NFL

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
This should be a poll but, well, I'm too lazy. Who do you think will win it?

I've been a New England fan since I started watching in the late 70s and old habits die hard (or don't die at all). Still can't get over that loss to the NYG.

I think Denver is going to win it all. Good luck stopping Manning with all those weapons he has. Their defense is average but it doesnt matter. Nobody can stop them.

It's all meant to be entertainment, so as long as I'm entertained, who cares who wins? Personally, I'm for the gladiators with the nets and spears. They're cuter than the guys with the swords and shields.

The Romans had the right idea about sports and athletics and entertaining the masses to keep them content and the rulers in power. We seem to be walking in their footsteps.

Denver is my pick to win. I hope New England doesn't win.

I don't follow the NFL very closely anymore, but I always root for the 49ers.

If Seattle doesn't pick up their offense, they are going to have a problem real soon.
+1. I don't think that Russell Wilson is the quarterback he is hyped to be. Every time I see him running 20 yards in the wrong direction I get a queasy feeling.

He does have good field instincts and often turns these into gains, but I think they are dangerous. And Marshawn may have taken all the beatings that his body can stand.
Ha

Today's games should be interesting. These teams had quarterbacks I thought were amazing back in the 80s: Joe Montana, Dan Fouts, and John Elway. Yes, they are gone but they set the bar.

I love the Pats but I suspect that Denver will take it.

Love Brady but love-to-hate/hate-to-love Manning. A Pats/Denver game next week would be one for the ages. (assuming Denver wins today)

I've got burned too many times picking Manning to go all the way. The Patriots haven't won the big one in awhile (thanks to Eli and the Giants). The Patriots did look good running the ball against the Colts.

So, I'm picking the 49ers. (Now that I said this, they'll probably lose to the Panthers :LOL:)

Watch out for the Chargers today. They beat Denver last time they played and held them to their lowest points and offensive plays in both meetings this year. The Chargers head coach was Manning's offensive coordinator last year.

As a Pats fan I am rooting for the Chargers this afternoon and if they win we'll play them at home next week.

I think Denver is going to win it all. Good luck stopping Manning with all those weapons he has. Their defense is average but it doesnt matter. Nobody can stop them.
Defense wins Super Bowls. Seattle will destroy the Broncos.

Back
Top Bottom