NFL: 2015 Season

Denver's offense is anemic. They are ranked 26th in the league. I dont know how they could be the 4th best team in the league even though the defense is really good. Also don't believe for a second that the Jets are the 9th best team. I might move Oakland up a bit also. They have good young players at the skill offensive skill positions (hard to believe that came out of my mouth)

It was the wrong call but in my opinion people are making way too big a deal of it. No flag being thrown had no bearing on the result of the play. Refs could call holding on almost every play but they rarely call it if it is on the back side of the play and the holding doesnt give the RB an advantage.

Do we really want flags thrown every single time there's a penalty? The game would take 6 hours.

In this particular play, the Seattle defender batted the ball out of the back of the end zone which is illegal but there was not a Lion player within 6 yards of him and the ball bounced right up into his arms. The Seattle player easily couldve just grabbed the ball with nobody to stop him but he batted out if the end zone instead most likely because he didnt know the rule.

It's my understanding that a penalty would have allowed the Lions to retain possession, which may very well have changed the outcome.

It's my understanding that a penalty would have allowed the Lions to retain possession, which may very well have changed the outcome.

That's correct. What I'm saying is that there are all kinds of penalties that aren't called because the illegal act itself that could've been penalized didn't affect the play. A lot of times a running back makes a long run but the only reason he was able to do it was because an offensive lineman held the defensive lineman that would've tackled the running back. A flag is thrown and the long run is nullified.

There are lots of times when an offensive lineman holds a defensive lineman but the running back went the other way and it had no effect on the play. Sometimes they throw a flag and sometimes they dont.

In this case, if the guy hadn't batted the ball out of bounds he almost certainly would've just grabbed the ball and it would've been Seattle's ball anyway. There was no Lion that had any chance to recover the fumble so the illegal act of batting the ball didn't change anything. So, yes, a flag could've been thrown but like I said earlier if you watch every play closely a flag can be thrown on almost every play. Someone is always holding someone.

Denver's offense is anemic. They are ranked 26th in the league. I dont know how they could be the 4th best team in the league even though the defense is really good. Also don't believe for a second that the Jets are the 9th best team. I might move Oakland up a bit also. They have good young players at the skill offensive skill positions (hard to believe that came out of my mouth)

Denver is probably the worst of the 6 undefeated teams. I'd rank them 6th. Oakland lost to the Bears, they should be ranked 32nd :D

Last edited:
I cringed when reading about how the Bears miss Cutler with Claussen starting while Cutler is out. True, Claussen is not any good. But the Bears aren't any good with Cutler either. I'm very tempted to not even watch any of the game on Sunday since the Bears are a total yawn. At least they already started backing up the truck trading away Allen and Bostic.

You missed a very entertaining game.

You missed a very entertaining game.

I actually watched the game. The diehard Bears fan in me won out. When Cutler threw the interception, I screamed, "Here we #@!* go again!". But after the winning field goal, I said, "The season is not over yet...well, not officially." :LOL:.

No doubt we could rerun every play in every game and find lots of penalties that were not called.

The reality is that if winning a game means having a perfect last 2 minutes, the team has a problem and it's not the refs. Championship teams find a way to win all game long, and don't count on last second miracle plays.

In this case, if the guy hadn't batted the ball out of bounds he almost certainly would've just grabbed the ball and it would've been Seattle's ball anyway. There was no Lion that had any chance to recover the fumble so the illegal act of batting the ball didn't change anything. So, yes, a flag could've been thrown but like I said earlier if you watch every play closely a flag can be thrown on almost every play. Someone is always holding someone.

Finally did see the replay of that play. The refs sure did blow the call if you think of the play similar to if a ball is fumbled then batted out of bounds the team with the last possession keeps the ball. Seems like an obvious call unlike the Dez Bryant catch or no catch during the playoffs last year.

+1 It was obvious that the Seahawks defender batted the ball out of bounds when he should have just caught it and let his momentum carry him out of the end zone. Given what happened Seattle should have regained possession and that might have made a difference in the game. To me, it wasn't a misjudgement of what happened on the field but a misapplication of the rules (which shouldn't happen at that level).

I wonder why the replay booth didn't call down and say "Are you sure?" (I concede the play is not subject to replay... but still...).

No doubt we could rerun every play in every game and find lots of penalties that were not called.

The reality is that if winning a game means having a perfect last 2 minutes, the team has a problem and it's not the refs. Championship teams find a way to win all game long, and don't count on last second miracle plays.

Right, just wait for Pete Carroll to call a pass play... :p

NFL Power Rankings: Week 6

Well, that weekend didn't go quite as I wished. STL and SF lost, but ARI keeps chugging along with wins. And then we blew a 17 point lead! Ouch. Now we got to face the red-hot Panthers next. Yikes!

NFL Power Rankings: Week 6 (Top 20):

1. NE
  2. GB
  3. CIN
  4. DEN
  5. ATL
  6. ARI
  7. CAR
  8. NYJ
  9. SEA
  10. NYG
  11. BUF
  12. MIN
  13. PIT
  14. IND
  15. STL
  16. SD
  17. WAS
  18. PHI
  19. OAK
  20. CLE

The level of how bad Michael Vick sucks is hard to describe.

Sorry, here's the link: NFL Power Rankings Week 6
Now if only PIT and BAL can have winning games this week. (Looks like STL has a bye.) As long as we, the Seahawks, can stay in the running in our division, we're still okay, even at 2-3 at this point. But that's barely cutting it. We need to get on a roll like we did after that 4-4 anemic start last year. Go Hawks!

Sorry, here's the link: NFL Power Rankings Week 6
Now if only PIT and BAL can have winning games this week. (Looks like STL has a bye.) As long as we, the Seahawks, can stay in the running in our division, we're still okay, even at 2-3 at this point. But that's barely cutting it. We need to get on a roll like we did after that 4-4 anemic start last year. Go Hawks!

There's not a chance in hell the Steelers beat Arizona with Vick at QB.

The level of how bad Michael Vick sucks is hard to describe.

Vick was 3/8 for 6 yards in 2 1/2 quarters. The Steelers switched to 3rd string Landry Jones who went 8/12 for 168 yards and 2TDs in a quarter and a half against one of the top 3 defenses in the league and took down the Cardinals. As a Steeler fan, I better never see Vick on the field again.

Last edited:
Well the Texans won today. :dance: I better celebrate while I can. I'll bet there wasn't much of traffic jam leaving after that game in Jacksonville since the stadium looked to be 70 to 80% empty before the end of the game.

Well the Texans won today. :dance: I better celebrate while I can. I'll bet there wasn't much of traffic jam leaving after that game in Jacksonville since the stadium looked to be 70 to 80% empty before the end of the game.

What do you expect? Would you pay to see a product called the Jaguars?:LOL:

What do you expect? Would you pay to see a product called the Jaguars?:LOL:
Personally, I root for the Texans but I wouldn't pay the price of a ticket to see them play in person. Sometimes (usually) it's tough enough just to watch them on TV. I suspect there are a lot of folks in Jacksonville that feel the same way about the Jaguars.

Back
Top Bottom