NFL Playoffs

Yay Pats.
Won a bet yesterday by betting against Marty Shottenheimer,the perpetual bridesmaid.
In the playoffs Marty has always played not to lose instead of playing to win.
He did that here in Brownstown,KC and Washington.Now the fans in San Diego will learn about him.

raysk said:
Yay Pats.
Won a bet yesterday by betting against Marty Shottenheimer,

So did I. Bet an old co-worker from san diego a case of sam adams against whatever fruit flavored "beer" the "men" in san diego like to drink. Now i'm not sure I want it ;)

Wow what a game! No wonder Marty Shottenheimer is 5-12 (now 5-13) in the playoffs. Throws away a timeout challenging an obvious fumble. This could have left him 30 more seconds on thier final drive. BUT THEN he leaves time on the clock and attempts a 54 yard field goal .... what's this guy smoking?? A 6 second play to the sidelines COULD have trimmed 10 more yards off that attempt.

GO PATS!

Cute 'n Fuzzy Bunny said:
So did I. Bet an old co-worker from san diego a case of sam adams against whatever fruit flavored "beer" the "men" in san diego like to drink. Now i'm not sure I want it ;)

Being a Bronco fan, I wasn't crying yesterday when the home town team CHOKED ( fire Marty). I was sad that everyone was too blue to go out to eat afterwards, I was really looking forward to some good chinese. But DON'T MESS with our Beer-a-Coladas!!

:LOL: I was hoping you'd pick up on that one.

Keep marty but install another coach that you put in during the playoffs. Whats Jimmy Johnson doing these days? I'm sure he'd take a six week a year job in san diego during january.

They already started passing the collection plate....

Meanwhile, Payton Manning is crying, "Noooo....not the Pats again!"

His team is only this far because of their defence, Payton is still choking in the post season.

Laurence said:
They already started passing the collection plate....

Meanwhile, Payton Manning is crying, "Noooo....not the Pats again!"

His team is only this far because of their defence, Payton is still choking in the post season.

Totally agree. The Indy defense!!!!!!! bailed him out the last couple of games thanks to a lousy coaching job by Herm and a lousy performance by McNair. The Pats will exploit the Indy defense and the pressure will be on Peyton again. it is time to either put up or shut up.......Go Pats.

Either way, the results will be historic. Either Payton will get over and get into the superbowl, or the Pats will further cement their legacy as the team of the 2000's, Brady being the man, their coach being a genius, etc. etc. Personally, I'm rooting for the Pats because I like the emphasis on team play and selflessness.

I think it was last year's playoff game where the Patriots ran a defense against the Colts with no defensive lineman....I just about had a nasal milk moment...poor peyton didnt know what do do either....:-* very entertaining....what amazes me is that they continue to find players and stay way below the cap.....

Yep, that goes way back to the parcells/bellichick giants teams. Zero/one/two defensive line fronts while dropping 9-11 guys back into coverage were good little tricks on key downs.

You think Manning was confused...imagine the five 350lb road graders standing in front of him with nobody to block. "uhh...what do we do now?". Too bad none of them were eligible...they were open.

Plan for Chargers for next year:

Do some coach tampering (don't get caught) and steal Bill Parcells from the 'boys, fire Schottenfruiedenlagerheimer and get ring.

Laurence said:
Plan for Chargers for next year:

Do some coach tampering (don't get caught) and steal Bill Parcells from the 'boys, fire Schottenfruiedenlagerheimer and get ring.
You do not have to steal Parcells. We're donating him, and a bonus: T. O. I was thrilled when Big Bill showed up, but he's past it. He should retire like the rest of us. Now his two good coaches, Sean Payton and Zimmer have left. Payton is looking good with the Saints, and Bill's been here four years with just about a 50-50 won/lost percentage.

Yeah, but match up the talent/player value of the Chargers vs. the 'Boys.

LT vs. TO is a comparision I'll take any day. At best Tony is equal to Philip Rivers, and our O-line is great. We just need a lock down corner. Jammer failed his big test (that long pass play? His guy, you can see him two steps behind, falling down, when the catch is made. He always does that.).

califdreamer said:
I can't remember a more boneheaded performance than the Chargers' yesterday.

:p

Granted there were some bonehead plays and penalties by the Chargers but when you are leading by 8 points in the second half and you have the best back in football and you give him the ball a total of 7 times as opposed to 17 in the first half I call this a choke job among many others by the coach. Thank god we have Belichick....

How about the Saints? Probably not good enough to beat the Pats but the Bears look beatable, even in Chicago. They sure made good pick ups in Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and a Sean Payton. :)

I bet $1,000 in monopoly money it'll be Pats-Saints in the Superbowl. At this point I'm just looking forward to the game so I can come off my diet and have some brewskis and nachos...

I took care of that by choosing a diet of beer and nachos. Every once in a while I go off the diet, feel bad about my lack of commitment and put myself right back on.

DOG52 said:
How about the Saints? Probably not good enough to beat the Pats but the Bears look beatable, even in Chicago. They sure made good pick ups in Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and a Sean Payton. :)

I am picking the Saints to beat the Bears. Chicago looked unimpressive against a weaker Seahawks team.

Back
Top Bottom