NFL: 2015 Season

Wow, the AFC South is horrible, Indy's win over Denver (which I predicted) notwithstanding. And with Andrew Luck out for 2-6 weeks for Indy, they'll probably be down with the rest of that woeful bunch. Especially if the Colts are "out of Luck" for closer to 6 weeks, that division can be won with a 7-9 record, and maybe even 6-10. Heck, the Texans and even the Titans may not be out of it.

Last edited:
Not sure about that Ziggy. Part of the reason the Colts have looked so bad is that Luck has had a shoulder injury since game 1. They went 2-0 with Hasselback at QB. They won that last game vs Denver with a mostly healthy Luck. In other words, their pitiful performances were mostly due to bad QB play which was due to trying to play thru an injury.

I see the Colts going 4-3, possibly 5-2 the rest of the way making them 8-8 or 9-7.

I'll bet the 8-0 Bengals are shaking in their boots just thinking about playing the 3-5 Texans this coming Monday night. :nonono: Seriously, I hope they don't think it will be too much of a cakewalk and end up blowing a perfect season (so far) against the Texans.

Last edited:
Patriots hung on barely against the Giants. Well, actually a game winning FG.

Go Gostkowski! Go Pats! That was a fortunate win...

I only watched bits and pieces of that game, thinking the Pats would pretty much win one sided. Then peeking at the score on computer saw the game was going down the wire, thinking here we go again with the Giants. Caught the last few plays and the winning FG.

No partying for the undefeated Dolphins yet :).

I knew the Giants were going to break my heart if they had to settle for a FG on their final possession. I said on my FB page when the Giants had 1st and goal down 24-23, "If the Giants settle for 3 here, they lose 27-26. Period."

I can not describe how much (in a sports context) I despise the Brady-Belichick Patriots. My one chance to salvage a crappy weekend with a relatively unimportant thing, but one that would make me happy, and the Jints crapped out against the Evil Empire.

No partying for the undefeated Dolphins yet :).
I have no use for the '72 Dolphins partying every time there are no more unbeatens.

I want them to see it happen while most of them are still alive.

But please, NOT the Patriots while Belichick and Brady are there. Why can't Brady break down and wash out like Peyton is starting to do? Am I to be tormented with 5 more years of that guy? Please.... no.

Go Gostkowski! Go Pats! That was a fortunate win...
Yes it was (a lot of luck), especially after Brady threw that late goal line interception. Lucky they have Gostkowski to pull Brady's A** out of the fire.

Even so, it was a great game.

Last edited:
Peyton Manning is embarrassing himself. He sucks so bad it's hard to fathom. He led the NFL in INTs before today and then threw 4 more today. He broke the all time passing record. Time to ride off into the sunset.

Yes it was (a lot of luck), especially after Brady threw that late goal line interception. Lucky they have Gostkowski to pull Brady's A** out of the fire.
I was hoping that he would screw up the kick like Crosby did against the Lions today. But the Evil Empire always has clutch kickers, and they kick me in the gut while they are kicking the football.

What irritates me is that Brady will be made the hero for driving (against a soft defense) into long FG position on the last possession. The deification of Brady by the sports media will continue....

And then there is Johnny Manziel. How do you go 33-45 for 372 yards and score 9 points? Even when the Browns couldn't run the ball to save their lives? Yes, the three turnovers didn't help, but still.....

Oh, and the Saints defense. Can I even call it a defense?

Peyton Manning is embarrassing himself. He sucks so bad it's hard to fathom. He led the NFL in INTs before today and then threw 4 more today. He broke the all time passing record. Time to ride off into the sunset.

He had a rib injury and a foot injury. After the game he said he probably should have taken himself out, but being the competitor he is, he did not. 20-20 hindsight.

Brock Osweiler looked pretty good in relief the last quarter and half, but it was way too late to make a difference.

I have no use for the '72 Dolphins partying every time there are no more unbeatens.

I want them to see it happen while most of them are still alive.

But please, NOT the Patriots while Belichick and Brady are there. Why can't Brady break down and wash out like Peyton is starting to do? Am I to be tormented with 5 more years of that guy? Please.... no.

Full disclosure, I was rooting for the Giants as I'm not a Pats fan.

But like you said, I too have no use for the '72 Dolphins clinging on the glory days of one season.

That said, I do think the undefeated season streak for 3 teams are still alive is pretty cool. Kinda like a consecutive hitting streak in baseball that grows each game.

I haven't followed the Bengals. But do think the Pats and Panthers have a legit chance to go undefeated. For the Pats, the Giants might have been their biggest challenge.

I'll bet the 8-0 Bengals are shaking in their boots just thinking about playing the 3-5 Texans this coming Monday night. :nonono: Seriously, I hope they don't think it will be too much of a cakewalk and end up blowing a perfect season (so far) against the Texans.

Bengals and most successful NFL teams usually lay a clunker somewhere. If Texans defense were to play like they were supposed to this year, its within real of slim possibilities. Although I don't see it happening they would have a shot at 8-9 wins. Though Clowney is out..Going to hospital Monday to see if he has a heart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hoping that he would screw up the kick like Crosby did against the Lions today. But the Evil Empire always has clutch kickers, and they kick me in the gut while they are kicking the football.

What irritates me is that Brady will be made the hero for driving (against a soft defense) into long FG position on the last possession. The deification of Brady by the sports media will continue....

I was ecstatic when that ball went through the uprights.:dance:

We lose Dion Lewis last week for the season, we lose 3 starters on the offensive line, our best linebacker Collins is out with an illness for the second week in a row and we lose our number one receiver Edelman in the first quarter but we continue to win because we have Brady and Belichick the best tandem ever.

Go Pats.

I am reminded of Johnny U and Brett Favre...but I hope I'm wrong for Peyton's sake. It would not surprise me if Peyton turns out to be a better coach than player, why not start now?

Last edited:

Even so, it was a great game.

Brady had quite a few bad throws, and the Pats were pitiful in the 2nd quarter. Again, they were very fortunate to win that one, I don't see any Brady deification happening outside New England (like any biased hometown crowd). Gostkowski won't have to buy a drink anytime soon though, awesome.

Judging from Sunday's games, I see the Bears having no problem beating Denver next week.

Who would have thunk that Cutler and the Bears actually look good. With Langford, Matt Forte could be the next Wally Pipp.

I think against Denver, the question is which Peyton will show up, the battered one or the one that cheats father time.

Update: Good chance Manning may not even play against the Bears. He battling plantar fasciitis.

Last edited:
I am reminded of Johnny U and Brett Favre...but I hope I'm wrong for Peyton's sake. It would not surprise me if Peyton turns out to be a better coach than player, why not start now?

Guys like Manning just about never become coaches. They made way too much money during their careers to be interested. Its normally the back up QBs, and other position players (TEs, LBs) that aren't mega rich when they retire.

I'm a little too young to remember Johnny U, but I wouldn't say Favre embarrassed himself on the way out. He played fairly well to the end but did definitely stay too long.

Guys like Manning just about never become coaches. They made way too much money during their careers to be interested. Its normally the back up QBs, and other position players (TEs, LBs) that aren't mega rich when they retire.

I'm a little too young to remember Johnny U, but I wouldn't say Favre embarrassed himself on the way out. He played fairly well to the end but did definitely stay too long.

Favre had arguably his best season ever the year before he retired, and then got begged and bribed for an extra season he wasn't quite prepared for. Got beat to a pulp from bad OLine. His last game he played he wasn't even supposed to play and dressed out at last second played and led Vikings to opening TD score drive. Then a few series later got decked on the frozen college field, knocked out career over.
I have a very unique prospective of Johnny U. He was never a Colt to me. My first memories of NFL was him being a Charger that one year.
That pitiful half season rates up there with Willie Mays stumbling in the outfield and Ali fighting Holmes.
Manning is falling victim to the mind is willing, but the body parts just aren't listening.

Favre was ready to call it career after he got roughed up in that playoff game against the Saints. The game he had that bad ankle sprain and gutted the game out but had that costly interception near the end.

For Manning, I wonder if next year might Elway ask him to consider being a backup. Gotta give Manning credit for being the good soldier since Elway got rid of a bunch of the coaches and the offense is no longer Manning's system.

I remember watching on TV Johnny U and Bart Starr when I was a kid and they defined what is a 2 minute comeback.

I cant imagine Manning ever being a backup. Not in a million years. Why would he? He's done it all already. If I was Elway I would trade for Brees in the off season. New Orleans is terrible and Brees is their bargaining chip to start rebuilding. Unless Osweiler looks really good in practice and they believe he is for real, but with Denver's defense and WR's, I wouldnt wait around for Osweiler to get some experience. Denver is ready to win now. Not 3 years from now.

I cant imagine Manning ever being a backup. Not in a million years. Why would he? He's done it all already. If I was Elway I would trade for Brees in the off season. New Orleans is terrible and Brees is their bargaining chip to start rebuilding. Unless Osweiler looks really good in practice and they believe he is for real, but with Denver's defense and WR's, I wouldnt wait around for Osweiler to get some experience. Denver is ready to win now. Not 3 years from now.

Plus, we all know Payton likes his money. Ego issues aside, backup quarterback equal backup QB pay....Not gonna happen! Reading between the lines of various articles, I imagine he has never had any intentions of playing beyond this year. He is just too beat up. He had a few issues he already took into the season that he was just trying to overcome one more year.

Back
Top Bottom