Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
What do you really think?
I really think that Steve Grogan was the man. He made me watch football and as a bonus, went to Kansas - right here in the heartland.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #82
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

[QUOTE=ziggy29;1405003]Joe Montana calling. Hello, 4-0 in Super Bowls?

But Brady holds the record for most playoffs wins with 18.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #83
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
But Brady holds the record for most playoffs wins with 18
I'll bet Dan Marino would give up all the other playoff wins in his career if he could just win one Super Bowl. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 4-0 in Super Bowls is far more impressive than 2-3.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I'll bet Dan Marino would give up all the other playoff wins in his career if he could just win one Super Bowl. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 4-0 in Super Bowls is far more impressive than 2-3.

It's 3-2 and he's still playing.

BTW I never said Brady was the greatest QB but when comparing him to Manning he is the better playoff QB with an 18-7 record to Manning's 10-11 therefore Peyton has more to lose than Brady.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #85
Give me a forum ...

Let's just watch on the weekend. If Denver wins, they can pound on New England fans on Monday.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #86
Recycles dryer sheets

Both Manning and Brady are great, and I highly doubt that either team loses because of their quarterback. Takes a whole team effort at this stage.

Life-long Niners fan here. It's gonna be a tough, hard fought game in the NFC, but I think the Niner's offensive line steps up big in pass protection and the run game and wins it for them.
IBWino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #87

Hey, even the 'Pawn Stars' have gotten into the Seattle Seahawks 12th Man 'nonsense' (from the Jan. 16, 2014 'pie' episode).

And #GoHawks has been trending for quite some time now on Twitter. Go Hawks!
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #88
Give me a forum ...

This "Omaha" business is strange. Maybe he is talking to Warren Buffett.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #89
Give me a forum ...

Oh well, the Pats really didn't play well, or Denver's defense did. I have to wonder if the altitude threw Brady, he had way more bad throws than normal. They know about it, but hard to adjust. And you can't give Peyton that much time. DW is sad.

But we like Peyton, and hope he goes all the way, and then retires...

SF and Seattle should be good, next.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #90
Give me a forum ...

I'm laying on the ground now, so if any Broncs want to gallop over and dance on my knees, go for it. Nice job and good luck!

Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #91
Full time employment: Posting here.

Here I am rooting for the Seahawks...but....I really think there is something wrong with sooooo many people living life through the actions of people they don't even know.
F4mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #92
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4mandolin View Post
Here I am rooting for the Seahawks...but....I really think there is something wrong with sooooo many people living life through the actions of people they don't even know.

You could substitute "enjoying the play" for "living life"?

Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #93
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
It's 3-2 and he's still playing.

BTW I never said Brady was the greatest QB but when comparing him to Manning he is the better playoff QB with an 18-7 record to Manning's 10-11 therefore Peyton has more to lose than Brady.
I stand corrected on the record in Super Bowls. For some reason I was thinking he lost the one to the Rams, which is wrong.

As for Manning... well, 32-43, 400 yards, 2 TD and no INT... hard to find fault there. Brady was adequate but certainly not spectacular today. A lot of what he got came after Denver started playing soft in the fourth quarter.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 01-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #94
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyman View Post
You could substitute "enjoying the play" for "living life"?
Eh?
F4mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
NFL
Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #95
Give me a forum ...

NFL

Quote:
Eh?

What I meant was people relax, they don't live their life, with the help of sports. Playing and watching.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #96

Quote:
After my son was done with HS football I pretty much lost interest. I keep up with the game just enough to relate to clients but no hard core fan here.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #97
Give me a forum ...

It occurs to me that I don't care if this game goes into octuple overtime on Sunday. I can sleep in

Old 01-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I stand corrected on the record in Super Bowls. For some reason I was thinking he lost the one to the Rams, which is wrong.

As for Manning... well, 32-43, 400 yards, 2 TD and no INT... hard to find fault there. Brady was adequate but certainly not spectacular today. A lot of what he got came after Denver started playing soft in the fourth quarter.
Manning and the Denver offense were unstoppable today and they deserve to win. I was somewhat disappointed the PATS did not win but deep inside I knew they overachieved this year with all the injuries.

I think the better team won today.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #99
Give me a forum ...

The zebras who said the Seahawks recovered that fumble at the 1 yard line really got lucky that Seattle botched the subsequent 4th down play, or else they would have decided the game. It's ridiculous that a play that obviously and easily overturned wasn't reviewable.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Nothing against SF or Seattle, but the superbowl before the superbowl is this Sunday. Brady vs Manning, Manning vs Brady.
I admit I'm a biased Seattle-area homeboy, but that SF vs. Seattle NFC Championship game was high drama, unlike the much ballyhooed Brady-Manning snorefest!

Go Hawks!
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote