NFL: 2015 Season

man did Vollmer have a bad game or what?

I think he got beat every down I watched. Left tackle is a tough position.

man did Vollmer have a bad game or what?

I think he got beat every down I watched. Left tackle is a tough position.

Marcus Cannon on the other side had a worse game. Heck everyone on the offensive line was horrible. When your QB gets hit 22 times you know your whole unit stunk up the joint....

Last edited:
I'm not sure which slice of the pie I'd vote to be in for this survey. I always root for the Broncos to win no matter who they are playing, but I am always happy to see another Patriots loss. I wonder how the Panthers feel about it?

Not too scientific but while I was watching the game at a sports bar in the airport (in FL), I say there were definitely more Pats fans than Broncos fans. Maybe 2 to 1 and several with Gronk jerseys.

I'm wrestling with choosing a winner in the SB. Of course we know Manning's record isn't the best during the playoffs. Yet, the one SB he won was against Rivera's defense for the Bears. I'm sure the hype will be a lot about Manning but I think the game is more about the Broncos' defense vs the Panthers' defense.

My heart goes to Denver but my mind says this is the Panthers' year (except that one blemish against the Falcons). In other words, I'm undecided at the moment.

I would have voted for Denver until I saw that Cards blowout. Now my money is on those guys who whipped Seahawks.

I would have voted for Denver until I saw that Cards blowout. Now my money is on those guys who whipped Seahawks.

A few weeks ago, I was ready to crown the Cardinals. But they really struggled down the stretch. I don't know was that because of Palmer's finger still hurt or that he has the playoffs jitters like some other QBs.

Well they say Peyton told Belichick, after beating his team Sunday, that "This might be my last rodeo".

Again, I think he will retire if he wins the SB, if not, I'm not so sure.

Those "Broncos" take their namesake seriously, calling a football game a "rodeo".:LOL:

Johnny Manziel, what a waste :facepalm:. Just saying.

Self inflicted alienation of the whole NFL. What a dweeb. He'll probably be bagging groceries in a few years.

Self inflicted alienation of the whole NFL. What a dweeb. He'll probably be bagging groceries in a few years.

+1. Sad thing is he has football talent but way too immature.

Ryan Leaf (one of the biggest busts in NFL history) says looking at Manziel is like looking at a mirror during his own troubled stages.

As he watches Johnny Manziel go through some of the same issues that cost him his NFL career, Ryan Leaf reached out to the quarterback's former agent to offer help.

Leaf, whom the San Diego Chargers picked second overall -- one spot behind Peyton Manning -- in the 1998 draft, was out of the league after the 2002 season, which included three starts for the Dallas Cowboys in 2001.

Ryan Leaf on Johnny Manziel: It's like a mirror - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

If he is not spending money like crazy (which he probably is spending like crazy) he could not work for the rest of his life and be OK... read where he got $8.5 mill signing bonus... could be wrong, but what I read...

Johnny Manziel, what a waste :facepalm:. Just saying.
"Johnny Football" as he was often called while playing at Texas A&M. He later became known as "Johnny the Jerk" by many in Texas that followed his career. Well earned title apparently and not the typical product of A&M.

Last edited:
Manziel suffers from affluenza, just like Ethan Couch, if anyone can buy that argument. Sure glad the Cowboys have stated they will not pursue him. I'll always opt for players of strong character over the likes of him.

Manziel suffers from affluenza, just like Ethan Couch, if anyone can buy that argument. Sure glad the Cowboys have stated they will not pursue him. I'll always opt for players of strong character over the likes of him.

I know when Tony Dungy was coaching the Colts, they had a term for folks like Manziel. I forget when exactly, but something like "Do not Pursue because of Character".

I'll probably go all in on the SB, with my winnings. Go Broncos.

It's Monday, I'm retired, the weather is great, the coffee is brewing and the Broncos won. :):):)

I'm kind of surprised not seeing any comments on Denver's defense dominating Carolina, New England, and Pittsburgh in the playoffs even with a mediocre offense. Kind of like Denver's record setting offense was dominated by Seattle's very strong defense in SB48. I wonder if there will be a shift in strategy across the NFL.

"I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday," Paul Manziel told The Dallas Morning News.

I did not read the article, but.....Hey Dad! What about YOU getting help for your son instead of hoping "they" do.

I'm kind of surprised not seeing any comments on Denver's defense dominating Carolina, New England, and Pittsburgh in the playoffs even with a mediocre offense. Kind of like Denver's record setting offense was dominated by Seattle's very strong defense in SB48. I wonder if there will be a shift in strategy across the NFL.

Defense has always dominated in the playoffs. The number #1 ranked defense has played in the SB 12 times and they are 10-2. Nothing changed during all those years and it wont now. Having a smothering defense isn't as easy as saying, lets have a smothering defense this year.

Football is a copycat league so there may be a shift in strategy.

That said, looking at the post game coverage and you can see where the sentiment was: Talk to Peyton, give trophy to Elway, present trophy to Miller as MVP, nudge Miller out of way to talk to Peyton again.

Give it a couple of years, and the NFL highlight will show as if Peyton's offense won the Super Bowl :LOL:.

That was a very good defensive battle on both sides. Had the ball bounced differently a few times (oh, and if Newton actually tried moving around. After that big hit he received -- which I thought was legal and he wasn't down, he pretty much stopped running), the game couldn't been different.

Good for him.... I have always liked and respected Payton as a competitor and am pleased that he was able to go out in style.

He was one of my favorites. Sorry to see him go but, it's time and I'm happy for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom