NFL: 2017 Season

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
header-shield.png

The 2017 NFL Season pretty much starts today, with a ton of pre-season games being played tonight thru Sunday. Yippy!

Today? I watched the Texans play Carolina last night. And didn't Dallas play someone last weekend:confused:?
That's right. But tonight has an onslaught of games (seven, I think), with a bunch more over the next few days. That's why I qualified my statement by saying "pretty much starts today." ;)

Last edited:
Packers have a tough schedule and could very possibly lose their first two games. That being said, they should be in contention for the NFC Championship and they are my pick. I hope to see any team other than NE in the AFC Championship.

If the Cowboy players can stay out of jail and off suspension, they might be competitive. Anyway glad the season is almost here.

the ticket prices for the exhibition games are surprisingly low. some as low as $2.

Pre season games are a yawn. I don't watch any.....

Wake me up when the season starts and everybody gunning for the defending SB champs....

Go Pats:dance:

I have to agree. It's really a thinning out process more than a real game.

I also do not watch pre-season but watch as much regular/post season as I can.

All I can say is the NFL Zeke Elliot investigation seems to be taking as long as the russian collusion one:facepalm:

It's about time we got started. Baseball just isn't doing it for me. And no World Cup or UEFA championship to watch.

I watched most of the Texans/Panthers game Wednesday night. It was almost impossible to watch since the video feed keep freezing. I'm not sure if it was a problem with the network feed or DirectTv but it was so bad I switched to watch something else after the 3rd quarter.

From what I saw, I can only hope Houston wasn't trying to win. :nonono:

All I can say is the NFL Zeke Elliot investigation seems to be taking as long as the russian collusion one:facepalm:
Local news: Zeke got a 6 game suspension. Without him, Dak is going going to experience what an all out blitz really feels like. Zeke can appeal, of course.

Prediction: The Cowboys lose 3 of the 6 games.

Local news: Zeke got a 6 game suspension. Without him, Dak is going going to experience what an all out blitz really feels like. Zeke can appeal, of course.

I bet they would take 3-3 right now. They have a fairly tough schedule early.

Yep, not good and the Cowboys already have to deal with several other suspensions which may likely take them out of contention this season. In situations like this, its unfortunate that the fans and the other players also in effect get penalized by the morons. It does seem like the commissioner takes delight in hitting the Cowboys more so than other teams, although I could be wrong on that point.

While these suspensions are without pay, I really would prefer to let them play without pay, but also be subject to additional fines that would go to charity. No better form of punishment than hitting them in the wallet.

Lions will win it all. Hahahahahahahaha. Words that haven't been seriously spoken in 60 years.

Ouch!

These pre-season games might not count, officially, but those season-ending injuries sure do. Seahawks lost a promising O-lineman in Fant, now the Pats' have lost WR Edelman for the season, also due to a torn ACL. Ouch!

These pre-season games might not count, officially, but those season-ending injuries sure do. Seahawks lost a promising O-lineman in Fant, now the Pats' have lost WR Edelman for the season, also due to a torn ACL. Ouch!

That's why it's extremely difficult in Football to repeat as a champion or to make it to SB for that matter due to injuries but losing key players in a pre season game hurts even more.

Got a large bet on Tampa Bay, need to cover 4 points against Cleveland, I need them to be up by at least 3 by halftime too

That's why it's extremely difficult in Football to repeat as a champion or to make it to SB for that matter due to injuries but losing key players in a pre season game hurts even more.

That is sad news... I enjoy watching Edelman and like his attitude. I saw the play and was hopeful it was not bad.

The only saving grace is that the Pats have a good history of finding guys to step up to the challenge and I think it likely that one of the other WRs will step up his game to help fill the void.... puts more pressure on Amendola and Hogan to have a stellar seasons.

Back
Top Bottom