Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #141
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
May be the only way us Cowboy fans ever get another Super Bowl.
The Cowboys need only one trade to have any chance at success - their owner.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #142
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
And while we're at it. Reverse 'The Catch' and declare the Cowboys winners for that year. May be the only way us Cowboy fans ever get another Super Bowl.
Jerry Jones won't live forever.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #143
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Some of us aren't sure he's living in this world right now.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #144
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Now there is a OMY syndrome we would all like to cure. Not wishing death mind you. But retirement would be great. Just spitballing here. But I'm guessing his nestegg probably covers all his needs save his ego.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #145
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
That's what Raiders fans kept telling themselves about Al Davis. Even though he's been gone over two years, his legacy is still affecting the team.
IBWino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #146
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
The Cowboys need only one trade to have any chance at success - their owner.
Romo isn't doing Dallas any favors either...technically capable but that's it.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #147
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I didn't believe this year was his fault at all, that defense was an absolute disgrace accept for a couple of games. They had 2 games this year that the opposing team didn't even punt the entire game!
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #148
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
The irony is that with his December/playoff choke reputation on the line, Romo engineered and gutted out an impressive comeback win over Washington, carrying the team on his back ion the last five minutes while in extreme pain and making ridiculous plays to keep hope alive all the way. And when it looked like he might finally be putting the "choker" label aside with a win like that, he had to have back surgery and miss the final game of the season.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #149
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
The irony is that with his December/playoff choke reputation on the line, Romo engineered and gutted out an impressive comeback win over Washington, carrying the team on his back ion the last five minutes while in extreme pain. And when it looked like he might finally be putting the "choker" label aside with a win like that, he had to have back surgery and miss the final game of the season.
Added irony... Then Orton throws the game winning drive pick on last series of the game instead.... Ya, I'm bitter... Cowboys fan and loser of $1000 on the Dallas 8.5 season win over. Oh well cashed on Chargers, Vikings, and Bengals season totals so it was a winning year.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #150
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Cowboys fan and loser of $1000 on the Dallas 8.5 season win over.
Ouch. But it seems like the Cowboys mantra under Jerry Jones should be "8-8 Forever". I doubt that any other team in NFL history has finished exactly .500 three years running and thus reached the pinnacle of mediocrity.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #151
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Ouch. But it seems like the Cowboys mantra under Jerry Jones should be "8-8 Forever". I doubt that any other team in NFL history has finished exactly .500 three years running and thus reached the pinnacle of mediocrity.
Funny you say that Ziggy. I was thinking that this past summer, they should have been 12-4 with all the bad luck breaks they got. No way it happens this year. I swear I watch the same season over and over with them.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #152

I'm hearing that the NFL has announced a few changes in the big game:

• Kickoff has been moved to 4:20
  • Dunkin Donuts has been named the sponsor of a reorganized Bud Bowl
  • The local arrangements committee promises that Met Life Stadium will have plenty of natural grass
  • Frito Lay has purchased every single one of the commercial spots available
  • Pink Floyd and Willie Nelson will replace Bruno Mars as the halftime entertainment.
  • Snoop Dogg gets the national anthem.
  • The Washington and Colorado governors will make a very unique bet...
  • The winning team will wear official NFL Champion baja hoodies for the trophy presentation
No doubt a continuous prosperity, though spendthrift, is preferable to an economy thriftily moral, though lean. Nevertheless, that prosperity would seem more soundly shored if, by a saving grace, more of us had the grace to save.

Life Magazine editorial, 1956
Htown Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #153
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Funny you say that Ziggy. I was thinking that this past summer, they should have been 12-4 with all the bad luck breaks they got. No way it happens this year. I swear I watch the same season over and over with them.
I did a little more Googling, and surprisingly the current Cowboys are actually the *third* team in NFL history to log three straight .500 seasons (none has ever done it four times). The first was the 1983-85 Packers, and the second was the 1996-98 Houston/Tennessee Oilers. Still, to add to the recent Dallas resume of mediocrity, the Cowboys record since 1997? 136 wins, 136 losses.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #154
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
I'm hearing that the NFL has announced a few changes in the big game...
Also, the game will be played in eighths, not quarters....
Old 01-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
I'm hearing that the NFL has announced a few changes in the big game:
and a name change... Stoner Bowl

Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks to Meet in Stoner Bowl | High Times
rbmrtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #156
Give me a forum ...

While an avid Pats fan, I concede that Denver and Seattle are the cream of the 2013-14 crop and they showed it this weekend (though I thought the 49ers looked real strong too). I was inclined to root against Denver but my despise of Pete Carroll and this ding-bat classless Sherman clown trump my dislike of Peyton/Welker so I guess I will be rooting for Denver, "without enthusiasm".

I thought Orton played great in a tough situation in that last Cowboys game other than that last pass being a foot or so behind the receiver.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #157
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
While an avid Pats fan, I concede that Denver and Seattle are the cream of the 2013-14 crop and they showed it this weekend (though I thought the 49ers looked real strong too). I was inclined to root against Denver but my despise of Pete Carroll and this ding-bat classless Sherman clown trump my dislike of Peyton/Welker so I guess I will be rooting for Denver, "without enthusiasm".

I thought Orton played great in a tough situation in that last Cowboys game other than that last pass being a foot or so behind the receiver.
Orton is a really good backup. I think there should be a quarterback controversy in Dallas
Old 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #158
Dryer sheet aficionado

Sherman is playing the crowds no dummy its good for ratings and the added color shows what competition is all about. Would you like to watch lay ups or some dunks in your face.
If he eats his words it still has some really good special spirit for the great super bowl. Hawks 34 Ponies 17
trouthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #159
Recycles dryer sheets

How about this?
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.ph...sets_117:19402

My engineering team and I worked on this during the past week. Pretty cool.
Turboslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #160

[QUOTE=sanfanciscotreat;1405723]Sherman need treatment for a speech pathology problem. I cannot understand a word he says.[/QUOTEfrom]He has a 4.2 GPA from Stanford!
ripper1 is offline   Reply With Quote