NFL: 2015 Season

If it was for one game its a toss up between Brady and Rodgers. I'd probably lean towards Rodgers just because of mobility. If its from now on, obviously you have to take Rodgers.

Manning was great but now hes terrible. It hurts to watch such a great player not know when its time to retire. Hes ranked 31st in QB rating.

If it was for one game its a toss up between Brady and Rodgers. I'd probably lean towards Rodgers just because of mobility. If its from now on, obviously you have to take Rodgers.

Manning was great but now hes terrible. It hurts to watch such a great player not know when its time to retire. Hes ranked 31st in QB rating.

In Manning's defense, he had one of the best seasons of any quarterback ever just 2 years ago and he wasn't bad last year. How was he or anyone else supposed to know he would drop off so much so quickly. If he continues the rest of the season like he's started then I would agree he should not come back for another season.

Even at Rodgers age, Brady wasn't as versatile. When he's on, fortunately often (but not always) for Pats fans, Brady is as good a passer as I've ever seen IMO. We need someone to come along with Manning's football brain/reading defenses, Brady's passing & drive and Rodgers versatility - but now I'm talking nonsense (again).

Maybe I'm biased but for one game I'll take Brady. Let's not forget that in last year's super bowl against Seattle who had the best defense in the league he went 14-16 with 2 TDs in the fourth quarter and brought the team back from a 10 point deficit for the first time ever in SB history. Last week with the Pats down 20-16 in the fourth quarter against the Jets who has the number one defense in the league this year he went 13-15 with a 150 yards and two TDs in the fourth quarter.

BTW so far this year Brady has better stats than Rodgers.

I think it wouldve happened again but the Colts decided to bench Manning the last 2 games to rest him for the playoffs....then they lost in the playoffs anyway. That was one of the stupidest football decisions in a long time.

I remember watching that game. Reading the expressions of the Colts' players were "You gotta be kidding!" then didn't the very next play the backup fumbled the ball for a TD return? :facepalm:

In Manning's defense, he had one of the best seasons of any quarterback ever just 2 years ago and he wasn't bad last year. How was he or anyone else supposed to know he would drop off so much so quickly. If he continues the rest of the season like he's started then I would agree he should not come back for another season.

Manning was pretty bad in the last 4-5 games last season also. Its not like they have another option right now, but it still hurts to watch Manning.

Maybe I'm biased but for one game I'll take Brady. Let's not forget that in last year's super bowl against Seattle who had the best defense in the league he went 14-16 with 2 TDs in the fourth quarter and brought the team back from a 10 point deficit for the first time ever in SB history. Last week with the Pats down 20-16 in the fourth quarter against the Jets who has the number one defense in the league this year he went 13-15 with a 150 yards and two TDs in the fourth quarter.

BTW so far this year Brady has better stats than Rodgers.

If we are talking who is the best QB right now, I'd easily pick Rodgers. This isn't a knock on Brady at all. But when all said and done, Rodgers probably will never catch Brady in the playoff and SB victories.

Manning was pretty bad in the last 4-5 games last season also. Its not like they have another option right now, but it still hurts to watch Manning.

His career is unfolding more and more like Johnny Unitas, both in the prime and nearing the end.

If we are talking who is the best QB right now, I'd easily pick Rodgers. This isn't a knock on Brady at all. But when all said and done, Rodgers probably will never catch Brady in the playoff and SB victories.

His career [Manning] is unfolding more and more like Johnny Unitas, both in the prime and nearing the end.

So much for my thoughts of who's the best QB.

Watching the Packers/Broncos game tonight.

Maybe the best is Manning. He's found the fountain of youth.

Well, I certainly didn't see Denver dominating Green Bay at all. Shocker.
+1. I had no idea Denver's defense was that much better than Green Bay. I've never seen Rodgers hemmed in like that, and it appears Manning had his best game this year. Any given Sunday?

The game of Denver/NE on Nov. 29 should be interesting especially if both teams remain undefeated by then. I know it's still early to talk about playoffs but it may give the winner home field advantage. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves....

Last edited:
The game of Denver/NE on Nov. 29 should be interesting especially if both teams remain undefeated by then. I know it's still early to talk about playoffs but it may give the winner home field advantage. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves....

The way Denver looked last night, I wish they played the Patriots last night.

I wish they were playing at Gillette rather than at Mile High since Manning doesn't play very well in the cold.

The Broncos last night looked like a totally different team than the little of them that I had seen so far this season.

Denver has the best defense in the league by far...but as far as Manning goes, lets not forget this was just one game. In ESPNs list of 33 QBs, Manning is the 32nd ranked QB with a 75.1 QB rating. He played a very efficient game last night but still threw 0 TDs and 1 INT. Imagine Denver with a good young QB?

If Manning had to play against his own defense? Wow, that would be ugly.

I'm not sure if Denver was really that good or Green Bay was that bad. It sure looked like a younger Manning showed up last night. Surprising game. Well, we're now down to 4 undefeated teams in the NFL for the 2015 season.

+1. I had no idea Denver's defense was that much better than Green Bay. I've never seen Rodgers hemmed in like that, and it appears Manning had his best game this year. Any given Sunday?

The Broncos have a smothering defense to say the least.

I only caught half the game as I was flipping back and forth between football and baseball :).

I only caught half the game as I was flipping back and forth between football and baseball :).

Me too except I was more interested in the football game. Good thing too since the TV feed kept cutting out :facepalm:, especially during the 8th and 9th innings when things were getting interesting.

Who still flips back and forth anymore. The cool kids record both games and then "flip" back to the recording of the opposite game when your current game goes to commercial. When that one goes to commercial you flip back...fast forward past the commercials....and BAM!. You can watch all of both games and they will still be over at the same time as the live feed.

A huge change from the Broncos-Seahawks Super Bowl where the Seahawks D embarrased the Broncos O and Wilson gave the Broncos D fits. It's kinda surprising how radically teams can change from year to year.

And that can't be the same 2015 (previously) unbeaten GB D that showed up before last night?

Who still flips back and forth anymore. The cool kids record both games and then "flip" back to the recording of the opposite game when your current game goes to commercial. When that one goes to commercial you flip back...fast forward past the commercials....and BAM!. You can watch all of both games and they will still be over at the same time as the live feed.

Nice strategy.... dual fast forward past commercials. :)

My DVR is only a single tuner so I couldn't record both at the same time anyhow. But I like the approach.

I'm glad that I didn't just watch the world series and record the football game for later viewing that night as Joe Buck went ahead and announced the football outcome during the baseball game. :(

I cant watch live TV anymore so a lot of times I do this with the Sunday or Monday night game along with whatever TV show I have recorded.

That and if it is a game that I'm not particularly interested in or want to catch up to the live action I 'fast watch" it. My DVR has a 30 seconds forward button and in most cases if I hit that right after the play ends then I pick it up just as the next play begins unless the offence is on no huddle mode in which case I have to then go backwards 10 seconds.

It is amazing how fast you can watch a game and not miss much doing it that way.

I'm not sure if Denver was really that good or Green Bay was that bad. It sure looked like a younger Manning showed up last night. Surprising game. Well, we're now down to 4 undefeated teams in the NFL for the 2015 season.

The arm was rested after a bye week. Also we will have to wait and see how he performs when the weather gets cold.

Also I'm a little disappointed with the way Rodgers and Green Bay performed. I know that Denver's has an excellent defense but Green Bay has one of the best QBs in the league.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom