Join Early Retirement Today

Re: NFL Playoffs
Old 01-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick2
Sigh - surprised I haven't got a call from my sister(formerly from White River Junction) and a die hard Patriot fan.

heh heh heh heh heh - ?Saint's against that Manning kid in the Superbowl - can miracles happen??
Unfortunately Manning won't make it to the Superbowl. Next week the Pats will finally exploit the Indy defense.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

CorporateBurnout--We'll be waiting next Sunday in Indy for you--Bring It On!

Old 01-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout
Unfortunately Manning won't make it to the Superbowl. Next week the Pats will finally exploit the Indy defense.
Yep, it wouldnt be january without my home town patriots beating mannings team.

Wonder who Peyton will blame this year after the loss. I'm surprised his offensive line didnt tape him inside his locker last year after he said "protection problems" were the cause of the loss...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:33 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Chicago Bears 27, Seattle Seahawks 24 (O/T) :P

Good game, though.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #25

Yep, sure was a good game, we enjoyed it but I had a feeling the Pats would pull it out .

Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras
Outtahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #26
Dryer sheet aficionado

Yay Pats.
Won a bet yesterday by betting against Marty Shottenheimer,the perpetual bridesmaid.
In the playoffs Marty has always played not to lose instead of playing to win.
He did that here in Brownstown,KC and Washington.Now the fans in San Diego will learn about him.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysk
Yay Pats.
Won a bet yesterday by betting against Marty Shottenheimer,
So did I. Bet an old co-worker from san diego a case of sam adams against whatever fruit flavored "beer" the "men" in san diego like to drink. Now i'm not sure I want it
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #28

Wow what a game! No wonder Marty Shottenheimer is 5-12 (now 5-13) in the playoffs. Throws away a timeout challenging an obvious fumble. This could have left him 30 more seconds on thier final drive. BUT THEN he leaves time on the clock and attempts a 54 yard field goal .... what's this guy smoking?? A 6 second play to the sidelines COULD have trimmed 10 more yards off that attempt.

GO PATS!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute 'n Fuzzy Bunny
So did I. Bet an old co-worker from san diego a case of sam adams against whatever fruit flavored "beer" the "men" in san diego like to drink. Now i'm not sure I want it
Being a Bronco fan, I wasn't crying yesterday when the home town team CHOKED ( fire Marty). I was sad that everyone was too blue to go out to eat afterwards, I was really looking forward to some good chinese. But DON'T MESS with our Beer-a-Coladas!!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

I was hoping you'd pick up on that one.

Keep marty but install another coach that you put in during the playoffs. Whats Jimmy Johnson doing these days? I'm sure he'd take a six week a year job in san diego during january.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:12 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

They already started passing the collection plate....

Meanwhile, Payton Manning is crying, "Noooo....not the Pats again!"

His team is only this far because of their defence, Payton is still choking in the post season.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
They already started passing the collection plate....

Meanwhile, Payton Manning is crying, "Noooo....not the Pats again!"

His team is only this far because of their defence, Payton is still choking in the post season.
Totally agree. The Indy defense!!!!!!! bailed him out the last couple of games thanks to a lousy coaching job by Herm and a lousy performance by McNair. The Pats will exploit the Indy defense and the pressure will be on Peyton again. it is time to either put up or shut up.......Go Pats.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Either way, the results will be historic. Either Payton will get over and get into the superbowl, or the Pats will further cement their legacy as the team of the 2000's, Brady being the man, their coach being a genius, etc. etc. Personally, I'm rooting for the Pats because I like the emphasis on team play and selflessness.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #34

I think it was last year's playoff game where the Patriots ran a defense against the Colts with no defensive lineman....I just about had a nasal milk moment...poor peyton didnt know what do do either.... very entertaining....what amazes me is that they continue to find players and stay way below the cap.....
Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Yep, that goes way back to the parcells/bellichick giants teams. Zero/one/two defensive line fronts while dropping 9-11 guys back into coverage were good little tricks on key downs.

You think Manning was confused...imagine the five 350lb road graders standing in front of him with nobody to block. "uhh...what do we do now?". Too bad none of them were eligible...they were open.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Plan for Chargers for next year:

Do some coach tampering (don't get caught) and steal Bill Parcells from the 'boys, fire Schottenfruiedenlagerheimer and get ring.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

Step 3: Profit!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Plan for Chargers for next year:

Do some coach tampering (don't get caught) and steal Bill Parcells from the 'boys, fire Schottenfruiedenlagerheimer and get ring.
You do not have to steal Parcells. We're donating him, and a bonus: T. O. I was thrilled when Big Bill showed up, but he's past it. He should retire like the rest of us. Now his two good coaches, Sean Payton and Zimmer have left. Payton is looking good with the Saints, and Bill's been here four years with just about a 50-50 won/lost percentage.

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, but match up the talent/player value of the Chargers vs. the 'Boys.

LT vs. TO is a comparision I'll take any day. At best Tony is equal to Philip Rivers, and our O-line is great. We just need a lock down corner. Jammer failed his big test (that long pass play? His guy, you can see him two steps behind, falling down, when the catch is made. He always does that.).
Old 01-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #40
Give me a forum ...

Playoffs?
http://www.czabe.com/backup/Vol3_jan...5_playoffs.mp3