Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #61
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
You are sounding more and more like a troll.
Not trying to be. Its not just football...its any sports team. Just an observation I make when people discuss sports.

I understand being passionate but sometimes people need to take a step back. Look at soccer. People riot and kill each other in other countries because of outcomes of "their" team.

That or if you talk about a team you like and someone else does not like them they almost get defensive and angry. Grown adults getting angry over who likes what team. Its madness. Its even worse in stadiums. I remember as a kid seeing the mob like mentality at footballs games. Havent been back since.

When my cousin was younger he used to smash tv remotes when the yankees lost.
ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2016, 01:16 PM   #62
Administrator

Quote:
You are sounding more and more like a troll.
And you know what they say .. DFTT

Just reminding everyone of the ignore button.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post

I understand being passionate but sometimes people need to take a step back. Look at soccer. People riot and kill each other in other countries because of outcomes of "their" team.

That or if you talk about a team you like and someone else does not like them they almost get defensive and angry. Grown adults getting angry over who likes what team. Its madness.
If people would only be more reasonable and follow the same philosophy of tolerance toward others - like they do with religion. Oh, wait...
Old 08-26-2016, 01:36 PM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Now this is what I call living it up. I admire a guy that sticks to his priorities :

Quote:
Colts quarterback Andrew Luck became the highest-paid player in NFL history when he signed a six-year, $140 million contract during the offseason.

That much money allows Luck to buy basically whatever he wants: a new house, some new cars, a trip around the world or designer watches for his offensive linemen who protect him.

Who knows how Luck plans to spend his millions -- one thing he's not going to do, though, is change the type of cellphone he uses.
Luck used his Facebook page to let his fans know he recently purchased a new phone.

A new flip phone.
How did Andrew Luck splurge after agreeing to $140 million deal? A new flip phone - Indianapolis Colts Blog- ESPN
Old 08-26-2016, 05:04 PM   #65
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
....When my cousin was younger he used to smash tv remotes when the yankees lost.
He must have gone through a lot of remotes.

On the other stuff... lighten up. To each there own... what skin is ot off your nose?

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #66
gone traveling

Romo now out indefinitely with back injury; I would say time to retire.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #67
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Romo now out indefinitely with back injury; I would say time to retire.
A report from PFT put him out 6-10 weeks with a broken bone in his back but Jason Garrett won't rule him out for game one

But if it is a broken bone in his back he should retire. He's too fragile to play in the NFL.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
A report from PFT put him out 6-10 weeks with a broken bone in his back but Jason Garrett won't rule him out for game one

But if it is a broken bone in his back he should retire. He's too fragile to play in the NFL.
It may depend on how Dak Prescott does... the good news is that he has done very well in the preseason. The bad new is that it is the preseason.

Who knows, it might be shades of Kurt Warner taking over after Trent Green got hurt in preseason...
Old 09-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #69

NFL Power Rankings: Week 1

NFL Power Rankings: Week 1
  1. CAR
  2. ARI
  3. SEA
  4. GB
  5. NE
  6. DEN
  7. PIT
  8. KC
  9. CIN
  10. MIN
  11. OAK
  12. HOU
  13. WAS
  14. NYJ
  15. TB
  16. BUF
  17. JAX
  18. DAL
  19. NYG
  20. BAL
  21. MIA
  22. TEN
  23. DET
  24. IND
  25. ATL
  26. PHI
  27. NO
  28. LA
  29. SD
  30. CHI
  31. SF
  32. CLE
First game is tomorrow, Thursday: DEN vs. CAR. Should be a good one!
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #70
Give me a forum ...

Now that the Rams are an LA team again, I have an NFL team to root for! Yeah! Go Rams!

Hopefully they'll become competitive before they move somewhere else.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Now that Manning has ER'd , I'm not that interested in following Denver "except" I hope they beat Cam Newton (oops , I mean the Panthers)
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #72
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Now that Manning has ER'd I'm not that interested in following Denver "except" I hope they beat Cam Newton (oops , I mean the Panthers)
+1 then we can see Cam brood about it... what a poor sport. I didn't like him when he was in college, was starting to turn the corner on him during the season last year but his antics after losing the SB have me going the other way again.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Now that the Rams are an LA team again, I have an NFL team to root for! Yeah! Go Rams!

Glad you got them! And this from a STL guy who religiously bought NFL package to avoid having to watch them! STL deserved to lose them, with that crap mausoleum facility built...Horrible fan experience.
I was actually more disappointed in the fan experience of crappy parking facilities for tailgating and worse indoor dome experience.
I dont think most area fans are even upset at LA (and they shouldnt since they were stolen to begin with), but at the Mo native who moved them. Most are more upset now that Khan wasnt allowed to buy the team, instead of Kroenke getting them.
That new stadium sure is going to look nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #74
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Do you think LA will support the team in the numbers they need? There's a lot to do in LA on a Sunday. Its not like Green Bay where the only other options are to ice fish and freeze, snowmobile and freeze or drink beer and freeze.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #75
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Do you think LA will support the team in the numbers they need? There's a lot to do in LA on a Sunday. Its not like Green Bay where the only other options are to ice fish and freeze, snowmobile and freeze or drink beer and freeze.
I'm sure it will be like the Dodgers. They'll sell a lot of tickets, but the stands will be empty by the end of the third quarter. Got to beat that traffic, and once they're sure they've been seen, well, what's the point?
Old 09-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #76
gone traveling

Quote:
I'm sure it will be like the Dodgers. They'll sell a lot of tickets, but the stands will be empty by the end of the third quarter. Got to beat that traffic, and once they're sure they've been seen, well, what's the point?
Or maybe it will be a case of the real fans can't afford the ticket prices. Thats definitely a problem at Jerry's world.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
It may depend on how Dak Prescott does... the good news is that he has done very well in the preseason. The bad new is that it is the preseason.

Who knows, it might be shades of Kurt Warner taking over after Trent Green got hurt in preseason...
We can only hope!

It's been a long drought in Dallas; I could use a few SB runs.
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #78

Quote:

I do have to warn you about the Rams' owner. He's as bad as owner as any of them in pro sports. The Kroenke family just collects teams, but does't maintain them very well IMO.

My perspective comes from Denver, where he owns the NHL team (Avalanche), the the NBA Nugget, the Lacrosse team Colorado mammoth and the Pepsi center where all three play. Plus the Major league soccer team the Colorado Rapids and the stadium that they play in, Dick's Sporting goods Park, plus the TV station that carries all those teams, Altitude sports network. He also owns the Arsenal team in the English premier league, plus he had a bid in for the Dodgers when they were for sale.

"We live the lives we lead because of the thoughts we think" ...Michael O’Neill
"We can cannot compel others to do our will" ....Norman Goldman
"There never is shortage of the gullible to accept the illogical"...Anonymous
timo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #79
Give me a forum ...

No need to warn me. I lived through the Rosenbloom years when Georgia Frontiere destroyed the Rams. I like having a team to root for, though, even when they suck.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #80
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo2 View Post
I do have to warn you about the Rams' owner. He's as bad as owner as any of them in pro sports. The Kroenke family just collects teams, but does't maintain them very well IMO.

My perspective comes from Denver, where he owns the NHL team (Avalanche), the the NBA Nugget, the Lacrosse team Colorado mammoth and the Pepsi center where all three play. Plus the Major league soccer team the Colorado Rapids and the stadium that they play in, Dick's Sporting goods Park, plus the TV station that carries all those teams, Altitude sports network. He also owns the Arsenal team in the English premier league, plus he had a bid in for the Dodgers when they were for sale.

Lets finish out your thoughts, Timo...The Arsenal fans hate him with a passion too from what I have read... If his net worth was based on the love his teams fans have for him anywhere, he would be homeless and
living under a bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote