NFL: 2015 Season

You would think that if a QB can put up monster numbers of 503yds passing, no ints, then you've got a win, right?

Well, SD did figure out, again, on how to lose.

+1 WTF was that all about? I'm not even sure what the play was if they had executed it perfectly. Is Pete Carroll sending plays to Chuck Pagano on the sly? :LOL:

That and the onsides kick attempt that gave the Pats great field position. Absent those two boneheaded plays they could have made a much better game of it.

Last edited:
What was that fake punt that the COLTS attempted last night? They were competitive with the PATS until that dumb play.

Colts Fake Punt at end of game vs Patriots Week 6 NFL Highlight | PopScreen

+1 WTF was that all about? I'm not even sure what the play was if they had executed it perfectly.

That and the onsides kick attempt that gave the pats great field position. Absent those two boneheaded plays they could have made a much better game of it.

I think the Pats cheated again, by cross-wiring Colt's coaches comm system so that Pete Carroll was calling the plays... :biggrin:

Funny that we both had the same thought... I edited my post to add a reference to poor ol'Pete and it cross posted with your post.

The Colts got screwed on the onside kick. It was clearly recovered by Moncrief of the Colts. The fake punt was the stupidest play Ive ever seen. I cant imagine any scenario where that would work.

Oh Pat's hater utrecht.... I'm guessing that the refs on the field saw something that you and I didn't see on the replay... but to say it was "clearly recovered" by the Colts is a stretch... even for a Pat's hater by you.

Oh Pat's hater utrecht.... I'm guessing that the refs on the field saw something that you and I didn't see on the replay... but to say it was "clearly recovered" by the Colts is a stretch... even for a Pat's hater by you.

I dont think the Colts would've won anyway, but are you telling me you didn't see the close up replay with the ball in Moncrief's hands? The Patriot lineman fell on it but never tucked it away. It was clear as day. The ref must not have had that replay. They didnt even show it on TV until the call was already made.

+1 WTF was that all about? I'm not even sure what the play was if they had executed it perfectly. Is Pete Carroll sending plays to Chuck Pagano on the sly? :LOL:

That and the onsides kick attempt that gave the Pats great field position. Absent those two boneheaded plays they could have made a much better game of it.

Don't try and be cute and out trick Bill Belichek either. Wrong guy...Now if Rich Kotite happened to have the headset on across the field, maybe its worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont think the Colts would've won anyway, but are you telling me you didn't see the close up replay with the ball in Moncrief's hands? The Patriot lineman fell on it but never tucked it away. It was clear as day. The ref must not have had that replay. They didnt even show it on TV until the call was already made.

I never saw the ball in Moncrief's hands other than when the pile was broken up and Moncrief came out of the pile with the ball but that was long after the play was over.

They showed a replay at the very last second of the whole incident that showed the lineman with the ball beside him and an arm on it but Moncrief had both arms around it. You mustve missed that part. Even Cris Collinsworth commented that he thought Moncrief had it under the pile. I shouldnt have said the Cots got screwed though because those fumble piles are almost impossible to get it right every time. Its a judgement call as to who had the ball and if they had it long enough to be considered possession.

Were there any other bad calls in any other games?

I'm surprised you'd watch a Pats game anyway since you don't care for them (putting it mildly).

There were plenty of bad calls. There always are. I watch all of the good games. Even if I hate one of the teams. It might not sound like it but I am very unbiased. The Steelers had a couple really bad calls that went their way yesterday. Unlike a lot of people, I don't think they are good calls just because they go my way.

Take a look at the onside kick. Look at the 18 second video thats labeled "NFL blown call on fumble recovery Colts vs Patriots. You can see Moncrief with both arms around the ball. Then he stands up with it.
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...r2=sb-top-search&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Last edited:
Im sure all you Patriot fans are going to say that you cant tell that the ball is in Moncriefs hands in that video. Tell me what Patriot recovered the fumble? The Patriot lineman fell on it but you can clearly see the ball squirt out. You can see Moncrief with the ball. Moncrief came out of the pile with the ball. The ref gave the ball to the Pats. That's clearly a bad call. If you cant just admit that, then you are the biased fan.

Like I said, I doubt the Colts would've won anyway, but it was still a bad call.

For Pagano to attempt such a stupid and dump fake punt shows desperation. I guess after getting blown out in every game he coached against the PATS is a good reason for being desperate but to do it when his team was playing a competitive game and was only down by 6 points is beyond stupid and may cost him his job at the end of the season especially if he gets blown out again in the playoffs by the PATS.

Last edited:
You're right utrecht, the refs ON THE FIELD blew the call and the acknowledged Pat's hater at home got it right. No disrespect, but I'll side with the refs, not you.

On another subject, the bizarre play, check this out:

You don't have to side with anyone. Just watch the video. Its plain as day. You are just too biased to acknowledge it. Refs miss lots of calls. This is just another one of them. They aren't perfect.

For Pagano to attempt such a stupid and dump fake punt shows desperation. I guess after getting blown out in every game he coached against the PATS is a good reason for being desperate but to do it when his team was playing a competitive game and was only down by 6 points is beyond stupid and may cost him his job at the end of the season especially if he gets blown out again in the playoffs by the PATS.

He said it was a miscommunication and they shouldnt have snapped the ball, but why would you even practice a play that stupid? Its has zero chance. Its the worst designed fake Ive ever seen.

You don't have to side with anyone. Just watch the video. Its plain as day. You are just too biased to acknowledge it. Refs miss lots of calls. This is just another one of them. They aren't perfect.

How you can accuse me of being biased when I haven't even stated a view on the call?

I challenge you to find where I posted that I thought the Pats recovered the ball.

Last edited:
You are obviously a Patriots fan and you even though you haven't said the Pats recovered the ball, you've refused to acknowledge that Moncrief recovered it. You are playing word games. Im sure you've already watched the video I posted. You just want to get the last word and be right.

What is the big deal about acknowledging that your team got a lucky call? There are bad calls in every game and every team is on both sides of them at some point.

You are obviously a Patriots fan and you even though you haven't said the Pats recovered the ball, you've refused to acknowledge that Moncrief recovered it. You are playing word games. Im sure you've already watched the video I posted. You just want to get the last word and be right.

What is the big deal about acknowledging that your team got a lucky call? There are bad calls in every game and every team is on both sides of them at some point.
I am a Pats fan, and while watching DW and I both said it looked like the Pats might have gotten a gift on that call. But we rarely assume we know better than the refs, and we recognize they may not get all the views the audience may get, refs are human. Part of all sports, arguing about it makes zero difference.

You've made your views perfectly clear, as have others, next topic?

Last edited:
I'll offer up a next topic. What's the likelihood of two undefeated teams reaching the Super Bowl? Two teams that come to mind (among the undefeated) are the Pats and Packers. (They don't play against each other in the regular season).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom