Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-25-2016, 09:16 PM   #181
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Seahawks had some consistent offense, finally. Got a bit worried when Wilson went down, again. And too bad that the Rams won again. On to next week!
Birdie Num Nums is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #182
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yay! The Rams won again. They even scored a touchdown this time.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:41 AM   #183
Moderator Emeritus

The Bears could go winless.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:00 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston55 View Post

Dare I ask...Is there life after Romo?
Well, looks like there might be. Dak, Zeke & The Boys looked pretty good last night.

The real test will be the Eagles. Fortunately, The Boys might have a pass rush by then.
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Trevor 'Who'?
Old 09-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #185

Trevor 'Who'?

Trevor Siemian of the Denver Broncos was named AFC offensive player of the week. Not bad for a quarterback who's only play prior to this year was a kneel down.
Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:37 PM   #186
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston55 View Post
Well, looks like there might be. Dak, Zeke & The Boys looked pretty good last night.

The real test will be the Eagles. Fortunately, The Boys might have a pass rush by then.
However, a couple of new issues to contend with, Bryant's knee/ankle, and Collins being out for some time. Might hamper the offense a little, but I still suspect pass rush will continue to be an issue if they want to contend.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Trevor Siemian of the Denver Broncos was named AFC offensive player of the week. Not bad for a quarterback who's only play prior to this year was a kneel down.
The development of rookie QBs has been outstanding. Sieman, Groppollo, Prescott and Wentz are an example. The game is in need of the young talent to replace Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc....
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
NFL Power Rankings: Week 4
Old 09-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #188

NFL Power Rankings: Week 4

NFL Power Rankings: Week 4 (Top 20)
  1. NE
  2. DEN
  3. MIN
  4. GB
  5. SEA
  6. PHI
  7. PIT
  8. KC
  9. DAL
  10. BAL
  11. JAX
  12. ARI
  13. HOU
  14. CIN
  15. OAK
  16. NYG
  17. ATL
  18. NYJ
  19. BUF
  20. DET
Birdie Num Nums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #189
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
The development of rookie QBs has been outstanding. Sieman, Groppollo, Prescott and Wentz are an example. The game is in need of the young talent to replace Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc....
I believe only two of those QBs can be considered in their rookie year.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
NFL Power Rankings: Week 4 (Top 20)
  1. NE
  2. DEN
  3. MIN
  4. GB
  5. SEA
  6. PHI
  7. PIT
  8. KC
  9. DAL
  10. BAL
  11. JAX
  12. ARI
  13. HOU
  14. CIN
  15. OAK
  16. NYG
  17. ATL
  18. NYJ
  19. BUF
  20. DET
Up 10 spots in 2 weeks; I can live with that.
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #191
Give me a forum ...

The Rams are 2-1, and aren't even in the top 20? I know they're all defense, but still...they've beaten a couple of pretty good teams (and lost to a lousy one) and are in first in their division. How do they determine these ranking?

Edit: I see, it's just some guy's opinion. And he's got the Rams at #21. So at least a little respect there.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:54 AM   #192
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
The Rams are 2-1, and aren't even in the top 20? I know they're all defense, but still...they've beaten a couple of pretty good teams (and lost to a lousy one) and are in first in their division. How do they determine these ranking?
Well, the Texans ARE in the top 20 and are 2-1. They don't belong there after last Thursday nights performance. The way they played last week was absolutely awful. They won the first two games with impressive levels of play but not only lost the third game to the Pat's against their third string QB, they didn't scored a point. Now that JJ Watt is out, I'm not sure what they can do (defensively). But, why am I surprised. I'm a lifelong Houston fan so this is really nothing new.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:05 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Well, the Texans ARE in the top 20 and are 2-1. They don't belong there after last Thursday nights performance. The way they played last week was absolutely awful. They won the first two games with impressive levels of play but not only lost the third game to the Pat's against their third string QB, they didn't scored a point. Now that JJ Watt is out, I'm not sure what they can do (defensively). But, why am I surprised. I'm a lifelong Houston fan so this is really nothing new.
I thought The Texans had a good team before losing Watt and their performance the first two games was impressive. Their performance against the Pats last Thursday was more of a reflection on playing on a short week with all of its challenges especially for the away team and playing against a team that does not lose at home.

But I agree with you it will be extremely difficult without JJ Watt.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:48 AM   #194
gone traveling

I have been thinking Tony Romo will make it back sometime in November, only to get knocked out again. Here is another perspective on Tony's future with the Cowboys which seems plausible.Colin Cowherd thinks Tony Romo will end up with this unlikely team at the end of the year – Fan Buzz
Old 09-30-2016, 07:11 AM   #195
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
I thought The Texans had a good team before losing Watt and their performance the first two games was impressive. Their performance against the Pats last Thursday was more of a reflection on playing on a short week with all of its challenges especially for the away team and playing against a team that does not lose at home.

But I agree with you it will be extremely difficult without JJ Watt.
Although, the Pat's had the same short week, not really sure that home field advantage overcomes a third string quarterback. I really like watching JJ Watt, and I will miss seeing him in the league this year. I hope he takes the time and comes back as strong as ever.

Going to be interesting if the Pat's win this week and Seattle beats the Jets.. They will be 4-0 and all the rest of the East will be 1-3. Although I think the Pat's are going to lose this week at home, they are due for a letdown and I will be at the game.
ChiliPepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepr View Post
Going to be interesting if the Pat's win this week and Seattle beats the Jets.. They will be 4-0 and all the rest of the East will be 1-3. Although I think the Pat's are going to lose this week at home, they are due for a letdown and I will be at the game.
If the Pats win this week to go 4-0 and the Jets lose to Seattle the division race would be almost over after only 4 weeks. Against any other team this week the Pats may have a letdown but not against loud mouth Rex.

BTW This is not the scenario the league envisioned when they suspended Brady for 4 games.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:21 AM   #197
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If the Pats win this week to go 4-0 and the Jets lose to Seattle the division race would be almost over after only 4 weeks. Against any other team this week the Pats may have a letdown but not against loud mouth Rex.

BTW This is not the scenario the league envisioned when they suspended Brady for 4 games.
I really don't like the Pats (or maybe it's just Belichick and Brady) but, as I've said many times before, I really hope they win the first 4 games (looks likely) w/o Brady and lose game 5 (probably unlikely) when Brady comes back. But that would make my day.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:44 AM   #198
Give me a forum ...

If they can go 4-0 it will be like giving Goodell the middle finger so they are motivated to do that. Not only that, I think Brady is pi$$ed and will perform very well when he returns. As a team, they are highly motivated to try to run the table or at least win the Super Bowl to shove it to Goodell.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:56 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
If they can go 4-0 it will be like giving Goodell the middle finger so they are motivated to do that. Not only that, I think Brady is pi$$ed and will perform very well when he returns. As a team, they are highly motivated to try to run the table or at least win the Super Bowl to shove it to Goodell.
And if this happens and Brady is the SB MVP I hope he wouldn't show up the next day to accept the award from Goodell..........
Old 09-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #200
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I always wonder... What team out this is not "highly motivated to win the super bowl"? And why aren't they motivated? Their coach? Quarterback? Other "leaders"?

One thing is for sure, Brady will be in better shape (lack of dings and minor injuries) for game five than he has been in any other game five in his career.
ChiliPepr is offline   Reply With Quote