by a half point and everybody goes home a winner! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car-Guy, I just about called the game (19-9) the way it played out didn't I? Hopefully you stayed with the bet! I was in Vegas last week but too chicken to bet it. They are getting their 3 time All Pro lineman back for first time this year. Maybe that will help a bit next week.

My prediction is that the Pats and Packers will be playing in the SB barring any major injuries to key players especially Brady and Rodgers.

I think I'd agree with that "at this point in time" and with those caveats. If either QB were to get hurt (or banned for a few games for some reason :)) then that would certainly change things.

NE and GB are the front runner at this early point. That's too easy though. Lets say Brady and Rodgers get hurt. Now who gets to the SB?

In the AFC, I really like Buffalo but I think inexperience at QB will kill them in the playoffs. Pittsburgh had a real shot but now, unless Vick plays like he did a few years ago for Philly, they will be swimming upstream all season. The Colts look terrible. Manning can barely throw the ball 15 yards with any oomph.

I would have to pick Kansas City. They have a top RB, a QB who makes very few mistakes and a very good defense, even though Rodgers shredded them..

In the NFC, I'll take Arizona.

Car-Guy, I just about called the game (19-9) the way it played out didn't I? Hopefully you stayed with the bet! I was in Vegas last week but too chicken to bet it. They are getting their 3 time All Pro lineman back for first time this year. Maybe that will help a bit next week.

Yes you did. Also, stayed with the bet but I kept it small ($100) :facepalm: Strange, I just got back from Vegas too (last week). Still plenty "warm" there and wow, that a was a long drive. (I guess these long drives are getting to me a little more as I get older) Had a few good days at the tables and few that "well" were not as good. All in all, not a bad trip.

I can't see the Texans beating the Falcons this week. And I doubt they will win many more this season unless they can find a quality QB.

Let's see, I've just about given up on the Texans, Romo is hurt so the Cowboys are in trouble so that only leaves me with Denver (and an aging Manning) to root for. Maybe I'll need to add another team, like Green Bay as one of my favorites. I like them and I think Rodgers is just entering his prime.

Last edited:
If either QB were to get hurt (or banned for a few games for some reason :))

Not sure if you heard but the banning is out of question for this year. The appellate court will not hear arguments until the first of February.;)

NE and GB are the front runner at this early point. That's too easy though. Lets say Brady and Rodgers get hurt. Now who gets to the SB?
That's harder. Bengals or Broncos against the Falcons or Cardinals based on the first few games. I'd like to see the Broncos make it but I'm not sure Peyton at his age and condition can hold up the entire season.

Not sure if you heard but the banning is out of question for this year. The appellate court will not hear arguments until the first of February.;)
Yes I had heard that but, with the Patriots history, he (Brady) (or his coach) could get caught on lot's of other violations. I suspect Goodell is having them watched pretty close.

Last edited:
Yes you did. Also, stayed with the bet but I kept it small ($100) :facepalm: Strange, I just got back from Vegas too (last week). Still plenty "warm" there and wow, that a was a long drive. (I guess these long drives are getting to me a little more as I get older) Had a few good days at the tables and few that "well" were not as good. All in all, not a bad trip.

I can't see the Texans beating the Falcons this week. And I doubt they will win many more this season unless they can find a quality QB.

Let's see, I've just about given up on the Texans, Romo is hurt so the Cowboys are in trouble so that only leaves me with Denver (and an aging Manning) to root for. Maybe I'll need to add another team, like Green Bay as one of my favorites. I like them and I think Rodgers is just entering his prime.

I struggled but pulled a $1k profit despite an under .500 betting record. Got screwed by Colts not stopping last drive and not covering spread. A couple dumb halftime bets later and next thing you know I am dropping $3k and hanging on with a win and cover thanks to the Broncos. Won big on Spieth winning golf tourney, then proceed to give part of that back on baseball. But the main purpose was to get my yearly hockey bets in. $2k each on Avalanche 86.5 over and Stars 96.5 over. My favorite time of year when football and hockey are rolling at the same time.

Yes I had heard that but, with the Patriots history, he (Brady) (or his coach) could get caught on lot's of other violations. I suspect Goodell is having them watched pretty close.

Goodell and his kangoroo court :LOL::LOL::LOL:

We saw what happened when a real court ruled.

Last edited:
Goodell and his kangoroo court :LOL::LOL::LOL:

We saw what happened when a real court ruled.
Well I agree with that. I had often said, before Judge Berman's ruling, that they didn't have any real evidence that could have convicted him in a real world court. I could go on but I don't want to hijack this thread with yet another round of deflategate BS. We need some new cheating allegations or poor officiating :nonono: (that's not hard to find) to complain about.

I often wonder how many games have been won (or lost) due to bad calls.

Last edited:
Poor officiating you say? OK, how about the obvious low hit on Roethlisberger that wasn't penalized and / or fined? I know Im a Steeler fan which could make me biased but I watch more football than just about anyone and trust me, the NFL does not protect Roethlisberger like other QBs for some reason.

The illegal hit doesnt have to be intentional or malicious to be penalized or draw a fine. It just has to be illegal and dangerous. Can anyone say that one wasnt? You cant hit a QB anywhere near the lower leg area especially when all his weight is planted on that leg.

There's 2 reasons for that. They are tryign to protect people from injury but more importantly for the NFL, nobody wants to watch Vick, Flynn or Garrapolo when they could be watching Big Ben, Brady or Rodgers.

Scooby Doo costs the Steelers the game. Mike Tomlin needs his head examined. Why did he not cut this guy when he missed 2 FGs on week1? Why did he not cut him when he missed an extra point in week 2? The Eagles' kicker is out for the season and the next day they signed Caleb Sturgis who used to kick for Miami. There are always plenty of kickers floating around.

Why did we sign Vick. Of the 44 QBs that have thrown 100 passes the last 2 years, Vick has the absolute lowest Total QB rating. Why did Tomlin go for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter with a bad QB when he could punt and bury the Ravens.

Why did Tomlin let Vick throw on 4th and 1 in OT when he has one of the best RBs in football. Vick is terrible.

Im sick over this game. I didnt expect to win all of our games with Vick in there, but this one was given away with stupid decisions.

Scooby Doo costs the Steelers the game. Mike Tomlin needs his head examined. Why did he not cut this guy when he missed 2 FGs on week1? Why did he not cut him when he missed an extra point in week 2? The Eagles' kicker is out for the season and the next day they signed Caleb Sturgis who used to kick for Miami. There are always plenty of kickers floating around.

Why did we sign Vick. Of the 44 QBs that have thrown 100 passes the last 2 years, Vick has the absolute lowest Total QB rating. Why did Tomlin go for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter with a bad QB when he could punt and bury the Ravens.

Why did Tomlin let Vick throw on 4th and 1 in OT when he has one of the best RBs in football. Vick is terrible.

Im sick over this game. I didnt expect to win all of our games with Vick in there, but this one was given away with stupid decisions.

Went to bed with the Steelers up 20-7 and Vick was doing good. This morning I found out they lost in OT. Bummer I was wishing for a Steelers win because I'm not a fan of Harbaugh, Flaco and the Ravens.

Having Vick throw it on 4th down does not make sense to me when Bell had 129 yards rushing.

I agree with you on Scobee. They should have signed another kicker after week 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom