Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Or maybe it will be a case of the real fans can't afford the ticket prices. Thats definitely a problem at Jerry's world.

I have the best seat in the my house...

But the restroom is close, and the beer is cold and cheap.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #82
Give me a forum ...

Old 09-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #83
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I have the best seat in the my house...

But the restroom is close, and the beer is cold and cheap.
Yep, my big screen is not as big as Jerry's, but its pretty darn awesome for watching sports.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:59 AM   #84
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post

I was speaking in relative terms. I could drink a few craft beers at home, or warm, foamy cup of Bud Light at The Jerrydome...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #85

Wow!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:55 PM   #86

That opening game was exactly what I was hoping for--a tightly contested game resulting in a Carolina loss. Glad I stayed up late to watch but now it's time for bed.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #87

Happy for the other old guy, so good to see DeMarcus nail CN. DeMarcus frequently comes to my gym in the off season and is a great guy and a beast with the weights.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Now that Manning has ER'd , I'm not that interested in following Denver "except" I hope they beat Cam Newton (oops , I mean the Panthers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
+1 then we can see Cam brood about it... what a poor sport. I didn't like him when he was in college, was starting to turn the corner on him during the season last year but his antics after losing the SB have me going the other way again.
this morning! What a great game last night to kick off the 2016-2017 season! The poise of that new QB for Denver was particularly impressive given his relative inexperience in the NFL. I'm just hoping that Jimmy Garoppolo shows the same poise (and result) on Sunday for the Patriots.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #89
Give me a forum ...

I must admit, I only watched a small portion of the game from just before halftime to the start of the 3rd quarter, then I called it a night.

From what I read though is there was a lot of hard hitting and some questionable no-calls which makes, once again no one knows what the rules are for the NFL.

Quote:
The Broncos won. They earned it. They deserved it. They beat the Carolina Panthers with Trevor Siemian at quarterback. That is no small achievement. That is like going to the moon in a Prius. The Broncos defense is still the best in football. With that defense, Denver will be almost impossible to beat. Yes, the Broncos are still the team to beat, even with first-time starter Siemian at quarterback.
However...
The most-discussed topic from this game won't be the physical, gutsy 21-20 win. It won't be the 50-yard attempt at a game-winner by Panthers kicker Graham Gano that went wide left. It won't be the brilliant play of that cement block of a Denver defense.
Head-Hunting of Cam Newton, Refs' No-Calls Overshadow Great Defense by Denver | Bleacher Report

One game down in the season and already the officiating (or lack of) is already in question .
Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
I must admit, I only watched a small portion of the game from just before halftime to the start of the 3rd quarter, then I called it a night.

From what I read though is there was a lot of hard hitting and some questionable no-calls which makes, once again no one knows what the rules are for the NFL.

Head-Hunting of Cam Newton, Refs' No-Calls Overshadow Great Defense by Denver | Bleacher Report

One game down in the season and already the officiating (or lack of) is already in question .
I only saw the second half. I'm shocked at the no calls. Funny message the league is sending. I'll wait and see, perhaps the officials weren't in top form.

Hats off to both teams, heck of a game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 09-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #91
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
I only saw the second half. I'm shocked at the no calls. Funny message the league is sending. I'll wait and see, perhaps the officials weren't in top form.

Hats off to both teams, heck of a game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
I just hope not the NFL doesn't over compensate and start throwing flags for anything at all.

Having Newton play sacrificing his body was the approach the Panthers should have used in the SB.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #92
Full time employment: Posting here.

Go Hawks!
Old 09-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post

I recorded the game, then speed watched (FF thru commercials & btwn plays) it last night; also re-watched the QB hits in question. I personally saw only one clear no-call that I thought was a mistake; the helmet crown hit on Newton in the pocket. The rest I saw as good, hard, clean hits.

I do believe that different QBs are treated somewhat differently (i.e.: Brady is treated with kid gloves). Other than that though, I think the biggest difference in treatment is btwn 'pocket' vs 'running' QBs, with the latter getting fewer roughing-the-passer calls; understandable so, IMO.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #94
Give me a forum ...

NFL: 2016 Season

My Lord.... If the Chargers play the rest of the season like they have the first 25 minutes of the season, I made a big mistake.....I shouldnt have put the $1500 on Chargers 6.5 over....I should have went to the bank and got a $150,000 home equity loan out and put it on the 6.5 over... Wow, they all over Chiefs in KC first half...
Old 09-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #95
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
My Lord.... If the Chargers play the rest of the season like they have the first 25 minutes of the season, I made a big mistake.....I shouldnt have put the $1500 on Chargers 6.5 over....I should have went to the bank and got a $150,000 home equity loan out and put it on the 6.5 over... Wow, they all over Chiefs in KC first half...

That is why NFL stands for "Not For Long" . K. Allen goes down, punter sucks and next thing you know KC is back... Might be regretting the $1500 soon let alone the home mortgage loan, ha!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #96

Quote:
That is why NFL stands for "Not For Long" . K. Allen goes down, punter sucks and next thing you know KC is back... Might be regretting the $1500 soon let alone the home mortgage loan, ha!
My $1k this week was on the Texans, so I guess I should thank the Bears for this one. Neither team was impressive. Brock Osweiler (who is making well over 1 million per game this year) was intercepted on his first series of plays. Overall, the Texans looked better in all their pre-season games than they did today, but somehow still won the game. I'll need to seriously reconsider future wagers on these guys.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #97
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
My $1k this week was on the Texans, so I guess I should thank the Bears for this one. Neither team was impressive. Brock Osweiler (who is making well over 1 million per game this year) was intercepted on his first series of plays. Overall, the Texans looked better in all their pre-season games than they did today, but somehow still won the game. I'll need to seriously reconsider future wagers on these guys.
One game in and I'm already thinking future draft picks with regards to the Bears .
Old 09-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #98

Quote:
What was that? I don't think I heard you.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #99
Full time employment: Posting here.

Lions tried but couldn't find a way to lose. Amazing clock management in the last minute - NOT! Thought Stafford was going to have a stroke!
Old 09-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #100
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
What was that? I don't think I heard you.

Didnt last did it! But that is why I bet season totals. Ya just have to stay patient... Last year my big bet was Texans 8.5 over...They started 2-5, was 6-7 late and won last 3 to cover the bet on the last game of season. And as an opposite example a few year back I had Buffalo 6.5 over and they started out 5-1. If it hadnt been for Tim Tebow being a QB week 16 I would have lost that bet because they finished 7-9 and barely covered. One never knows until its over...But...I have won too many years in a row...Payback is around the corner soon...