NFL: 2016 Season

I'm surprised the Bears are ranked that high :facepalm:.

I could say the same for Cleveland.

Funny.

Well, I think the Bears figured out the way to make Cutler the best player on the team. By getting rid of a productive veteran like Forte :facepalm:.

Funny.

Well, I think the Bears figured out the way to make Cutler the best player on the team. By getting rid of a productive veteran like Forte :facepalm:.

As a Packer fan living in Colorado, I couldn't be happier. :dance:
Forte was a real force as a pass catcher and a runner.

As a Packer fan living in Colorado, I couldn't be happier. :dance:
Forte was a real force as a pass catcher and a runner.

As a [-]new Jets[/-] Bears fan, I'm just glad he didn't sign with the Packers. A Rodgers to Forte combo would've been so deadly as a safety valve. Had he signed I would've had to start asking what would make some defect to cheer for another team? But it looks like the Packers are happy with a slimmed down Lacy and Starks.

As a [-]new Jets[/-] Bears fan, I'm just glad he didn't sign with the Packers. A Rodgers to Forte combo would've been so deadly as a safety valve. Had he signed I would've had to start asking what would make some defect to cheer for another team? But it looks like the Packers are happy with a slimmed down Lacy and Starks.

Nothing brings me more joy than the start of the NFL season.

Any bets how fast Romo is out with a back or collar bone injury?

I'll be surprised if he makes it through the pre-season.

They won't play him much in preseason. But I'm thinking, by October his season if not his career, will probably be over. Dallas should have drafted or traded for a suitable replacement two years ago. Alas, Jerry didn't think it was necessary.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Right, since he thinks the 3rd and 4th string backups can get the job done.

Almost time to move the TV back out into the garage!! See my Lions are way down the list - no Megatron!

Houston....13th:confused: hahaha!:LOL:
Maybe the writer who voted/posted this for Houston has a form of dyslexia... 31 might be correct. Although I may be to optimistic at 31.

I would feel safe saying they will not fall below 32. (this year)

Last edited:
True. Old Jerry has repeatedly shown he has a brilliant mind for football, so he must know what he's doing. Right? :)

Ha! Ha! Bring back Jimmy Johnson. He really does know what he's doing.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Kyle Orton is home working out and will be ready!

If Dak Prescott can continue playing like he did last night, the Boys found their backup. I was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe the writer who voted/posted this for Houston has a form of dyslexia... 31 might be correct. Although I may be to optimistic at 31.

I would feel safe saying they will not fall below 32. (this year)

With that awesome quarterback they [-]overpaid[/-] stole from Denver, how could they go wrong??

I think we (Houston) will surprise some people this year. I'm going to meet some friends in Denver for the MNF game in October.

With that awesome quarterback they [-]overpaid[/-] stole from Denver, how could they go wrong??
Houston always seems to find a way to screw it up. It's a skill they have developed over many years. Savage actually looked pretty good in last night preseason game, or was it SF played that bad?

I've never put too much value in who wins these preseason games regardless of who is playing in the QB position. So we will just have to wait and see what happens in September. Come to think of it, I'll need to start placing bets pretty soon. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Another stellar performance by Dak Prescott. This 5th rd pick is looking better than any of the other QBs picked in earlier rounds. Romo better look out, Dak wants your job.

Im slowly getting ready. Its been several months since I laid the bets as I do them in the spring. I am a hired hand fan. Usually a nice yearly supplemental to the fixed pensioners income, but being it is for entertainment value also, I have to bet overs. I tried unders and won, but boring. Rooting for a team to lose all year long is just not fun. Taking Ravens 8 ovr, Chargers 6.5 ovr, Falcons 7 ovr. If push the number you get your money back. I always love playing previously good teams who got unmercifully beat up with injuries last year and get rewarded with the last place schedule. Chargers and Ravens fit that bill for this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geez, Romo goes down on 3rd play, laying on ground holding his back, and then is kept out the remainder of the game. Wanted to go back in, but staff wouldn't let him. It didn't look like much of a hit, although he may have landed funny when he tried to slide down after running the ball. Dak continued to look good against a tough D.

Back
Top Bottom