Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #221
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
Manning is a great qb but you just cant stop a jail break. He reminds of Terry Eason tonite. Lets face it he never saw a defense like this all year.

Tony Eason? I used to see him in college. Yes, he was shell shocked by the Bears.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #222
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Oh well, a Beat Down of a game

Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #223

Epic fail! I guess when the snap on the opening play from scrimmage sails into the end-zone for a safety one may have to expect that it is going to be a long night.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #224

That may have been the worst Super Bowl ever, especially considering the buzz about the matchup and how competitive it was expected to be. Yes, I remember the 55-10 Super Bowl (also a beat down of the Broncos at the hands of Joe Montana's 49ers), but this one just felt more unwatchable.

Unless you are a Seahawks fan, of course.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #225

I agree, it was the worst. But there's no doubt about who won.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #226
Recycles dryer sheets

My words have turned to gold. Thank you, Seahawks!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #227
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Unless you are a Seahawks fan, of course.

It's loud in Seattle tonight. Honkin horns, fireworks, you name it. It's not a city known for winning championships, so there's a lot of celebrating going on.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #228
Recycles dryer sheets

It is all perspective. I thought it was a great game (being a Seahawks fan), well executed by Seattle, spread out fine play by many Seattle players, was tough to pick a MVP, and frankly I thought Harvin deserved it. Really only played this one game but worth every penny. Seattle played their game Boss, nothing else to say.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #229

For the Cowboys fans...

No doubt a continuous prosperity, though spendthrift, is preferable to an economy thriftily moral, though lean. Nevertheless, that prosperity would seem more soundly shored if, by a saving grace, more of us had the grace to save.

Life Magazine editorial, 1956
Htown Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyman View Post
I agree, it was the worst. But there's no doubt about who won.
That's true. At least no one can deny that the better team won.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

Old 02-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #231

The Broncos broke the 2007 Patriots' records in most offensive categories like points, TDs etc... Both teams were defeated by a better defensive teams and the only consolation I have being a PATS fan is that their game against the Giants was competitive and they lost by 3 points.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #232
Give me a forum ...

Awful. A blowout game, a so-so halftime and few if any great commercials (except we loved the puppy & the Clydesdale). But you have to hand it to the Seahawks, I don't know how they could have played better, one of the best defensive team efforts I've ever seen.

I'd hate to be a Denver fan today, but we know what it feels like (same way we felt after the Pats last two SB appearances).

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #233

I thought Bruno Mars did all right. RHCP were sort of like the Broncos .. they made an appearance, but didn't really do much.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #234

This is far better than anything I saw last night, what a horrible no contest game. Also the commercials were disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
For the Cowboys fans...

Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #235
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
Broncos now hold a record of sorts: 7 SB appearances with only 2 wins.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #236

Manning has been choking in big games going all the way back to his college days. Look up his record in bowl games or games vs Florida which was his big rival at Tennessee. Ive never seen a QB that is good that is so mediocre in the biggest games. Romo is close but hes never been "so good" and has never really been in a "huge" game. He's like Manning but on a smaller scale
Old 02-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Manning has been choking in big games going all the way back to his college days. Look up his record in bowl games or games vs Florida which was his big rival at Tennessee. Ive never seen a QB that is good that is so mediocre in the biggest games. Romo is close but hes never been "so good" and has never really been in a "huge" game. He's like Manning but on a smaller scale
In my opinion, it was not so much Manning choking. His OL was horrible as was their defense.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Manning did make some questionable decisions under pressure. That said, Denver's offensive line was flat out terrible. Manning was making plays when the O-line gave him good protection, but that was very rare.

Now before someone corrects me and says it was just Seattle's defensive line playing like monsters, yes, they did. But that alone can't really account for ALL of just how bad Denver's pass protection was. They barely even showed up.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #239
Give me a forum ...

The irony was during the game, Manning struggled and looked like an old Johnny Unitas while the commercials had former Denver QB Tim Tebow having a good old time.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
The irony was during the game, Manning struggled and looked like an old Johnny Unitas....
Yeah, like Johnny Unitas when he was with the Chargers. Or Joe Namath with the Rams, for that matter.