NFL: 2015 Season

My thoughts exactly. No time left (I mean zero seconds) and because of a "questionable face mask penalty", Rodgers get's one more chance. Although I think they were robbed of a pass interference call the play before. What a pass (60+ yds) and what a catch. That may become the new video to define a Hail Mary pass.

It was the worst defended Hail Mary pass that I've seen. The receiver was so wide open and the defenders seem lost. No wonder why the Lions are 4-8

It was the worst defended Hail Mary pass that I've seen. The receiver was so wide open and the defenders seem lost. No wonder why the Lions are 4-8

Yeah. All the Lions' defenders were behind the Packers' receivers instead of any in front.

No matter what that face mask call looked like in slow motion, every person watching the game thought is was an obvious face mask call in real time. The refs have been bad this year but they cant be blamed this time.

Why was the Detroit guy any where near Rodgers' head? Rodgers wasnt going to outrun 2 defenders and he couldn't throw the ball again. Detroit can only blame themselves on that play and on the Hail Mary play.

No reason not to try a Hail Mary pass in that situation. Low odds of success, there will always be some that pay off, it's a free for all that you really can't defend 100%. Fun when your team pulls it off, sucks when your team is the 'victim.' Just like the 3/4 court basketball buzzer beater to win a game...

No matter what that face mask call looked like in slow motion, every person watching the game thought is was an obvious face mask call in real time. The refs have been bad this year but they cant be blamed this time.

Why was the Detroit guy any where near Rodgers' head? Rodgers wasnt going to outrun 2 defenders and he couldn't throw the ball again. Detroit can only blame themselves on that play and on the Hail Mary play.

Lions had plenty of time to salt away the game. I thought they were playing way too chicken (especially since Stafford is a gun slinger) their final possession. Good teams play to win. Bad teams play not to lose.

Lions had plenty of time to salt away the game. I thought they were playing way too chicken (especially since Stafford is a gun slinger) their final possession. Good teams play to win. Bad teams play not to lose.

Indeed. I really hate the Patriots but I have to give credit where it is due. If the Pats are up by (say) 10-14 points heading into the fourth quarter, they don't go into a "play not to lose" mode with a timid, conservative offense and a prevent defense. They go for the jugular, boot to the throat, and keep doing what has been working so far. I like that even if I don't like the team.

Indeed. I really hate the Patriots but I have to give credit where it is due. If the Pats are up by (say) 10-14 points heading into the fourth quarter, they don't go into a "play not to lose" mode with a timid, conservative offense and a prevent defense. They go for the jugular, boot to the throat, and keep doing what has been working so far. I like that even if I don't like the team.

My thoughts exactly. You wouldn't see the Pats hand the ball off in that situation. That's the opposite of the prevent in defense. Plus, last night, that pretty much guaranteed Rodgers would get the ball back only needing a field goal to win.

+1 It was clear that the Lions run game wasn't working against the Packer defense, so why not throw some short high percentage passes to get some first downs and milk down the clock? Going with the run that you know is going nowhere when you have a passer like Stafford all but guaranteed that Rodgers would get another shot.

Yeah. All the Lions' defenders were behind the Packers' receivers instead of any in front.

Normally defending teams put 7 of their tallest defenders and receivers in the back and rush 3 guys but not the Lions. They rushed 3 but had two linebackers covering the sidelines:confused:? Caldwell explaination after the game "they were not anticipating a Hail Mary pass but a lateral":confused::confused:??

I guess he didn't think Rodgers could throw it 60 yards.

+1 It was clear that the Lions run game wasn't working against the Packer defense, so why not throw some short high percentage passes to get some first downs and milk down the clock? Going with the run that you know is going nowhere when you have a passer like Stafford all but guaranteed that Rodgers would get another shot.

+1. At the very least have some other run plays to burn off more time before punting the ball. Not just straight up the middle and fall down.

Normally defending teams put 7 of their tallest defenders and receivers in the back and rush 3 guys but not the Lions. They rushed 3 but had two linebackers covering the sidelines:confused:? Caldwell explaination after the game "they were not anticipating a Hail Mary pass but a lateral":confused::confused:??

Rodgers looked like Roberto Clemente with the running start then heaving the ball all the way. :LOL:

Caldwell, is Caldwell. He's the same guy that yanked all the players to stop the Colt's undefeated season. :facepalm:

Caldwell is a terrible coach and this is just anther example.

I know there's not a lot of Patriot's fans here but thought I'd share this:

Our nephew works for the Pat's (office, not field) and he brought over his Super Bowl ring last night. Not quite as opulent as the player's rings but I got to put it on my finger nonetheless! (as you can see, he has small fingers!) It was a cool thing to hold in your hand.

20151205_164643.jpg

Cool. I never knew that office staff got rings too.

He's in PR. Seems like lots of folks get 'em. The player's ones are quite expensive with good diamonds etc...the lower on the totem pole the cheaper the ring. It does have his own name on the side of the ring in (cheap) diamonds though.

Cool. I never knew that office staff got rings too.

Not only the staff but even the coaches' wives get a necklace with a smaller version of the ring (I assume the cheaper version). My neighbor is one of the coaches and his wife has shown it to us this past summer.

Last edited:
Well, in that case then I think us fans should get something too. I wonder where it stops.

Well, in that case then I think us fans should get something too. I wonder where it stops.

If you are a true fan you will... Its called the season ticket bill! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't look now, but the Seahawks have their groove back.

Russell Wilson probably playing as well as any QB right now (11 TD's, 0 INT's, QB rating 138, 148, 146, in the last 3 games), and throwing in all his regular Houdini plays and long runs. If anyone claims there is a more entertaining QB to watch, I'll call them a liar. :)

Hard to score when Brady the best receiver

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Hard to score when Brady the best receiver

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Stinker all of they way around. Belichick usually says they didn't play well in all three phases of the game but he should also add "coaching" as the fourth phase.

Ok guys,
better get right with God. Eagles beat the patriots

Hasselback shakes off injury... So close to a Clipboard Jesus sighting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom