Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
why does he make so many commercials. Sick of looking at his mug.
He had 13 million reasons($) to do those commercials in 2013.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Papa John's are the only commercials I've noticed, what else does he promote? I've always admired Peyton though, I remember watching his Dad play in college. I'd watch a thousand Peyton ads before I'd watch any with Cutler. YMMV
DirectTV, mastercard, and General Motors are 3 of the current big deals he has.
Ka-Ching! 4 Companies Cashing In on Peyton Manning's Success (PZZA)
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
[Snip]
Indifferent on the NFC teams this year, but I'd pick Seattle, they are impressive despite the 12th man nonsense. So I expect the SB to be Seattle vs Denver or the Pats, safe but probably wrong....
Belittle the Seattle 12th Man all you want, but the highly enthusiastic #GoHawks fan influence on games at home and away has been noticed by opponents and media pundits.
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
Belittle the Seattle 12th Man all you want, but our influence on games at home and away is noticeable by our opponents and by media pundits.
And it helps when you refuse to sell tickets to buyers outside the Pacific Northwest states.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
And it helps when you refuse to sell tickets to buyers outside the Pacific Northwest states.
Huh? Please explain.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Huh? Please explain.
Y! SPORTS

Quote:
The organization is just not ready for a 13th man supporting another team in their stadium.

Seattle will host the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC championship game on Sunday. Apparently, the Seahawks are willing to do whatever it takes to solidify home-field advantage.

According to SFGate.com, the Seahawks are limiting ticket sales to just six states and the Canadian provinces for the upcoming playoff game. Only credit cards with addresses from Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii will be allowed to buy tickets for the game at CenturyLink Field.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #47

Quote:
Dang! That doesn't seem right. Thanks for the source. I hope something is "off" by that report. Let's see how this all plays out in the end.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Dang! That doesn't seem right. Thanks for the source. I hope something is "off" by that report. Let's see how this all plays out in the end.
My hometown Blues hockey team tried a limitation scheme to keep the Blackhawk fans from swarming The Scottrade Center. Didn't work, they just bought the tickets off Stubhub and came in droves anyways.
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #49

as long as no harbaughs are in the super bowl, I don't care.

"We live the lives we lead because of the thoughts we think" ...Michael O’Neill
"We can cannot compel others to do our will" ....Norman Goldman
"There never is shortage of the gullible to accept the illogical"...Anonymous
timo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Belittle the Seattle 12th Man all you want, but the highly enthusiastic #GoHawks fan influence on games at home and away has been noticed by opponents and media pundits.
I'm from a generation where sportsmanship was a requisite part of sports. Making noise just for the purpose of making it impossible for the opponents to even hear their snap count is BS at any stadium (not just Seattle though they seem to promote it more than most others). I object to defensive players very aggressively going for the strip more than making a tackle. I object to fans screaming and waving noodles when opponents are shooting free throws. Just to name a few.

Sportsmanship seems to be passé, that's sad to me. I am an old fuddy duddy, oh well...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo2 View Post
as long as no harbaughs are in the super bowl, I don't care.
+1......I don't much about John but his brother Jim is a a jerk. Big crybaby
ripper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #52

Quote:
I'm from a generation where sportsmanship was a requisite part of sports. Making noise just for the purpose of making it impossible for the opponents to even hear their snap count, at any stadium not just Seattle though they seem to promote it more than most others. I object to defensive players going to great lengths for the strip more than making a tackle. I object to fans screaming and waving noodles when opponents are shooting free throws. Just to name a few.

Sportsmanship seems to be passé, that's sad to me. I am an old fuddy duddy, oh well...
With the price of tickets they charge nowadays they are entitled to do what they want.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #53
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I object to defensive players going to great lengths for the strip more than making a tackle.
And when defenders (especially the DBs) "tackle", more often than not they don't really tackle; they just launch themselves into the ball carrier like a missile, hoping to knock him down. It's not a "tackle" in the traditional sense since there's no wrapping up using the arms and pulling them down.

I think that style of tackling and hitting is a major contributor to the growing concussion problem in the NFL.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
With the price of tickets they charge nowadays they are entitled to do what they want.
They can strip naked and streak on the field?

Yes, that's an extreme example, but when you buy a ticket you are agreeing to a contract (read the back of the ticket) which includes guidelines about acceptable behavior in the stadium. Sure, no team is going to discourage people from screaming when the other team has the ball to disrupt their offense, but the point remains that "I bought a ticket" does not equal "I have the right to do whatever I want in the stadium," whether you paid $5 or $500 for the ticket.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
My hometown Blues hockey team tried a limitation scheme to keep the Blackhawk fans from swarming The Scottrade Center. Didn't work, they just bought the tickets off Stubhub and came in droves anyways.
How bout dem Blues are they ready to unseat my Blackhawks?
Old 01-13-2014, 07:40 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We disagree, but clearly I'm in the minority. What does sportsmanship mean these days, nothing? What does setting an example mean these days? Permeates everything these days, not just sports. Again, I'm a fuddy duddy in this regard...I know it.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #57

Quote:
We disagree, but clearly I'm in the minority. What does sportsmanship mean these days, nothing? What does setting an example mean these days? Permeates everything these days, not just sports. Again, I'm a fuddy duddy in this regard...I know it.
No you are right. My comment was meant to be sarcastic.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
They can strip naked and streak on the field?

Yes, that's an extreme example, but when you buy a ticket you are agreeing to a contract (read the back of the ticket) which includes guidelines about acceptable behavior in the stadium. Sure, no team is going to discourage people from screaming when the other team has the ball to disrupt their offense, but the point remains that "I bought a ticket" does not equal "I have the right to do whatever I want in the stadium," whether you paid $5 or $500 for the ticket.
Yes, utube is full of examples of folks violating acceptable behavior contracts.

No need to glorify their stupidity here. It does make one think, am I willing to pay to sit next to some jerk? I'm glad the stadiums, at least in this area, are doing better at taming down unacceptable behavior.
MRG
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
How bout dem Blues are they ready to unseat my Blackhawks?
Probably won't get a chance to find out if we are paired up against our kryptonite, the LA Kings in the first round..
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #60
Give me a forum ...

OK, my laziness got out of hand. This is The Jet Song. Patriot fans don't look kindly on the Jets, but this is hard to beat.

The character singing is "Riff" and it's not an easy song to sing.

http://youtu.be/exGJsv6ZNlo

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote