Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Any bets how fast Romo is out with a back or collar bone injury?
Kyle Orton is home working out and will be ready!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
True. Old Jerry has repeatedly shown he has a brilliant mind for football, so he must know what he's doing. Right?
Ha! Ha! Bring back Jimmy Johnson. He really does know what he's doing.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:18 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Kyle Orton is home working out and will be ready!
If Dak Prescott can continue playing like he did last night, the Boys found their backup. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Maybe the writer who voted/posted this for Houston has a form of dyslexia... 31 might be correct. Although I may be to optimistic at 31.

I would feel safe saying they will not fall below 32. (this year)
With that awesome quarterback they overpaid stole from Denver, how could they go wrong??
Old 08-15-2016, 05:25 PM   #45

I think we (Houston) will surprise some people this year. I'm going to meet some friends in Denver for the MNF game in October.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
I think we (Houston) will surprise some people this year. I'm going to meet some friends in Denver for the MNF game in October.
I'm envious! It should be a fun game to attend.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
With that awesome quarterback they overpaid stole from Denver, how could they go wrong??
Houston always seems to find a way to screw it up. It's a skill they have developed over many years. Savage actually looked pretty good in last night preseason game, or was it SF played that bad?

I've never put too much value in who wins these preseason games regardless of who is playing in the QB position. So we will just have to wait and see what happens in September. Come to think of it, I'll need to start placing bets pretty soon.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #48

Another stellar performance by Dak Prescott. This 5th rd pick is looking better than any of the other QBs picked in earlier rounds. Romo better look out, Dak wants your job.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:41 AM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Im slowly getting ready. Its been several months since I laid the bets as I do them in the spring. I am a hired hand fan. Usually a nice yearly supplemental to the fixed pensioners income, but being it is for entertainment value also, I have to bet overs. I tried unders and won, but boring. Rooting for a team to lose all year long is just not fun. Taking Ravens 8 ovr, Chargers 6.5 ovr, Falcons 7 ovr. If push the number you get your money back. I always love playing previously good teams who got unmercifully beat up with injuries last year and get rewarded with the last place schedule. Chargers and Ravens fit that bill for this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #50

Geez, Romo goes down on 3rd play, laying on ground holding his back, and then is kept out the remainder of the game. Wanted to go back in, but staff wouldn't let him. It didn't look like much of a hit, although he may have landed funny when he tried to slide down after running the ball. Dak continued to look good against a tough D.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:02 AM   #51

Quote:
Another stellar performance by Dak Prescott. This 5th rd pick is looking better than any of the other QBs picked in earlier rounds. Romo better look out, Dak wants your job.
And I hope he gets it. Romo doesn't seem to have the health required to last an entire season. Prescott is good, and with enough experience, could be great.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #52
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Romo's "three plays and you are out" performance last night was even worse than I expected. Still, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I'll be surprised if he makes it through the pre-season.

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #53
Give me a forum ...

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1472226141.123379.jpg

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:11 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Funny! 😆 I don't think he'll last a month. There are linebackers looking for the opportunity to end his year. And if he's that fragile, they will.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #55
Recycles dryer sheets

I cringe when people talk about football and refer to "our" team. Or "we're" going to beat so and so. Vomit...you're not part of the team...there is no "we" and "us." You're getting excited over a bunch of dudes trying to move a leather object to the other side of the field. Just stop.

Its also hilarious that the NFL is a charitable organization. Nice of them to dodge taxes.

Seriously...you're not part of the team. The next time you say us, our, we when referring to your favorite team...take a look around and see what setting you're in. Most are either stuck in a cube farm at an office, a lot are working assembly line work and whoever is remaining are working for a corporation. Or worse yet you're retired and still care about the nfl like you're part of some team.

Next time you buy a jersey think about your favorite QB who just purchased a 10 million dollar home and 3 new exotic cars. Wake up folks.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
I cringe when people talk about football and refer to "our" team. Or "we're" going to beat so and so. Vomit...you're not part of the team...there is no "we" and "us." You're getting excited over a bunch of dudes trying to move a leather object to the other side of the field. Just stop.

Its also hilarious that the NFL is a charitable organization. Nice of them to dodge taxes.

Seriously...you're not part of the team. The next time you say us, our, we when referring to your favorite team...take a look around and see what setting you're in. Most are either stuck in a cube farm at an office, a lot are working assembly line work and whoever is remaining are working for a corporation. Or worse yet you're retired and still care about the nfl like you're part of some team.

Next time you buy a jersey think about your favorite QB who just purchased a 10 million dollar home and 3 new exotic cars. Wake up folks.
I suggest you find more important things to complain about.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #57
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I suggest you find more important things to complain about.
If anything you'll think about it the next time someone says these words. Its important for people to recognize whats happening.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If anything you'll think about it the next time someone says these words. Its important for people to recognize whats happening.
No I won't, and no it's not.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

I enjoy football, but they'll (whoever they is) be "my team" when I start getting profit sharing checks.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:12 PM   #60

Quote:
You are sounding more and more like a troll.