Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
The zebras who said the Seahawks recovered that fumble at the 1 yard line really got lucky that Seattle botched the subsequent 4th down play, or else they would have decided the game. It's ridiculous that a play that obviously and easily overturned wasn't reviewable.
Watching the replay, what comes to mind is OUCH! The injury looked gruesome.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #102
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

As a Seattle-area homeboy, I am hoping the NFL refs don't have a fond heart for any "Peyton Manning Story" like they did for the "Jerome Bettis Story" when the Seahawks last went to the Superbowl. Their calls were ALL in favor of the Steelers at that Superbowl.

Go Hawks!
Birdie Num Nums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #103
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
I admit I'm a biased Seattle-area homeboy, but that SF vs. Seattle NFC Championship game was high drama, unlike the much ballyhooed Brady-Manning snorefest!
Well, I wasn't much going to care other than wanting a good game, but now I hope Manning burns Sherman badly and repeatedly. That was no class.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #104
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Watching the replay, what comes to mind is OUCH! The injury looked gruesome.
It says something for him that despite that injury, he clutched the ball and maintained possession of it through the entire play (or should have been ruled as having done so).
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #105
Give me a forum ...

It was an exciting game. The refs did get lucky that their botched ruling didn't matter.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #106
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It says something for him that despite that injury, he clutched the ball and maintained possession of it through the entire play (or should have been ruled as having done so).
I was thinking the same thing about him holding onto the ball.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #107

With this win over the SF 49ers today, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is now tied for the most wins of any QB in NFL history for their first two years during the SuperBowl era. If the Seahawks win the NFL Lombardi Trophy in two weeks at the SuperBowl game, Wilson will shine alone. Go Hawks!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #108
Full time employment: Posting here.

Oh God (or Gods...Thor....whatever)....another couple weeks of football madness. Oh well....if it keeps people off the streets. Oh poop.....it just hit me.....the Olympics hit about the same time as this game....crap. The adverts are going to be endlessly annoying. Kind of like my posts.......
F4mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #109
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4mandolin View Post
Oh God (or Gods...Thor....whatever)....another couple weeks of football madness. Oh well....if it keeps people off the streets
Some people do get a little too carried away with it, but it's called a "diversion"....
Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #110

Quote:
Some people do get a little too carried away with it, but it's called a "diversion"....
I don't know if it is a claim to fame...or something....but the guy who goes to the Seahawks game in the Hulk "outfit" I graduated HS with from Castle Rock WA.
F4mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #111

Quote:
Actually, it's called "entertainment."
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #112
Give me a forum ...

I wonder if Richard Sherman still believes this after his post-game trashfest:

Seahawks' Richard Sherman: People hate me for no reason

Quote:
Actually, it's called "entertainment."
Which is a form of diversion.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
Defense wins Super Bowls. Seattle will destroy the Broncos.
As a long time Steeler fan, I agree with this statement. Well, the part that defense wins Super Bowls. However, Seattle doesnt have the type of team that destroys other teams. They run the ball, chew up the clock and play smothering defense (just like Steeler teams of the past). They dont score enough playing that way to crush people very often.

So if by "destroy" you mean that Seattle will win by 14+ points, I seriously doubt it. I do think Seattle will win though.
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #114

Quote:
With this win over the SF 49ers today, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is now tied for the most wins of any QB in NFL history for their first two years during the SuperBowl era. If the Seahawks win the NFL Lombardi Trophy in two weeks at the SuperBowl game, Wilson will shine alone. Go Hawks!
Im rooting for Seattle but stats like this are just dumb. Put Russell Wilson on Cleveland and lets see how many wins he has. Hes a smart young QB with a punishing running game and a smothering defense. Any QB that keeps his mistakes to a minimum will win in a situation like this.
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #115

My four favorite NFL teams in order are:

1) Broncos
2) Patriots
3) Seahawks
4) 49ers

Needless to say its been a great football year in our house, and every playoff game has gone my way. Can't wait for the Super Bowl … Go Broncos!
NanoSour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #116
Recycles dryer sheets

GO SEAHAWKS!!
I live in the Greater Seattle area, so it's going to be a crazy12th Man time around here for two weeks.
My annual Super Bowl party will be a lot more exciting and fun this year for sure.
Turboslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #117
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
As a long time Steeler fan, I agree with this statement. Well, the part that defense wins Super Bowls.

Unless the refs screw Seattle again like what happened with Pittsburgh DOH!
Sorry, just had to bring it up again lol
Turboslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:47 AM   #118
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboslacker View Post
Unless the refs screw Seattle again like what happened with Pittsburgh DOH!
They tried to pay it back by ruling Seattle recovered their own fumble at the 1 yard line when the replay clearly showed that was a garbage call, but the Seahawks refused to accept the gift and fumbled away the next play on 4th down...
Old 01-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #119
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I wonder if Richard Sherman still believes this after his post-game trashfest: Seahawks' Richard Sherman: People hate me for no reason Which is a form of diversion.
I was having a Clubber Lang, Rocky III, flashback listening to his rant. Kind of funny, actually to me.
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #120
Recycles dryer sheets

Sherman need treatment for a speech pathology problem. I cannot understand a word he says.
sanfanciscotreat is offline   Reply With Quote