NFL: 2015 Season

Whether its because of age or injury (or most likely both), it doesnt matter. The fact is that Manning is terrible. If his name wasn't Manning he wouldve been benched 5 games ago. Hes 31st out of 32 listed QBs. He leads the NFL in INTS. Hes 26th in yards per attempt because his arm strength is gone. I always liked Manning. Hes got a big ego but hes always been a class act....but its over.
I hated how Marino stayed too long, but this is just pathetic. I really dislike Brady and the Pats but I still hope Brady doesnt stay past the point that he is detrimental to the team. As a serious football fan, it just makes me sad.

I know PM wanted another SB ring, but it's not gonna happen. Take the ring and the records, and leave with dignity, and while still upright!

Brady still performs at a high level, but I hope he retires "on top", as it were.

Haven't been paying much attention, but what happened to GB/Rodgers?

Well it is just released he has a torn planter fascia in left foot. He already had numb finger tips, in addition to rib problems. The old body is breaking down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know PM wanted another SB ring, but it's not gonna happen. Take the ring and the records, and leave with dignity, and while still upright!

Brady still performs at a high level, but I hope he retires "on top", as it were.

Haven't been paying much attention, but what happened to GB/Rodgers?

The ESPN analysts I listened to said that GBs WR's cant beat man to man coverage and once everyone saw Denver beat GB that way, everyone is playing man to man on them. Losing to Denver and Carolina was understandable, but if Detroit's horrific defense can stop them, they have big problems. Detroit hadnt beat GB in GB since the early 90's. Detroit's GM played for the Lions the last time Detroit beat GB in Lambeau.

Guys like Manning just about never become coaches. They made way too much money during their careers to be interested. Its normally the back up QBs, and other position players (TEs, LBs) that aren't mega rich when they retire.
I thought with his love of and knowledge of the game, along with his Dad's coaching example, he might want to coach. But I read a couple articles on the outlook for Peyton as a coach, and other than maybe Vols QB coach, all the pundits seem to agree with you.

I thought with his love of and knowledge of the game, along with his Dad's coaching example, he might want to coach. But I read a couple articles on the outlook for Peyton as a coach, and other than maybe Vols QB coach, all the pundits seem to agree with you.

I definitely see the possibility of him being a top color commentator just like Troy Aikman.

I was ecstatic when that ball went through the uprights.:dance:

We lose Dion Lewis last week for the season, we lose 3 starters on the offensive line, our best linebacker Collins is out with an illness for the second week in a row and we lose our number one receiver Edelman in the first quarter but we continue to win because we have Brady and Belichick the best tandem ever.

Go Pats.

Pat's have the best Coach, the best Quarterback and the best Kicker in the league, perhaps of all time. (I say as I picked myself up off the floor after watching that ending last night.):dance:

But I need them to lose at least one game during the regular season before entering the playoffs. 2007 was an agony with each Sunday becoming increasingly anxiety provoking. Too much pressure.

Last edited:
I have no use for the '72 Dolphins partying every time there are no more unbeatens.

I want them to see it happen while most of them are still alive.

They'd best hurry then. That was '72, most of those guys are in or pushing their 70s. Earl Morrall is already dead. Anyway, compared to what they were doing in '72, I wouldn't call what they do now "partying". Maybe celebrating.

The Bears are only 1 win away from my season prediction - 5 wins.

If they only win one more game this season, I think they have a shot at taking down the Packers on Thanksgiving. The Bears ball controlled much of the first game which is a good strategy. The Packers have lost 3 in a row and the Bears won 2 in a row.

But then again, habit is that the Packers seem to get well after playing the Bears, plus, remember Cutler saves his worse games for the Packers.

Guys like Manning just about never become coaches. They made way too much money during their careers to be interested.
I definitely see the possibility of him being a top color commentator just like Troy Aikman.
Maybe, though as I think about it he could probably make a fortune doing endorsement ads. His have been some of the best over the years IMO.

But I need them to lose at least one game during the regular season before entering the playoffs. 2007 was an agony with each Sunday becoming increasingly anxiety provoking. Too much pressure.

I agree with you. I felt all along that 2007 unbeaten regular season took a toll on them emotionally and physically which caused them to under perform in the playoffs. They will have a tough task staying unbeaten with Lewis out for the season, the health of their offensive line and now Edelman out for 6-8 weeks.

The thing about football is that there is a lot of luck involved. Luck in who can stay healthy. Every year you can look back at the number of missed games by starters that each team has and compare it to everyone's final records an its amazing how much correlation there is. At the beginning of each season there is probably 15 teams who have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and beyond and whichever of those teams stay the healthiest has a massively better chance than the others.
Look at the AFC's good teams

Pittsburgh lost their pro bowl center Pouncey, LeVeon Bell and Roethlisberger has been in and out of the lineup
Indy has had Luck injured most of the season
Kansas City lost Jamal Charles for the season
Denver has had Manning with nagging injuries all year.
Buffalo lost Tyrod Taylor and Watkins for several games.

New England has had no major injuries until last week and they are undefeated
Cincy has had no major injuries and they are undefeated.

At this point I would have to say Cincy is the favorite to win the AFC (barring injuries to key players)

Indy has had BAD Luck most of the season!😃

Have the day you deserve, and let Karma sort it out.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Indy has had BAD Luck most of the season![emoji2]

Have the day you deserve, and let Karma sort it out.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Nick Foles is getting benched...who would have ever thought a time would come that a QB with a better QB rating than Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning is getting benched, and deserves it!

It's official. Manning won't play in the upcoming game against the Bears. Announced by Kubiak.

The thing about football is that there is a lot of luck involved. Luck in who can stay healthy. Every year you can look back at the number of missed games by starters that each team has and compare it to everyone's final records an its amazing how much correlation there is. At the beginning of each season there is probably 15 teams who have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and beyond and whichever of those teams stay the healthiest has a massively better chance than the others.
Look at the AFC's good teams

Pittsburgh lost their pro bowl center Pouncey, LeVeon Bell and Roethlisberger has been in and out of the lineup
Kansas City lost Jamal Charles for the season
Denver has had Manning with nagging injuries all year.
Buffalo lost Tyrod Taylor and Watkins for several games.

New England has had no major injuries until last week and they are undefeated
Cincy has had no major injuries and they are undefeated.

At this point I would have to say Cincy is the favorite to win the AFC (barring injuries to key players)

Even if Cincy stays healthy I would not make them the favorite to win the AFC until they prove they can win a single playoff game. They are 0-6 in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis.

I'll bet the 8-0 Bengals are shaking in their boots just thinking about playing the 3-5 Texans this coming Monday night. :nonono: Seriously, I hope they don't think it will be too much of a cakewalk and end up blowing a perfect season (so far) against the Texans.

:LOL: Unbelievable Win for the Texans

Last edited:
Bengals and most successful NFL teams usually lay a clunker somewhere. If Texans defense were to play like they were supposed to this year, its within real of slim possibilities. Although I don't see it happening they would have a shot at 8-9 wins. Though Clowney is out..Going to hospital Monday to see if he has a heart.

Heavily hedged yes, but I didn't want to look like the village idiot. I thought this would be clunker week for Bengals. Like I said above, incredibly, still a punchers chance for 8-9 wins... The truly embarrassing impotent rushing attack will probably keep this from happening though. But with Jets and Saints coming up at home, they can control their destiny.

Heavily hedged yes, but I didn't want to look like the village idiot. I thought this would be clunker week for Bengals.

It had "potential trap game" written all over it. Not surprised the Bengals underachieved, but I still thought they'd win ugly.

Rob Ryan fired, again. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Worst coach of the last 25 years.....and I bet he gets hired yet again just like when the Saints hired him 2 days after he ran the Cowboys defense into oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom